HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Erik Cole is ****ing awesome" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Pathetic comeback.
If Gomez were a nice guy he'd healthy scratch himself for the rest of his contract and give the money back to the team. He is beyond a detriment to this club and the fact that he steals better players ice time with a grin on his face makes him a *****.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Good for them, I believe Gio and Gomer took over the loge when Kovy left. It's a nice gesture for sure, we rip these guys for their on ice production but ya they have hearts and make kids smile

Old
12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
If Gomez were a nice guy he'd healthy scratch himself for the rest of his contract and give the money back to the team. He is beyond a detriment to this club and the fact that he steals better players ice time with a grin on his face makes him a *****.

You are judging a person's character, that you know nothing about, based on his subpar (definitely subpar!) hockey play. God damn that is hilarious in its ridiculousness. I would bet that Scott Gomez has done more for other people than you ever have or ever will! And I mean that both for the community, charity, and for his teammates - notice young guys giving him credit all the time for helping them transition in the league, no doubt the guys like having him around and he's a good teammate.

Anyway, call me an apologist all you want, I think Gomez has played like **** and I honestly think when healthy we are close to being a better team without him in the lineup at all, but jeez people need to learn to separate a human being from the sport. It's sad, but also a perfect example of why I try not venture into any non-news thread!

Last edited by overlords: 12-06-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old
12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
You are seriously ****ed up in the head if you believe these things, haha. You are judging a person's character, that you know nothing about, based on his subpar (definitely subpar!) hockey play. God damn that is hilarious in its ridiculousness. I would bet that Scott Gomez has done more for other people than you ever have or ever will! And I mean that both for the community, charity, and for his teammates - notice young guys giving him credit all the time for helping them transition in the league, no doubt the guys like having him around and he's a good teammate.

Anyway, call me an apologist all you want, I think Gomez has played like **** and I honestly think when healthy we are close to being a better team without him in the lineup at all, but jeez people need to learn to separate a human being from the sport. It's sad, but also a perfect example of why I try not venture into any non-news thread!
What can you say? People have a blind hatred when it comes to Gomez. People just bash him for the sake of bashing him, over anything. I see plenty of people bashing him even when he has a strong game.

I can't stand him on the team, but I love him as a human being, he's got such a great personality and seems like a great friend to have. He's done plenty for the community, charities and whatnot, more than probably anyone that bashes him endlessly on these boards.

Old
12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
You are seriously ****ed up in the head if you believe these things, haha. You are judging a person's character, that you know nothing about, based on his subpar (definitely subpar!) hockey play. God damn that is hilarious in its ridiculousness. I would bet that Scott Gomez has done more for other people than you ever have or ever will! And I mean that both for the community, charity, and for his teammates - notice young guys giving him credit all the time for helping them transition in the league, no doubt the guys like having him around and he's a good teammate.

A nice guy wouldn't wear a number nobody wants him to wear just to piss off the entire fan base he plays for.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:07 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

The last 2 pages of this thread = orgasm

Old
12-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
A nice guy wouldn't wear a number nobody wants him to wear just to piss off the entire fan base he plays for.
Keep embarrassing yourself, it's quite entertaining.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:53 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Keep embarrassing yourself, it's quite entertaining.
The only thing embarrassing is your defending the worst player in the history of this franchise. Georges Laraque could help this team more than Gomez does.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
The only thing embarrassing is your defending the worst player in the history of this franchise. Georges Laraque could help this team more than Gomez does.
Keep going. Really, I'm anxiously awaiting to see what more "proof" you'll put out of your rear end.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:05 AM
FrankMTL

Imagine if Cole wouldn't have started the year so slow...He had 3G 2A in the first 15 games, and 5G 6A in his last 11 games.

On top of that, he has so many scoring chances...With all the chances he creates with his speed, he should probably be our leading scorer right now.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:58 PM
habspinner

You know, even if this guy doesn't pan out to be as good as he's been lately throughout his entire contract, at least he will be a good mentor and a good influence to our up and coming players.

What he did for Leblanc and his family is an extremely classy and just downright great way for a teammate and human to act. It's very possible that many similar acts occur like this through an NHL team's season, but we rarely hear about them, perhaps it would be good to have more of these feel good stories once and a while.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Subbanned

Can't complain with Cole! Exactly as advertised, minus some of the implied dependencies on one Eric Staal (looks like it might have been the other way around).

At his age I doubt his scoring output will maintain at the pace it's been the last 10 games or so, and he'll have some slumps like the beginning of the season, but his presence alone is worth it.

If only he were younger and we knew we could look forward to many more years of his play

Old
12-06-2011, 05:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

We need 2 more "Cole"s.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i don't really call it slumping in the begining. if i recall he was get like 13 minutes a game and wasn't being put in a position to play his game or being properly used by martin. or you could say martin was just easing him in, idk. not to mention starting up with a new team. i have to say i wasn't worried about the siging or his start. i had a good feeling it would smooth out well. sure there's a ways to go in the contract, but it should be good for a while i hope.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Mega bump.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

Quote:
Mega bump.
I fell off the Gomez train a while ago. Fell on my head real hard (long story)... At least we're on the same wave lenght with Cole.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
strutsboa

10:25 min (27:04-16:39) more ice-time than the second forward on the team in one game must almost be an NHL record?

Old
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I fell off the Gomez train a while ago. Fell on my head real hard (long story)... At least we're on the same wave lenght with Cole.
Good to have ya aboard, even if I'm still a passenger on the train you abandoned.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
karatekid

Not sold on Cole with Pleks...prefer him with DD!

Old
01-05-2012, 10:56 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid View Post
Not sold on Cole with Pleks...prefer him with DD!
nah

put DD with anyone and he'll score goals.

We should bring back Dagenais
he was a pure Goal scorer but could've not play hockey.

Cole played a hell of a game yesterday!

Old
01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
nah

put DD with anyone and he'll score goals.

We should bring back Dagenais
he was a pure Goal scorer but could've not play hockey.

Cole played a hell of a game yesterday!
Cole and DD are by far our best offensive forwards this year, as far as consistency goes. DD would be the leading scorer if more people converted on his chances too - I still don't know how Cole missed that slot pass last night. I'll blame it on the 27 minutes of ice-time.

DD helped get Cammalleri going again, which is beneficial to our team.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
habitue*

Cole is definitely my favourite UFA signing of the last 10 years.

Exactly what the Habs needed and still need more in the line up

Old
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I guess there has never been a nice guy in the NHL then or any other sports. Moral of the story is, athletes are jerks. But me and you...for sure, we would've given the money back and admit that we suck

Old
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Cole and DD are by far our best offensive forwards this year, as far as consistency goes. DD would be the leading scorer if more people converted on his chances too - I still don't know how Cole missed that slot pass last night. I'll blame it on the 27 minutes of ice-time.

DD helped get Cammalleri going again, which is beneficial to our team.
What also helped get Cammalleri going was gettig time against lesser opposition.

Cole is the type of guy who works on any line because most of his goals come from his own work, not setups. The 'Staal made Cole' fallacy was disproven even before he signed for the Habs.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
What also helped get Cammalleri going was gettig time against lesser opposition.

Cole is the type of guy who works on any line because most of his goals come from his own work, not setups. The 'Staal made Cole' fallacy was disproven even before he signed for the Habs.
Cole has been our best forward, no question...now, if we could just somehow acquire Staal...

Closed Thread