HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 2.0 - Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2011, 10:46 AM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Rodent says he heard that the asking price for Mr. Stevenson was Step and Girardi - yikes...
I hope Sather and his buddies had Murray on speaker and all laughed out loud at him when he said that.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I don't know about the rest of you, but i'd love to get inside what it looked like on trade deadline day or July 1st in the office of an NHL GM. Just to see what the process was. The few times I talked to Waddell he seemed frantically busy.

Maybe that should be HBO's next hockey show. A day in the shoes of an NHL GM.

12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Rodent says he heard that the asking price for Mr. Stevenson was Step and Girardi - yikes...
Damn, that's alot if true.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:03 AM
turcotte8

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

Brooks

"The Rangers’ discussions with the Ducks this week regarding a possible trade for winger Bobby Ryan never reached the stage where the clubs exchanged proposals, a source familiar with the situation told The Post.

The Ducks never identified the players they wanted from the Rangers. In turn, general manager Glen Sather never made a concrete proposal, though it is believed he established general parameters about which young men he might be willing to send west.

The source told The Post that if the Ducks later this season seek a bounty for the 24-year-old power winger including two prime players off the NHL roster, a prospect and a draft choice, then the Rangers will not be acquiring him."

Old
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Rodent says the package also included a pick and a prospect. I have no idea how reliable his source would be so it could all be speculation, but that would t surprise me if that's who they wanted and it surprises me even less that Slats wouldn't do that deal, especially not midseason. I don't know of any team that would make that level of trade midseason.

Anyways, Rangerboy mentioned in the prospects thread that McBain has often been a scratch on the Canes. Would love to get another Badger here, especially one who is a PMD. Maybe not now, but at the draft what do you think it would take? A pick and a prospect? Nothing more than a second and a b-level guy of course.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:08 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but i'd love to get inside what it looked like on trade deadline day or July 1st in the office of an NHL GM. Just to see what the process was. The few times I talked to Waddell he seemed frantically busy.

That would be awesome. I can't see Slats allowing access but that was my exact pipedream when I read this article:

Quote:
But viewers can expect some changes. For one, HBO is hoping to gain even more access than it had a year ago, when it showed footage from inside the dressing rooms, training rooms, players' houses, team planes and even the NHL's video room on a disputed goal review.

"I can't really tell you what (else we'll do) yet because it's not approved, but we're hoping for other microphones and cameras in places outside the rink that'll give you a feel for everything that's being decided and going on," said Harmon.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381726

12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

Not much different than what the Oilers behind the scenes videos looked like. A GM and his assistant GMs are on their phones/emails talking with GMs from other teams just to see who is available, to gauge value, see what other teams are going to do, and possibly make a trade proposal if they see fit. How hectic it is really just depends on the team, some have a dozen doors opened at once, some have only one or two.

Here's a transcript of a trade between the Astros and Braves from last year, I know it's baseball, and not hockey, but I find that baseballs info is much easier to obtain than hockey, which unfortunately is very hard to find imo: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...-10202011.html

Old
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I had to double check the user name on this one. This is, without a doubt, the most sensible proposal you've ever posted.

The only problem I see is that LA is right up against the cap. If they are taking Dubi, they'd have to send out one of their higher priced dmen, either Doughty (not happening) or Johnson (probably not happening). I don't think Mitchell, Scuderi or Greene get it done.

Or, they'd have to send a younger, cheaper dman and additional salary. Maybe Voynov + Stoll.

To LA: Dubi + Valentenko
To Ana: Voynov + Stoll + CT + NYR 1st
To NYR: Ryan

I'm not sure if either LA or the Ducks would do that, but I don't think the value is too far off.
Thanks for filling in the blanks.

Would prefer to make that the 2013 and not the 2012 first, so I'd add a small little something something for the privilege, but the above works for me!

Old
Vitto79

rumor on main board is Sarich wants out of Calgary. I would offer Wolski, Stalman if they want a D

FA yrs end and I assume he played for Torts?

Old
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

They showed the oilers last deadline on Oil Change. Showed them getting a call from slats too!

Old
12-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Sarich and Staal, you know would give us a pretty respectable defense, probably top 5 in the league in our own zone.

If you could pull that kin d of deal I think you go for it, when you get

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sarich
MDZ-Sauer
with Eminger as the 7th.

Of course, I doubt we trade for him.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
They showed the oilers last deadline on Oil Change. Showed them getting a call from slats too!
If I remember correctly, it was speculated that call was regarding Hemsky, but I want to know what the other players were from the Rangers side.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
rumor on main board is Sarich wants out of Calgary. I would offer Wolski, Stalman if they want a D

FA yrs end and I assume he played for Torts?
Giordano just went down indefinitely. Might give Sarich more playing time.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Carolina is going to shake up their roster

http://twitter.com/#!/LukeDeCock/sta...90673943965698

Tonight being last night.

Rutherford warned Kaberle on Carolina sports radio. What is Rutherford going to do to Kaberle? They aren't sending him to the AHL with that contract. Carolina is a budget team. Didn't Rutherford watch Kaberle in Toronto and Boston? That's Jimmy's problem. He has his son as his AGM and surrounds him with former Carolina players. They all think the same. He hired Muller because he wanted he ideas.
Ok, Ryan is out of the picture for now, the reason was probably the coach, who's gone.

So Carolina, huh.....

Any can't miss assets we should continue nominally overpaying for?

Am I mistaken without enough wakeup juice or is Skinner on Carolina?

Old
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
If I remember correctly, it was speculated that call was regarding Hemsky, but I want to know what the other players were from the Rangers side.
Most interesting part about that was when one of the oiler guys says (talking about somebody they presumably want from us):

"is he that good?"

And the other guy goes "yeah, but they won't trade him".

Who could that have been? Kreider?

Old
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Ok, Ryan is out of the picture for now, the reason was probably the coach, who's gone.

So Carolina, huh.....

Any can't miss assets we should continue nominally overpaying for?

Am I mistaken without enough wakeup juice or is Skinner on Carolina?
Skinner is the only player Carolina absolutely will not move.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Sarich and Staal, you know would give us a pretty respectable defense, probably top 5 in the league in our own zone.

If you could pull that kin d of deal I think you go for it, when you get

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sarich
MDZ-Sauer
with Eminger as the 7th.

Of course, I doubt we trade for him.
That defense looks unbelievably sound in our own end as you said. I think that this is something Sather should consider if want to be able to shut down the high powered offensive teams in a 7 game series.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Jersey is 12-10-1. Currently 4th in the East and 9th in the conference. Hearing rumors of Bankruptcy and they have potentially the biggest Free Agent of next years class in Parise.

What's the odds that he is dealt at the deadline and what would the pricetag be?

Old
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Jersey is 12-10-1. Currently 4th in the East and 9th in the conference. Hearing rumors of Bankruptcy and they have potentially the biggest Free Agent of next years class in Parise.

What's the odds that he is dealt at the deadline and what would the pricetag be?
Are you saying in general or from the rangers? Because he is never getting traded to the Rangers. And Id have to say they wouldn't trade him at all. They'll try to sign him even if they aren't looking like a playoff team at the deadline.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Are you saying in general or from the rangers? Because he is never getting traded to the Rangers. And Id have to say they wouldn't trade him at all. They'll try to sign him even if they aren't looking like a playoff team at the deadline.

Well, definately highly unlikely that he is dealt to the Rangers. But, how feasable is it that he is dealth to the highest bidder? Im am sure they are going to try and resign hm, but at the deadline I am guessing they will have a good idea or not if he is going to test the market. He would oviously fetch a pretty hefty return.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:

The Devils trading Parise to the Rangers? The price tag would be 5 1st round picks, Kreider, Staal, McD, Stepan, Girardi, Lundqvist, 5 more 1st round picks and Callahan. Of course we'd have to take back some salary to make it all work.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:24 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Well, definately highly unlikely that he is dealt to the Rangers. But, how feasable is it that he is dealth to the highest bidder? Im am sure they are going to try and resign hm, but at the deadline I am guessing they will have a good idea or not if he is going to test the market. He would oviously fetch a pretty hefty return.
My personal opinion is that he's not gonna get traded under any circumstance. I also personally think he's going to July 1 but I think they will keep him around to do all they can to try to get him to re-sign.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Most interesting part about that was when one of the oiler guys says (talking about somebody they presumably want from us):

"is he that good?"

And the other guy goes "yeah, but they won't trade him".

Who could that have been? Kreider?
Last deadline?

Probably McDonough...

Old
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
ThirdEye

I'm so glad we didn't get rid of McDonagh last season. Just a year ago he was in the AHL and hardly anyone talked about him. He was mostly considered depth I believe. Could've easily been a victim of a trade

Old
12-02-2011, 01:02 PM
TreeSapLlama

Since Slats loves the idea of a "fresh start" and WW most likely won't fit in, I am moderately interested in a Dustin Penner - Wojtek Wolski swap. Both players have proven to have ~60 point potential, but both have for whatever reason failed to live up to potential.

While Dustin Penner is a big body who doesn't really use it, he still has more jam then Wooly. If i remember correctly conditioning has always been a big knock against Dustin Penner, and torts would quickly work that out of him.

If it works out great, if not, we still have the lineup we have now (since Wolski isn't even in it).

Closed Thread