HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc called up

Old
12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
zzoo

vCash: 500
Leblanc: "C'est Erik Cole qui m'a demandé si mes parents allaient être là... Il m'a passé sa carte de crédit, et il m'a dit de m'arranger pour qu'ils soient là! Ça vous montre le genre de gars qu'il est. Je ne vais jamais oublier ce soir-là, j'ai adoré mon expérience."

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_section_POS1

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Leblanc: "C'est Erik Cole qui m'a demandé si mes parents allaient être là... Il m'a passé sa carte de crédit, et il m'a dit de m'arranger pour qu'ils soient là! Ça vous montre le genre de gars qu'il est. Je ne vais jamais oublier ce soir-là, j'ai adoré mon expérience."

Louis' first lesson as a pro : "Up the limit on your credit card, kid"

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
Yeah, but, Darche getting PP minutes over Leblanc

Darche has 1 assist this year. With PP time almost every games.

Time to try something else, like, Hal Gill to screen the goalie or something.

P.S. I liked Leblanc, he's fast, he's disciplined (not getting out of position, back checks, etc). I thought he deserved a little bit more ice time. How JM used Eller and him was atrocious last game.
Generally speaking, younger players and those without NHL experience have more difficulty on the powerplay. There really wasn't any reason to play him there even for the one shift where Darche replaced Kostitsyn (which was probably because AK just played a shift).

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I thought he looked pretty good in the little ice time he got. A lot of hustle.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 400
I would have liked to see him play on the PK a little bit...he is a good two way player that anticipates the play very well

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Did Leblanc suck yesterday?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
No he was fine. We have bigger fish to deal with.

Considering most of the game was played on special teams, Leblanc did well.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
le_sean

I thought he was mediocre. But I blame it on being a winger. I always figured he'd have to play RW because of his lack of strength, but his greatest attribute is his constant forechecking and puck presence. He's more valuable as a centre.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
How about: "How good did he play ?"

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

That's just awesome.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
That's just awesome.
Cole for Captain !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
How about: "How good did he play ?"
I asked how much Leblanc managed to suck because the whole team sucked.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

He's gotten more ice time then I thought he would, and had a nice pass to Eller that almost resulted in his first NHL point. Should be very interesting to see how much he can progress in Hamilton once he goes back next week, could be in consideration for a spot next year if he continues to play well for the Dogs.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
I liked his game last night, very quick and reads the play so well. Made a nice pass on his last shift and got into good scoring position a few times. Plenty physical for a skinny kid too. Lone bright spot last night.

definitely loving what I see from him in his first taste of NHL hockey. very smart and intense player, that's the kind of mix that bodes well for a future surefire NHLer... how good will he be? but I think we have a definite top-9 player on our hands.

just keep fingers crossed he doesn't suffer any major injury set backs over the next 18-24 months, crucial time for development in terms of adjusting to the speed/size of pro hockey.

Quote:

1- great on Cole for the gesture, kind of character move that reflects a positive locker room vibe, which is great to hear.

2- story is a bit overblown I think....

Leblanc's a pro hockey player signed to a lucrative ELC. 1.17M$/year for 3 years... how a guy making that much has even a hint of hesitation to dish out 2-3K $ (at MOST) to buy his parents round trip tickets to L.A + a few nights hotel accommodation, is a bit perplexing.

3- a little disappointed in the Habs as an organization imo...

have read about former Flames owner H.Hotchkiss (who passed away last year), apparently is was standard operating procedures under him to fly out parents of players to their first NHL game, wether it was a top prospect or a journeyman AHL getting an emergency call up.
As the 3rd most profitable team in the league, you'd think they would do something like that automatically???

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
llamateizer

I'd like that the habs keeps him in the lineup even after MaxPac returns

MaxPac- Plecanek - Gionta
Cammalleri - DDD - Cole
AK - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - nokelainen - FarDarche

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

1- great on Cole for the gesture, kind of character move that reflects a positive locker room vibe, which is great to hear.

Leblanc's a pro hockey player signed to a lucrative ELC. 1.17M$/year for 3 years... how a guy making that much has even a hint of hesitation to dish out 2-3K $ (at MOST) to buy his parents round trip tickets to L.A + a few nights hotel accommodation, is a bit perplexing.

have read about former Flames owner H.Hotchkiss (who passed away last year), apparently is was standard operating procedures under him to fly out parents of players to their first NHL game, wether it was a top prospect or a journeyman AHL getting an emergency call up.
As the 3rd most profitable team in the league, you'd think they would do something like that automatically???
He makes $67,000 when he is playing in hamilton, given the fact he hasn't been there long probably hasn't made to much of it yet

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I'd like that the habs keeps him in the lineup even after MaxPac returns

MaxPac- Plecanek - Gionta
Cammalleri - DDD - Cole
AK - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - nokelainen - FarDarche
You are missing somebody !!! Take a look again.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamiltonhabfan10 View Post
He makes $67,000 when he is playing in hamilton, given the fact he hasn't been there long probably hasn't made to much of it yet
how does a 19 year old, making 67,000$ a year, (and knowing his next paycheck is going to be 20X bigger than the last one, thanks to the call-up), not be able to afford a 3000$ trip for his parents?

Old
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
how does a 19 year old, making 67,000$ a year, (and knowing his next paycheck is going to be 20X bigger than the last one, thanks to the call-up), not be able to afford a 3000$ trip for his parents?
I also thought he went to a pretty expensive private school and that his parents were pretty rich. Seemed odd to me they couldn't afford it themselves.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I also thought he went to a pretty expensive private school and that his parents were pretty rich. Seemed odd to me they couldn't afford it themselves.
well, that too...

anyways, it's not really a criticism of the kid or anything, just that it struck me how much people were making out of Cole's generosity. Nice gesture to be sure, but when one millionaire lends another millionaire (or millionaire to-be) 3000K, i don't know that there should be such public adulation... but that's might just be my jaded cynicism at work

Old
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
definitely loving what I see from him in his first taste of NHL hockey. very smart and intense player, that's the kind of mix that bodes well for a future surefire NHLer... how good will he be? but I think we have a definite top-9 player on our hands.

just keep fingers crossed he doesn't suffer any major injury set backs over the next 18-24 months, crucial time for development in terms of adjusting to the speed/size of pro hockey.

for #3 NHL teams have a limited budget for thoses kind of activities. I remember that the habs wanted to invite families players to join them for an away game in arizona. They weren't able to do that. They would've been penalised in cap space.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/lea...salary_cap.htm

"Teams cannot circumvent the salary cap by paying players through other means - such as gifts, reimbursements on expenses, personal deals, money redirected through related corporate entities, separate contracts for marketing and promotion, etc."

Leblanc's salary is 900k, he can earn up to 300k in bonuses. He need to reach the conditions to get that extra money

Leblanc get paid for the time he is with the team. If im not wrong he get paid for 20 days (minimum)(regular season is 185 days). which is about 100K for him. Am I wrong?

Old
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
You are missing somebody !!! Take a look again.
Palushaj?

Old
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
I would assume he'd be able to afford it, but nothing wrong with Cole stepping in who makes x4 what Louis would make in the NHL, and like 60x what his AHL salary is, paying for the kids parents flight. I doubt Louis asked anyone to fly his parents over

Old
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Palushaj?
Weber

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
for #3 NHL teams have a limited budget for thoses kind of activities. I remember that the habs wanted to invite families players to join them for an away game in arizona. They weren't able to do that. They would've been penalised in cap space.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/lea...salary_cap.htm

"Teams cannot circumvent the salary cap by paying players through other means - such as gifts, reimbursements on expenses, personal deals, money redirected through related corporate entities, separate contracts for marketing and promotion, etc."

Leblanc's salary is 900k, he can earn up to 300k in bonuses. He need to reach the conditions to get that extra money

Leblanc get paid for the time he is with the team. If im not wrong he get paid for 20 days (minimum)(regular season is 185 days). which is about 100K for him. Am I wrong?
I don't know if you ever saw the Oilers documentary thing on TSN, they had done a "dads trip", how did that work, I've heard of other teams doing it too, unless its maybe in the contracts that the team pays for it once a year?