HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings AHL / Manchester Monarchs 2011-2012 Update Thread

Old
11-20-2011, 11:46 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sBarry View Post
It was so funny seeing Azzy and JJ with the mullets. Cam Paddock looked like he wanted to rock it for a while longer lol.

Also, JayGoKings, I didn't realize Campbell was one of the last cuts. So maybe you're right about him getting the call over Muzzy.
I don't think Campbell was one of the last cuts, I think he hung around until the second round of cuts but not as long as Hickey, Voinov, Loki, King, and Azevedo. I think those were the very last group of cuts with Voinov of course being the last to go. I seem to remember Campbell being in the second smaller group sent to Manchester with Nolan, Cliche, Paddock, Muzzin, and perhaps a couple others, but I could be wrong on that.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I don't think Campbell was one of the last cuts, I think he hung around until the second round of cuts but not as long as Hickey, Voinov, Loki, King, and Azevedo. I think those were the very last group of cuts with Voinov of course being the last to go. I seem to remember Campbell being in the second smaller group sent to Manchester with Nolan, Cliche, Paddock, Muzzin, and perhaps a couple others, but I could be wrong on that.
As much as I used to ***** about Campbell I have to say he has been our best most consistent D-man this year. And he had 2 goals in 2 nights, not sure he has 2 goals in a season before! Muzzin has looked good at times, at other times not so much.

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:28 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
As much as I used to ***** about Campbell I have to say he has been our best most consistent D-man this year. And he had 2 goals in 2 nights, not sure he has 2 goals in a season before! Muzzin has looked good at times, at other times not so much.
Oh how I wish I could go where you have gone regarding Campbell, but I still ***** about him on a regular basis. Unfortunately, once a player makes it to the top of my **** list, they hardly ever move in the other direction.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Can't say I am surprised, but I am definitely a little baffled and miffed over how far Legein has fallen. He had a solid skillset, I had expected him to perform better for the Monarchs than he is actually doing.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Luigi#17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Can't say I am surprised, but I am definitely a little baffled and miffed over how far Legein has fallen. He had a solid skillset, I had expected him to perform better for the Monarchs than he is actually doing.
Have to say I am surprised. Playing here in the WJC 2008 he was all hustle. And his first season with the Phantoms after his return to hockey wasn't bad either.

Luigi#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Manchester is 4-0 since Voynov and Loktionov were recalled.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Exciting game right now. Manch. vs. Bridgeport (AHL affiliate of the Islanders). It's 4-4. Vey with two goals; he now has six. He'll look good on the Kings' third line in a couple years.

edit: Monarchs win it in OT on a goal by David Kolomatis. That's six straight wins for Manch!

Linden Vey gets 2+1=3.

Jordan Nolan leads the team in scoring with 14 points and PIM with 84.

Last edited by TwoForRoughing: 11-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.
TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:29 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Manchester is 4-0 since Voynov and Loktionov were recalled.
I'm happy to hear that but can't quite figure out how?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:57 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I'm happy to hear that but can't quite figure out how?
This gives other guys a chance to step up, and maybe they are taking advantage of it. They know they dont have the two russians anymore, so they have to lead the way themselves.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Johnny Utah

We need this guy on the Kings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=D4qk-kh0Ivs

Nolan smokes a dude 6'8" and then pushes another player on the way to the penalty box. That's moves Hextall and Tocchet did.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
We need this guy on the Kings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=D4qk-kh0Ivs

Nolan smokes a dude 6'8" and then pushes another player on the way to the penalty box. That's moves Hextall and Tocchet did.
He just keeps impressing. Hopefully he makes it next year. In a few years our bottom six could be very good with guys like Clifford, Nolan, and Loki, and some of the other guys comin up.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Johnny Utah

What I like about Nolan is that he is mean....a lot of jam....same with Clifford and somewhat Richards...guys who really don't care for the opposition....Kings haven't had much of that since Sean Avery and McSorley, Grimson before.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Vic Vinegar

Would you say Nolan is projected to be a Shawn Thornton type player? Not an enforcer per se, but will fight and hit, and also score every once in a while?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:59 PM
johnjm22

I've always kept an eye on Nolan, I'm a fan. Did you guys see how he started agitating another opposing player after the fight? Good stuff, that's something the Kings lack.

If he's anything like his dad, he's a keeper.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:06 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Would you say Nolan is projected to be a Shawn Thornton type player? Not an enforcer per se, but will fight and hit, and also score every once in a while?
I think he has the ability to be at most a Scott Hartnell, or Dan Carcillo type. He has more offensive upside than Shawn Thornton I'd say, but maybe not as good a fighter as Thornton.

Old
12-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
If he's anything like his dad, he's a keeper.
You mean if he is is NOT anything like his dad, than he is a keeper.

His dad didnt really have a succesfull NHL career.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:38 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
You mean if he is is NOT anything like his dad, than he is a keeper.

His dad didnt really have a succesfull NHL career.
I just meant in terms of drive and personality. We need someone like him. The personality of our team is plain vanilla.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Dude Jordan Nolan is killing right now.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I just meant in terms of drive and personality.
Of course.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Of course.
Oh...could you imagine a 3rd or 4th line of Clifford - Fraser - Nolan

How painful for our opponents....particularly if Clifford can start finding the net on a regular basis.

That's a brute force 4th line with a scoring touch also.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Johnny Utah

He scored 23 goals in his last season in the OHL in limited games, 49 games...but he was an over-ager.

Shawn Thornton put up 19 goals in 61 games in the OHL in the late 90's...Probably a little easier to score back then. So he has some skill. Clifford had 28 goals in 58 games in his last season in Barrie.

I would say Nolan has Clifford, Simmonds type potential but he could end up being a better fighter than both...He might not be right now but at his size, 6'-3" 227lbs, he has the potential.

Old
12-04-2011, 02:28 PM
sBarry

I loved the Nolan-Doherty scrap, Jordy lit him up, then totally punked Gogol on the way to the box. Nolan is an entertaining player that like you guys said, plays with a lot of jam. He also PK's very well, and I've honestly yet to see him lose a fight when he gets a hand free. He just starts wailing away with either hand.

I'd also like to see King scrap a little more, he can handle himself pretty well.

I'm at work right now watching both teams warm up. The Narchs vs Sharks games have been battles this year, here's hoping for another.

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sBarry View Post
I loved the Nolan-Doherty scrap, Jordy lit him up, then totally punked Gogol on the way to the box. Nolan is an entertaining player that like you guys said, plays with a lot of jam. He also PK's very well, and I've honestly yet to see him lose a fight when he gets a hand free. He just starts wailing away with either hand.

I'd also like to see King scrap a little more, he can handle himself pretty well.

I'm at work right now watching both teams warm up. The Narchs vs Sharks games have been battles this year, here's hoping for another.
Thoroughly enjoy watching Nolan play, he's such an improved player in every way since last season, pleasant surprise. Even with Lokti and Voynov in LA and Muzzin out of the line up (think today's game was the 3rd game in a row he's missed), the team is finding a way to win. This afternoon was the second game in a row the Monarchs won in a shoot out, I believe that's 8 wins out of the last 9 games.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Thoroughly enjoy watching Nolan play, he's such an improved player in every way since last season, pleasant surprise. Even with Lokti and Voynov in LA and Muzzin out of the line up (think today's game was the 3rd game in a row he's missed), the team is finding a way to win. This afternoon was the second game in a row the Monarchs won in a shoot out, I believe that's 8 wins out of the last 9 games.
The Sharks do not like Nolan lol

Today's game was awesome though, it's not always pretty but they are finding a way to win. They missed/whiffed a lot of shots with wide open nets today though, so frustrating.

Also, I couldn't believe Azzy dropped the gloves lol The Monarchs bench erupted for him. Gotta love the little guy, all the heart in the world and never takes a shift off. Despite his physical shortcomings, he's IMO a very savvy player.

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:04 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

So a question for the people that watch Monarchs,how has Hickey looked thus far? I listen to the occasional game on the radio when I can but I rarely hear his name and I see he isn't really lighting it on fire on the offensive side of things. But then I got to +/- and started comparing D-men Hickey would appear to be at least solid on the defensive side of things it would seem... His +9 with only 4 points would seem to be about as impressive as Campbell's 8 points is. Outside of of Campbell and Hickey all the other active d-men seem to be either negatives or on the lower positives with alot of points. So jsut curious as to what people that can watch players away from the play think?