HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 22 @ Carolina Hurricanes

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Marian Gaborik 131 93.57%
Carl Hagelin 46 32.86%
Brad Richards 18 12.86%
Artem Anisimov 22 15.71%
Ryan McDonagh 47 33.57%
Michael Del Zotto 33 23.57%
Brian Boyle 1 0.71%
Marty Biron 2 1.43%
Sean Avery 39 27.86%
Danny Girardi 17 12.14%
Michael Sauer 35 25.00%
Brandon Prust 3 2.14%
Brandon Dubinsky 9 6.43%
Derek Stepan 6 4.29%
Other 18 12.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-02-2011, 06:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Dubinsky is not going to produce offensively playing with Prust and Avery. He doesn't play on the first PP unit with Richards-Gaborik-Callahan-Stepan. Dubinsky still helps the team in other areas. PK. Good defensively. Torts found 4 lines which are working after the 2 game losing streak. It won't take much for Torts to change things up if the Rangers have a bad period or fail to produce offense. Its a long season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:02 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I am very happy with the way the team has been playing lately.

However, being a typical Ranger fans we always have to find something negative to ***** about. For me, Brandon Dubinsky is on a very short rope. I'm sorry maybe I'm being too demanding but there is no reason Dubinsky should be playing so bad we're regulated to paying a 4th line 4 mill. This is starting to get absolutely ridiculous. Sure he's doing other things well, but he's also paid to put up points. He's already been downgraded all the way down to the 4th line, if he keeps it up he may play his way into a trade.

It wouldn't hurt me anymore if we dealt Dubinsky for a bigger package. We have three really good lines going in the Stepan, Richards, and Boyle lines.

Dubinsky needs to step it up or he may find that he will be shipped out. Even if it's not this year it could be sometime in the near future.

And people were complaining about Boyles salary vs goal production.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:48 AM
silverfish
Player Usage

That Avery situation is very interesting, I'm surprised I didn't notice that during the game. I do remember spots of last season where you could see Avery on the bench yelling at the rest of the team to get their game going when he knew they weren't playing their best hockey.

The only reason I think he could have actually been going after MDZ was the fact that Dubinsky came right over to Avery and said something before the next shift.

I don't think it's something to monitor, maybe Avery was just giving him **** for having more goals than him now?

EDIT - Maybe not...it does look like Sauer comes away laughing?

Hopefully this game was being shot for 24/7

Last edited by silverfish: 12-02-2011 at 08:56 AM.
silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:05 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Lol yesss Avery hates everybodyyyyyyy. His teammates hateeeeeee him. Season overrrrrrrrrrr.

Did you guys know he only scored three goals last year? I heard he sucks.

How many does he have this year? I haven't been paying attention.
Are you really trying to derail this? Certainly you're intelligent enough to realize that Avery has earned back his ice time.

3 goals all season vs 3 in 11 games...yea I think that people had a leg to stand on being skeptical of Avery as a player coming into this season. But people who swore he'd turn it around were right here's your cookie and your pat on the head.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Unpredictable1

What I got out of the clip, and I'm not going to put much more thought into it, is you can see that right before Avery started talking MDZ and Steps are looking over their shoulder for a split second as that scene begins and seemingly look back to the group as Avery is jarrin. As if the person (canes player) was skating away.

Dubi can be saying no more than "let's keep the pedal down" or something to that effect.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:07 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Let's hire Kramer, Newman, and the guys that did JFK to look at this video. i think we really have something important.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
It was brought up in the GDT, but nobody seemed to notice........but after avery scored his goal, MDZ, skated into celebrate and Avery's attitude went from joy of scoring to yapping at MDZ with a snarl on his face. Emmediately after that, Dubinsky skates past avery and say somthing just to avery before the faceoff........neither dubi or avery looked happy as they exchanged words..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Nah I watched the Avery goal again. It looks like he's yelling past Del Zotto, not at him. Probably yapping at one of the Canes, as he always is.
This was my impression too.

Can't believe chip is incapable of differentiating curiosity with conspiracy theory

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Is it just me, or do Fedotenko and Mitchell seem to really do A LOT of work for their lines. They are pretty much the exact same player. Hard to knock off the puck. Good defensively. Strong.
In Russia there is a notion called "carrying grand piano" used for this type of players who do the dirty work. This is the same role that Anisimov plays on his line.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Again, that was 100% directed at DZ, you can see Sauer looking at Avery dumbfounded at one point.

Im guessing..

MDZ: Did he really score? while talking to Stepan..and Avery over hears it...

Avery: That's my f'en job.

He was trolling the Canes. Why would he be angry for his teammate for scoring a goal?

Is it because he is a bad teammate? I doubt it, they all get along at Warren 77. But, anyone is entitled to their own opinions on things.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:49 AM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

After the performance last night, it's hard to just pick 3 stars. Great all-around effort, one of the best of the season.

Something I noticed yesterday, was that even more players are blocking shots. I think Torts hit the nail on the head with his post-game interview. When you have a captain like Cally who is constantly sacrificing his body and blocking shots, the rest of the players buy into the system.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

you realize mdz and avery are friends right?

you also realize avery is like best friends with the best players on this team richards hank gaborik?

stop it

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Scary moment, Mitchell is tough and he's not going anywhere, that line has scored in 4 straight games, DelZotto, Girardi, McDonough, Calli, Richards, Gabby all stood out last night. Being picky, my only small gripe was if Hank played we would have won 5-1, I think Biron could have stopped 2 of the shots

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:26 AM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post

Can't believe chip is incapable of differentiating curiosity with conspiracy theory

Exactly.......most people understood what i was getting at.......some did not.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

I liked how during the game Joe Micheletti was quoting someone in the Rangers front office calling Torts a "situational coach". I mean poster here and Rangers fans in general have different views on his coaching style but I like it - he does not mess with what's working and there is a clear structure (at least to me) to his madness. I hope people can reflect back to two three years ago when his "safe is death" system was not working. In the way the Rangers play their system this season - it's clear to see what he meant back then even if Torts is no longer using this terminology.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
you realize mdz and avery are friends right?

you also realize avery is like best friends with the best players on this team richards hank gaborik?

stop it
Guys it's Avery. SOP.

Avery and Jagr got along well as far as I know, but that did not keep Sean from critiquing Jags game to his face. Jagr made jokes about it.

He is a complex, intense and (here's what I like) very motivated Ranger right now. Notice how he was on the ice those last few minutes. Torts will not let the bad from the past be the enemy of the good that is now. As a team mate he's gonna keep you on your toes. The Rangers are entering a place where that intensity could be of real benefit.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
After the performance last night, it's hard to just pick 3 stars. Great all-around effort, one of the best of the season.

Something I noticed yesterday, was that even more players are blocking shots. I think Torts hit the nail on the head with his post-game interview. When you have a captain like Cally who is constantly sacrificing his body and blocking shots, the rest of the players buy into the system.
14 players with points. Amazing.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
I liked how during the game Joe Micheletti was quoting someone in the Rangers front office calling Torts a "situational coach". I mean poster here and Rangers fans in general have different views on his coaching style but I like it - he does not mess with what's working and there is a clear structure (at least to me) to his madness. I hope people can reflect back to two three years ago when his "safe is death" system was not working. In the way the Rangers play their system this season - it's clear to see what he meant back then even if Torts is no longer using this terminology.
What gets lost in all the complaining about Torts' line shuffling is the fact that his conditioning philosophy has probably given us one of the best conditioned/skating teams we've fielded since the lockout, and we can clearly see that paying dividends out on the ice, particularly late in games when the other teams appear to wear down.... These players know how to train in the off-season now... The core guys who have been under Torts for 2 1/2 seasons now are going to be in some of the best shape of their careers and the younger players are going to catch on very quickly once they go through their first camp and buy into the philosophy that all the other players are embracing.

A few years out when you have players like Kreider/Erixon/Fasth hopefully being added to the mix, the Rangers are going to be a very difficult team to skate with, even more so than they might be now.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Guys it's Avery. SOP.

Avery and Jagr got along well as far as I know, but that did not keep Sean from critiquing Jags game to his face. Jagr made jokes about it.

He is a complex, intense and (here's what I like) very motivated Ranger right now. Notice how he was on the ice those last few minutes. Torts will not let the bad from the past be the enemy of the good that is now. As a team mate he's gonna keep you on your toes. The Rangers are entering a place where that intensity could be of real benefit.
Contract year with the only team who will give him a chance. Of course he's very motivated, his career is riding on this season .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Pizza

Whatever works.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
pld459666

We talk about players being held accountable, one of the things I like best about Avery is that he's not one of those guys that allows a friend to halfass it. Does he need to be checked by the coach or a teammate from time to time, yes, but Avery has no issues calling a teammate/friend out if they are noty doing things the way they should be done.

In this particular situation, I do not think that what Avery said to MDZ was mean to be directed at MDZ. I think he mentioned that it was his effing job in a jestful manner while holding the ever present scowl on his face.

While the rest of the team knew he was joking, Dubinsky who is another outspoken guy skated by with an intense look himself to remind Avery to keep his head in the game.

All we have heard from day one, from everyone that is asked, is that the closeness of the room is odd in that most locker's have some players that do not get along. There's not one player/coach/reporter that has ever said or reported anything even remotely different.

I doubt there's anythign to this other that Avery saying something toungue in cheek while maintaining his normal scowl.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post

chip cant believe you took ruckus' post literally.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Just saw the Avery video.

It's to Del Zotto. No Doubt... not past him. Right before the clip cuts out you can see MDZ starting to say something back. Probably nothing big... because Sauer is seen smiling as he's skating behind Avery. Although it did drastically change his elation to slight incense...

That being said it does not look like him and Dubi have good chemistry at all. As seen by Dubi saying something to him afterwards and Avery not really giving 2 ***** about what he's saying.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:18 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I also clearly stated in my Dubinsky post that I think he was playing well in other areas in the game. So for me to want to state an opinion and quickly calling it trolling or excrement not only is blatantly uncalled for but adds nothing to the discussion.

The purpose of my Dubinsky post was to say that we aren't paying him 4 million to be a defensive forward. While he is excelling in his forecheck and defensive game he is being payed to put up points. Why is he on the 4th line? Because he's been silent offensively all year.

Is a trade of Dubinsky imminent? Of course not. But if he goes a while longer like this without putting up numbers it would be nice to at least try to dangle him to see if there are any takers.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Just saw the Avery video.

It's to Del Zotto. No Doubt... not past him. Right before the clip cuts out you can see MDZ starting to say something back. Probably nothing big... because Sauer is seen smiling as he's skating behind Avery. Although it did drastically change his elation to slight incense...

That being said it does not look like him and Dubi have good chemistry at all. As seen by Dubi saying something to him afterwards and Avery not really giving 2 ***** about what he's saying.
perhaps dubi is jealous that avery has more goals than him? kidding, but scary fact.

everyone really needs to chill with this thing. there is no issue here.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
perhaps dubi is jealous that avery has more goals than him? kidding, but scary fact.

everyone really needs to chill with this thing. there is no issue here.
it's not there is no issue here. there clearly is an issue here...

sure players don't get along, but when sean avery has a direct impact on our success and he starts being scratched or is sent down back to hartford for no apparent reason, and we're all scratching our heads to why... this could be an indicator.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote