HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spector's hockey rumour

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 05:09 AM
Dutchy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Spector's hockey rumour

Now before I get flamed for bringing up a rumor from Spector's hockey, I'd just like to point out that I'm only making myself the messenger. I don't have any opinion on the matter, I just thought it could bring up some interesting debate or at the very least it would keep you guys updated on Habs news. With that said here it is:

CANADIENS TO CONSIDER MAKING MOVES?

ESPN.COM: E.J. Hradek reports Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey and his top scout Pierre Gauthier were checking out the recent Anaheim Mighty Ducks-NY Rangers game, leading to speculation Gainey may consider making "a minor move" to shake up his roster if they continue to struggle as they have over their last three games.

Spector's Note: My thanks to Dave Caldwell. It's believed some veteran Habs are skating on thin ice with Gainey, and there've been rumours he's in the market for a blueliner. Gauthier used to be the Ducks GM so he knows the Anaheim players well, and it's believed the Ducks want to move a defenceman, possibly Vitaly Vishnevski or Todd Simpson, whom Hradek considers the prime candidates to be dealt.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:19 AM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
We're looking for forwards, no?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:25 AM
Highlander

Humm... Ana is struggling, and Gainey may want to shake up our line up after the past few games. While I don't normally go with what Spector says, this does seem plausible. Trade a brewing????

Old
10-30-2003, 06:37 AM
august

I would take Vitaly Vishnevski anytime to replace Stephane Quintal or Craig Rivet.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:44 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by august
I would take Vitaly Vishnevski anytime to replace Stephane Quintal or Craig Rivet.
you'r 100% right

but Vishnevsky is a Left Defencemen so he will probalby take Hainsay/Bouillon place in the lineup

But we don't need D we need Forward

Old
10-30-2003, 06:44 AM
komisakick ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by august
Me, I would try Komisarek before made a trade

Old
10-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Joe Cole

blueliner....and we haven't had a Habs forward score in three games....

oh well, none of those trades would make me happy.

What are the needs....front line scoring.....no?

Toughness has been addressed. Begin (love that Spezza hit) and Langdon. Young guys are ready to eclipse the veterns on the third line (Juneau/Dackell- Ryder/Ward). Defense is doing ok with Souray (although he sucked in the last two games). We have good prospects in this area, so a long term signing here is counter productive.

What we can't do is score consistantly. We have had two decent scoring games, but nothing to make anyone shiver.....

I believe that we have to address scoring above all.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:11 AM
doc lafleur

Anson Carter and a pick for Sunny and Rivet ?

Old
10-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur
done. 5th round pick.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:34 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur
Can't see the rags being interested in that deal.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:42 AM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
blueliner....and we haven't had a Habs forward score in three games....
Quick note, but if i recall, the habs blueliners were involved in about 70-80% of the goals we've scored so far... offense starting from defense seems to be the concept we're going for. I think we're going to sit on the forwards playing on our 'scoring' lines.

Someone said that we'd see if the Habs were for real after playing boston and philly... obviously we haven't been equal to the task. Vishnevski could be really good for us.

HOWEVER!

If we're in the market for a d-man, we might get in touch with Colorado... the noise from that board is that Skoula has worn out his welcome and is considered poorly by that team. If his trade value drops enough, we could pick him up. At 6'3 220, he's got size we've been missing and he's a young guy with HUGE upside... another young gun in th estable couldn't hurt...

heck, if they'd deal johansson and bataglia for konowalchuk, maaybe we could convince Lacroix that Quintal or Brisbois would be ideal!!

Old
10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Id be really happy if Gainey got us Vishnevsky (sp?). He was their 5th overall a few years back. He's both young and good; I like him. We could use a D shakeup. AS messed around a lot with our foreward but never touched our D (Komi, Quintal dont really count).

Old
10-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
montreal/anahiem rumor

I read on our board that montreal may be trading for Vishnevski. It was even reported on espn.com that gauthier was at the ducks/rangers game. Have you guys heard such rumours??? Who would you trade for vish.??? I was thinking maybe just prospects/picks in return. what do you think?

Old
10-30-2003, 02:45 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshibley
I was thinking maybe just prospects/picks in return. what do you think?
Where do I sign?

Old
10-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Jshibley

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Where do I sign?

Kastsitsyn???

Old
10-30-2003, 05:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Kastsitsyn???

:moon:

Old
10-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Artyukhin*

guys

boullioun being played is just bob gainey show casing him ...franky is heading to duck land if we make the trade with the ducks...remember we got dykhuis in hammy too..could dykhuis be playin on another nhl club? i think he's better than an ahl defense man on some nhl clubs...milan kraft to the habs? hmmm if i was patrick i keep him ...he not worth nothin other than a pick his value is real low right now...

if the rumour is simpson to the habs why didn't we scoop him AT the waiver draft?

Old
10-31-2003, 08:06 AM
Jshibley

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
:moon:
hahaha i know it was a joke.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:12 AM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
boullioun being played is just bob gainey show casing him ...franky is heading to duck land if we make the trade with the ducks...remember we got dykhuis in hammy too..could dykhuis be playin on another nhl club? i think he's better than an ahl defense man on some nhl clubs...milan kraft to the habs? hmmm if i was patrick i keep him ...he not worth nothin other than a pick his value is real low right now...

if the rumour is simpson to the habs why didn't we scoop him AT the waiver draft?
Teams don't always grab someone on waivers if they don't want to pay his full salary. If Simpson, for example, was wanted by the Habs they could offer a pick or player and negotiate to have the Ducks pick up part of his salary. If they claim him at the waiver draft they have to pay his full salary.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:19 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieHabber
Teams don't always grab someone on waivers if they don't want to pay his full salary. If Simpson, for example, was wanted by the Habs they could offer a pick or player and negotiate to have the Ducks pick up part of his salary. If they claim him at the waiver draft they have to pay his full salary.
add to that, Simpson was gone before Montreal selected Langdon and Begin in the waiver draft....at least thats what I think

Old
11-01-2003, 02:45 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
It doesn't seem to make sense that Montreal would trade for a defenseman. They have a strong group of defenders as is, not to mention an overloaded one. Maybe if they were trading a defenseman......

Old
11-02-2003, 07:29 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Kastsitsyn???
..Well in that case I'll put the pen back in my pocket and politely walk away.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
..Well in that case I'll put the pen back in my pocket and politely walk away.

Off subject but Fleury's yellow pads are so ugly! He looks like a mustard container!

Old
11-02-2003, 11:00 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
:

We do not need fowards! Hey wake up guys if Bob Gainey trade a vet foward for another vet-foward that is suppose to be "better", in 2 years we won't be able to make room for one of Perezhogin, Higgins or Plekanec! Before thinking about a trade, we have to consider that we will have AGAIN a jam in our roster.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:09 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
Off subject but Fleury's yellow pads are so ugly! He looks like a mustard container!
I disagree. His pads look great with the black jersey of the Pens. Playing for Cape Breton with the yellow in their equipment, I think Fleury was destined to wear the black, yellow and white in Pittsburgh. Coincidence?

Closed Thread