HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Stepan Not Present at NYR Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
  #1
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,885
vCash: 50
Stepan Not Present at NYR Practice

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2011/...ngers-practice

Here is the link.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:43 PM
  #2
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,607
vCash: 50
Maybe a maintenance day like Cally and Richards got on Wednesday? Early to assume an injury.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
  #3
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,885
vCash: 50
Certainly can't assume, Anisimov missed practice after taking a shot last year and turned out to be nothing. I'll change the header.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
  #4
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,334
vCash: 500
i'm sure its a maintenance day, why not give it to him?
He came back and played

So did Rupp skate in an actual practice?

EC is a goner soon if so

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
  #5
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,633
vCash: 500
Maybe they're having him checked out just to make sure nothing serious is wrong.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
  #6
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
i'm sure its a maintenance day, why not give it to him?
He came back and played
Yup, with us playing tomorrow night, I could see them giving him day off if he's sporting a nice bruise from that wrist shot.


Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-02-2011 at 01:15 PM.
wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
  #7
TreeSapLlama
Registered User
 
TreeSapLlama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Worst case scenario I imagine would be a fracture similar to what Dubi had last year. The fact that he played the next shift means it can't be TOO serious. Hopefully just a maintenance day.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
  #8
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Yup, wish us playing tomorrow night, I could see them giving him day off if he's sporting a nice bruise from that wrist shot.
Even if Stepan got hurt from the shot, id rather have an injured Stepan play than a healthy Christensen...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
  #9
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
Worst case scenario I imagine would be a fracture similar to what Dubi had last year. The fact that he played the next shift means it can't be TOO serious. Hopefully just a maintenance day.
That's what we said about Frolov too.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  #10
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan trade ?


Sorry just HAD to do it.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:03 PM
  #11
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Hopefully just icing down that shot blocking ankle of his.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
  #12
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 18,726
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Didn't Cally play the next shift with a broken leg in that Bruins game last year?

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
  #13
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
I thought it looked like he got hit in the meaty part of the calf as opposed to the shin (maybe I was just hoping?), but that scared the hell out of me. Don;t want to lose this kid for any stretch.

__________________
WIN NOW
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
  #14
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Losing Derek Stepan might be equivalent to last years lose of Callahan.

Stepan has meant THAT MUCH to this team this year.

I have become a BIG collector of Stepan's hockey cards/game used stuff

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:20 PM
  #15
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 500
Hope he plays tomorrow. Would suck to not see him in one of the few games I'll be able to attend this year (new Floridian).

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
  #16
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
They said on MSG at the end of the game yesterday that it was expected that Stepan would not have to practice today after that blocked shot yesterday.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:25 PM
  #17
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 50
Probably just a sore foot from the shot he blocked yesterday.

EuroFlair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:28 PM
  #18
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,914
vCash: 50
@AGrossRecordAndrew Gross


Derek Stepan said X-rays on his left ankle were negative. It's a little swollen today, wanted to rest it.

and


@AGrossRecordAndrew Gross


More Stepan: Wants to skate tomorrow morning to see how ankle feels, believes he'll be able to play.

Edit: Also, Gross reports Mitchell saying he will probably start wearing a visor after what happend last night. Will probably start wearing visor at game tomorrow. Thought I'd include that since i know SupersonicMonkey will be thrilled by the news haha

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
  #19
cmdevisser
Registered User
 
cmdevisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chesapeake, Va
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
this is why I would like the rangers to stop blocking so many shots. They don't need to do this to win anymore and eventually it's going to hurt the team more than it helps because the team will be out of gas and injury plagued by the playoffs

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
  #20
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,572
vCash: 500
Yeah, I don't really look too positively into players playing with injuries now- Terrell Thomas walked off the field just fine with an injury that ended his season with the Giants, Cally played a shift with a broken leg, etc.

But I assume it just bruised up bad and he's gonna ice it.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:38 PM
  #21
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
@AGrossRecordAndrew Gross


Derek Stepan said X-rays on his left ankle were negative. It's a little swollen today, wanted to rest it.

and


@AGrossRecordAndrew Gross


More Stepan: Wants to skate tomorrow morning to see how ankle feels, believes he'll be able to play.

Edit: Also, Gross reports Mitchell saying he will probably start wearing a visor after what happend last night. Will probably start wearing visor at game tomorrow. Thought I'd include that since i know SupersonicMonkey will be thrilled by the news haha
Lol, yes.

About time a player learned.

It does make me happy. Prevent needless injuries.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
  #22
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin
 
Thordic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kearny, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
this is why I would like the rangers to stop blocking so many shots. They don't need to do this to win anymore and eventually it's going to hurt the team more than it helps because the team will be out of gas and injury plagued by the playoffs
We're like 10th in the league in blocked shots. It's part of the game now, like it or not.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
  #23
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Bobby Ryan trade ?


Sorry just HAD to do it.
this shows up on Eklund's site as an E3 in 5...4...3...2.....

at least this time we'll know the un-named source!

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
  #24
pjdude
Registered User
 
pjdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ 2 AZ now Fla
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
this is why I would like the rangers to stop blocking so many shots. They don't need to do this to win anymore and eventually it's going to hurt the team more than it helps because the team will be out of gas and injury plagued by the playoffs
I disagree, one of the reasons they have been winning is because of blocking shots. If you look at the teams that have been deep in the playoffs, they all block a ton of shots all year long.

pjdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.