HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Y2K born Norwegian - Youtube phenom

Old
12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenas View Post
He's the next Toni Rajala.. just look at how small he is!!!!
My guess is that he is playing against kids older than him.

In the video, he is playing in Sweden, but the ending says Lorenskog Hockey, which is a Norwegean team.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 07:39 AM
YARR123

Is it just me or was his team playing against HV-71? If he plays in sweden that should be huge for his development.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Is it just me or was his team playing against HV-71? If he plays in sweden that should be huge for his development.
Probably just a tournament. It says in the video that he plays in Norway. I would expect the whole family to move to Sweden in a few years.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Dosing

lets hope he pulls a sörensen

some swedish team will definitely pick him up soon

Last edited by Dosing: 12-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

unreal skills

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:33 AM
agentremax

Im happy to see him play with "good players" (with players who can shot the puck).

This guy is a more team player than before, look like he has everything. A good wrist shot, good pass, good faceoff, GREAT speed (new pavel bure?), great dekes....

I just hope we could get more info about where he plays, wich category, what he expect to do next...

agentremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
My guess is that he is playing against kids older than him.

In the video, he is playing in Sweden, but the ending says Lorenskog Hockey, which is a Norwegean team.
If you look at the ads it aint swedish

Okey until 2:10 it aint, then it is

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Tiranis

I did a little googling last night after seeing this thread. It looks like he plays for the U13 team (older competition) of a pro Norwegian team called Lorenskog IK. Based on their game schedule, it looks like they play against Norwegian, Swedish, some Finnish, and some Czech teams. They also seem to go to a bunch of different tournaments for that age group. It looks like they recently beat HV71, Mariestad, Linkoping, and some other teams to win a small tournament.

Quote:
Lørenskog their U13 teams participated this weekend in the HV71's tournament Prolymphia Trophy. This was a three-day tournament consisting of the initial group games and playoffs. Among the teams we met were well-known ambitious Swedish team Linkoping, Back, Mariestad and HV71. After a weekend full of strong performances, could Lorenskog 99 boys deserved lift the trophy after the final victory over Mariestad the mighty Kinnarps Arena on Sunday evening.

http://lik.no/Nyheter_list.asp?menuID=3699
Also, apparently they played in some sort of big U13 tournament back in September and MEP tied for the lead in the scoring race and was the only player from his team to be named to the All-Star Game. Here's an article about it: http://hockeynorge.no/index.php?opti...eam&Itemid=137

So I guess he's doing well which is nice to see, certainly seems on track to at the very least have a major junior career of some sort.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I did a little googling last night after seeing this thread. It looks like he plays for the U13 team (older competition) of a pro Norwegian team called Lorenskog IK. Based on their game schedule, it looks like they play against Norwegian, Swedish, some Finnish, and some Czech teams. They also seem to go to a bunch of different tournaments for that age group. It looks like they recently beat HV71, Mariestad, Linkoping, and some other teams to win a small tournament.

Also, apparently they played in some sort of big U13 tournament back in September and MEP tied for the lead in the scoring race and was the only player from his team to be named to the All-Star Game. Here's an article about it: http://hockeynorge.no/index.php?opti...eam&Itemid=137

So I guess he's doing well which is nice to see, certainly seems on track to at the very least have a major junior career of some sort.
And that is against kids older than him? On Norway?

I hate hyping kids up but he has a chance of really carving out an impressive career. Hopefully he keeps it up.

By the way, as for the new video..he looks better than ever. So unselfish yet still so talented. Small? Not against those who are older in years where you should be getting a growth spurt. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at least 5"10 or 5"11. Either way, he's fast and is very talented..so that's a huge plus.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
babyshamble

Sweden hockey Trophy is the biggest kids tournament in Europe. He played with kids 1 year older than him and ended up on the all-star team. His team was ranked at number 21 in the tournament.

So far so good. Hope he keeps it up

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Odd to see him pass so much.

Most times, when a kid is clearly the best player on the team they will just score at will and will never pass. Clearly he likes to set his teammates up, which is nice to see.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
cenas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Odd to see him pass so much.

Most times, when a kid is clearly the best player on the team they will just score at will and will never pass. Clearly he likes to set his teammates up, which is nice to see.
Its like when the teacher plays hockey with the students.. it would look silly if he scored so he passes to the worse off kids so they can score too.

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Latex*
DM is good

His dad is only 5'9 / 176cm tall.

I hope Mathias Emilo grows taller.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

He seems to like feeding #22 in white a lot too..so definitely has a capable linemate I guess.

Really shows how unselfish the kid is..he could probably have way better numbers if he just held onto it.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:41 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

I know it's early, but he has some unreal skills and dekes, and his skating is amazing. Looks small, but plays vs. older kids. And yes it was HV71 he played vs. as far as I could see.

Classless celebrations

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
pine

This kid is unreal.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
BLBarmada

Someone's going to rip into me for this but:

He's good, by far better then everyone else in his age group. Highway miles against.

Ex: Peewee AA player against Peewee A players, now here in Quebec the gap is huge.

He may not be all that good, I understand he just carried a team to an unlikely victory playing a year up against top players, but the gap between top players at the age is huge.

To me I see a Peewee AA caliber player, probably the top player on the team. He's no prodigy, but hes dam good. I think it's premature, and he's overyhyped.

Right now, his skating is great, he's got great hockey sense, I mean this is advanced stuff that he's doing, he sees the play well, he sees the ice very well, smart with the puck. Great anticipation. His stickhandling is great, I'd say its a Bantam AA level.

His shot isnt great, I mean it's average, my cousin played peewee A last year and he can rip it better then half of the kid in double letters.

He's got good accuracy, but the wrist and slap shots are average/slightly above for a peewee level, AA wise.

Also it's highlights of him that I'm seeing so yeah.

I think he should be playing U15 in Norway that's like 2 years up. From what he's playing now.

He needs a better level of competition, it's a matter of time before he moves to Sweden.

Great player no doubt, but I'd take a wait and see approach. But he's a skilled 11 year old but I think it's early to start hyping him.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Lol some of you should really just relax a little. Maybe he's just playing for fun while some of you are making throughout analysis on a 11yo kids play.

"average wristshot for his age" yeah :

Old
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Lol some of you should really just relax a little. Maybe he's just playing for fun while some of you are making throughout analysis on a 11yo kids play.

"average wristshot for his age" yeah :
Calm down down buddy, and yes it average, please over here on AA half the kids can shoot like that, the other half better.

I'm mean how many people are touting him ? Look at what happened to Freddy adu.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Calm down down buddy, and yes it average, please over here on AA half the kids can shoot like that, the other half better.

I'm mean how many people are touting him ? Look at what happened to Freddy adu.
I think you missed the main point of my post...

The kid is probably just having fun, not going for an NHL career and thinking what he should devolope in his game.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:25 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
I think you missed the main point of my post...

The kid is probably just having fun, not going for an NHL career and thinking what he should devolope in his game.
You missed my point, I said it's early to classify him as a potential NHLer, however I simply wrote what I saw, you took the shot part to heart, idk y.

If in 3 years he's playing a year up and dominating, then I think it's time to give him high praise.

And that's directed at everyone.

And yes I see your point, of course he's not worried about that right now, but it's great to see he's having fun. And he is very unselfish.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Someone's going to rip into me for this but:

He's good, by far better then everyone else in his age group. Highway miles against.

Ex: Peewee AA player against Peewee A players, now here in Quebec the gap is huge.

He may not be all that good, I understand he just carried a team to an unlikely victory playing a year up against top players, but the gap between top players at the age is huge.

To me I see a Peewee AA caliber player, probably the top player on the team. He's no prodigy, but hes dam good. I think it's premature, and he's overyhyped.

Right now, his skating is great, he's got great hockey sense, I mean this is advanced stuff that he's doing, he sees the play well, he sees the ice very well, smart with the puck. Great anticipation. His stickhandling is great, I'd say its a Bantam AA level.

His shot isnt great, I mean it's average, my cousin played peewee A last year and he can rip it better then half of the kid in double letters.

He's got good accuracy, but the wrist and slap shots are average/slightly above for a peewee level, AA wise.

Also it's highlights of him that I'm seeing so yeah.

I think he should be playing U15 in Norway that's like 2 years up. From what he's playing now.

He needs a better level of competition, it's a matter of time before he moves to Sweden.

Great player no doubt, but I'd take a wait and see approach. But he's a skilled 11 year old but I think it's early to start hyping him.
I see your point, but lets face it, he would get killed against four year older guys, maybe he could hang on there skill wise, but the physical maturity of a 11-year-old and a 14-15-year-old is HUGE. How tall is he? 5'3''? I would guess he would play against some guys who are over 6-feet tall, if one of them hit him, it wouldn't be pretty.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:15 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
I see your point, but lets face it, he would get killed against four year older guys, maybe he could hang on there skill wise, but the physical maturity of a 11-year-old and a 14-15-year-old is HUGE. How tall is he? 5'3''? I would guess he would play against some guys who are over 6-feet tall, if one of them hit him, it wouldn't be pretty.
^ This. That is just insane to throw him up against kids who are that much older and bigger.

Old
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
BLBarmada

Do they play contact at that age over there ?

And is their game that physical ?

Over here yes definitely he would get crushed without a doubt. U-14 he could handle, but at the very least he need to play in a better league against better competition if he's going to get better.

Old
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
I hope he makes it to the NHL just for the idea of yearly highlight reels since the age of 8. That's probably never been done before in sports.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote