HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guys you would rather not want to see traded and why

Old
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
sabresandcanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmietana View Post
I don't really get all the love for Myers? People clamoring about nonsense awards or how he had such heart after his benching? You see his first goal the game he came back? a Gimmie and he fanned...He is a fast, tall D man with above average hands. That being said being tall doesn't make you Nick Lidstrom. It's so overvalued (and I'm 6'4), if Myers was six foot would you even consider him good? I think he would be considered a slightly less talented Sekera. I would take another Regehr in a second. Seriously, he is lights out, hasn't made any sort of glaring error and is one of the toughest guys on the ice. The only two guys on this team who can't be traded are Regehr and Vanek.

You only are able to obtain high level talent by taking risks. Right now Myers is so over hyped it is the perfect time to trade him. Hell, he got outplayed by nearly all are Dmen in the playoffs last year, including some newbies (MAG)!

On a seperate note; we really need to move Stafford and Roy. They have put up numbers that could be enticing to some but we all know they aren't what championship teams are made of.
Please see chara's development...that should give you a hint why Myers is treasured so highly.

At this point I would only consider moving stafford, leino ( yeah right ), Roy, mag or weber for a top six upgrade...that second line just is not good enough...I like this team outside of that, the players just need to come together and forge an identity...but trading doesn't really address that

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I don't want to trade Kassian.
In fact, I'd like to make roster room to see him stay in Buffalo the rest of the year.
I think Kassian's time in the lineup while Boyes is out is a tryout of sorts. If he shows he belongs, I think they'll trade Boyes and keep him up. Logic and simple economics favors trading Boyes:

1) He frees up a bunch of cap room in the event that they want to add salary at the deadline.

2) He plays a position at which we have the most depth.

3) At this point in his career Boyes is primarily a PP producer, and of limited use at ES, and no use on the PK. I think Ennis could replace most or all of the departing offense on the PP.

And I'd like Kassian in the lineup during the postseason. I think he'll really ratchet up his game in the NHL playoffs.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think Kassian's time in the lineup while Boyes is out is a tryout of sorts. If he shows he belongs, I think they'll trade Boyes and keep him up. Logic and simple economics favors trading Boyes:

1) He frees up a bunch of cap room in the event that they want to add salary at the deadline.

2) He plays a position at which we have the most depth.

3) At this point in his career Boyes is primarily a PP producer, and of limited use at ES, and no use on the PK. I think Ennis could replace most or all of the departing offense on the PP.

And I'd like Kassian in the lineup during the postseason. I think he'll really ratchet up his game in the NHL playoffs.
Excellent points. Especially about how Boyes' mostly PP role could be filled.

As for the bolded, I had the same thoughts the other day. Physically dominant forwards who can score have astronomical value in the postseason. And if we're going to beat the Boston's and Philly's, you need Kassian types who can forecheck like it's nobody's business to wear down opposing defenses (Boston did this to us, and so did Philly last year).

I'm all for finding room for Zack full time

Irving Zisman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Dsmietana

I hope more than anything Tyler develops into Zdeno Chara, I just personally don't think he has the same aggression.

It is just my opinion but I don't see him progressing into much more than a less talented Bouwmeester (Which isn't to shabby), But no where near as high as some of you have him pegged.

Last edited by Dsmietana: 12-02-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Dsmietana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 05:43 AM
French Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Sabretooth

Everyone else is expendable for the right price. No player should feel ZERO pressure about underperforming and not being tradebait.
This.

Everybody is trade bait if it makes the team better.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
I hope more than anything Tyler develops into Zdeno Chara, I just personally don't think he has the same aggression.

It is just my opinion but I don't see him progressing into much more than a less talented Bouwmeester (Which isn't to shabby), But no where near as high as some of you have him pegged.
yup a less talented Bouwmeester, fo shizzle.

what does this make Schenn? a less talented Mike Komisarek?

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:

Well seeing as Myers blew away Bouwmeesters career high in points as a 19 year old rookie, I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Bouwmeester didn't even crack the 40 point marker until he was 22.

Myers has a ways to go to match Bouwmeester defensively but Bouwmeester was far from the finsihed product he is today when he was 21.

Myers also has a huge, huge advantage in the physical department. Myers has shown the ability to play with a mean streak and be a seriously physically imposing threat on the blue line. Bouwmeester has never shown this, as Myers gets older I expect to see him involved more and more in the physical game.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote