HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
12-01-2011, 08:17 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
2 block walk and it is 4 bucks in the library garage

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Adz

You can also park in the Beep lot at LP Field for free most days and either ride a shuttle ($3 round trip each) or walk across the pedestrian bridge. It's doable for many people, but not me. ;-)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:49 AM
dahlenrules

Hey Preds fans, not sure if this has been asked yet; Where are the best garages security wise that are close to the arena.

I am making my way from Virginia to Missouri this weekend, and because I make the trip quite often I have been to several Blues games over the last couple of years. With that said one of my goals in life is to attend a game at every NHL arena, and Nashville is somewhat on the way.

The main problem with that is I like to overpack, and will have a lot of military gear that I can't really lose, so that would be the main reason I wouldn't change my normal route. I used to have a big truck so it wasn't as big of a problem, but now I have a tiny car and I guess I am just sort of paranoid.

This got long kinda fast(twss), but I am also looking for just one ticket, so what are the best options for me? I checked stubhub and there are some decent prices, but would it be pretty easy for me to get a ticket on gameday, either through one of the sites mentioned elsewhere in this thread, or from a scalper, etc. Thanks!

Last edited by dahlenrules: 12-02-2011 at 03:47 PM.
dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Adz

The Pinnacle Garage is very secure. It's a couple of blocks from the arena, very easy walk by the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. It's on 3rd Avenue/ Arena's on 5th. Only problem is that when both the Preds are playing and the Symphony is playing, only parking pass holders can park there.

I would imagine that the Hilton garage across the street is secure, as well.

You can probably get some good deals, particularly if you're a student or military. Never actually bought from a scalper but you can probably do fine with them. Weekends are a bit tougher I guess, but I've never NOT seen scalpers outside.

Old
12-02-2011, 09:14 PM
dahlenrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
The Pinnacle Garage is very secure. It's a couple of blocks from the arena, very easy walk by the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. It's on 3rd Avenue/ Arena's on 5th. Only problem is that when both the Preds are playing and the Symphony is playing, only parking pass holders can park there.

I would imagine that the Hilton garage across the street is secure, as well.

You can probably get some good deals, particularly if you're a student or military. Never actually bought from a scalper but you can probably do fine with them. Weekends are a bit tougher I guess, but I've never NOT seen scalpers outside.
Thanks for the reply! One last question: how late are the parking garages usually open after the game. In DC they usually close 1-2 hours after the game. Also are tickets usually available at the box office day of the game, and if not are scalpers usually close to facevalue?

Last edited by dahlenrules: 12-02-2011 at 11:06 PM.
dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Adz

Sorry, wasn't near the computer and didn't see your post.

The garages/lots are usually open around 2 hours after the game, sometimes later.

I think the box office typically has some available--if demand is there I've known of corporate seats to be placed into the pool. Never dealt with a scalper so I have no idea on that.

Hope you had/have a good time!

Old
12-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Coming down for the Canucks game on Feb 21....I noticed The Band Perry is playing at the Ryman the night before, although it's already sold out.
Do you think I'd get a better deal on one single ticket buying it in advance off stubhub now or waiting until the last minute from a scalper (does the Ryman have scalpers? Yes?). Not sure how many other tourists might have the same idea, although the ones on stubhub/ ebay right now look a little pricey.

Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Adz

Sorry, I really don't know about the scalping situation at the Ryman. The times I've been there for concerts I didn't notice any but I wasn't looking for them, you know?

What you need to know is that the Ryman is pretty small. It only seats right at 1300 total, so if the concert is "sold out", there may be a deal out there but if it's important that you see the concert you should probably get the tickets in advance.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Hmm, thanks, that is smaller than I though it was.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Hmm, thanks, that is smaller than I though it was.
Yeah. The Ryman used to be a church, and was converted into an intimate concert venue. It's small, but one of the best places to see a concert in the world (depending on who you are seeing. It probably wouldn't be the best place to see a metal band )

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Adz

You're lucky you're seeing a concert in the winter. We went to see Kings of Leon and Secret Machines one August and it was just miserable. I guess there is no air conditioning--it was definitely hot and stuffy. Kind of funny because KOL is from here and all their grandmothers and great aunts and what have you were sitting in the front to see them. They were all dressed up in their lavender and aqua dresses and had their little paper fans--it was just like being in church back in the 60's.

Old
12-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Yeah I was in Nashville in late July (or thereabouts?) and it was pretty damn hot everywhere, at least for a Canadian like me. I think I would have cried if my hotel didn't have AC. I have a strong suspicion I'm going to enjoy Nashville in February even more than I did in the summertime

Old
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
chrisoc24
Rookie User

Visiting fan questions

Coming from St. Louis for Saturday's game.

Can someone please recommend some near-arena late night dinner/drinks/hangout spots?

Also hitting the Vandy game in the afternoon. Would like to stay in that general area.

Thanks.

chrisoc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Everything you need to know:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=811313

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
chrisoc24
Rookie User

looking for food/bar help mostly.

Rippy's? Demo's?

chrisoc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Seriously, everything you can possibly need to eat or drink is right outside the arena. The arena is in the prime spot of action downtown. You can walk anywhere. Have fun.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
The link above has most the info.

But imo, I like Broadway Brewhouse the best. Right on Broadway, down by 3rd or 4th, two blocks from Bridgestone.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:21 AM
diehardbluesfan

Leaving in the AM for the Blues game Saturday. What bars downtown have the best/cheap prices on beers? A couple college kids trying to have a good time without breaking the bank.

Thanks!

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:54 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Leaving in the AM for the Blues game Saturday. What bars downtown have the best/cheap prices on beers? A couple college kids trying to have a good time without breaking the bank.

Thanks!
can't speak for other bars, but usually Broadway Brewhouse (MOJOs) has some decent Happy Hour drink specials.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLfan View Post
I was in Nashville from nov 16 to nov 20 for the games vs Toronto and Columbus. I stayed in the Best Western Downtown Convention Center. It is in fact a motel. Pretty expensive, paid $473 incl tax for 4 nights. But it was the cheapest option in downtown Nashville. And not far from the Bridgestone Arena.
We stayed there as well, although our room was $98/night for four nights. I booked through Travelocity and selected Top Secret Hotels. (just a hint for next time!)

Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:42 AM
RayP

Hey guys, need some hotel help. Just looking for something cheap, and within a quick cab ride to the Broadway and arena area. Stayed at the Millenium Maxwell House last year, which was fine for like $75 + a taxes and fees. They had a shuttle which we caught, and a cab back was only $5 + tip. Looking for soemthing similar to that. Checked their site out this time, but they're about $130/nt for the weekend we're coming up (January 21st for Hawks game). Anyone know of any similar hotels like this that we could possibly shuttle into the arena area, and cab it back to the hotel later after the game and barhopping? Not looking for like a 4 star hotel at a 2 star price. Just looking for something with clean sheets that it's in a safe area.

Thanks!

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Adz

Try around the airport area (Donelson Pike, Royal Parkway, Elm Hill Pike and Briley Pkwy at I-40). I have heard great things about the Hotel Preston, but I have been unable to find prices on their site. I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inn (airport) http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e....htm?view=LIST It only has 3 stars, but I thought it was fine. They had a great breakfast and it was clean, but this was 5 years ago. It's not far from there to the arena--5-10 minutes. Don't know whether they have any sort of shuttle service, but you could ask. Alexis Inns and Suites lists rooms for $56. It's on Elm Hill Pike and would probably be fine. Really, anything in that area will probably make it pay to stay there and just get a cab.

Old
12-27-2011, 07:04 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Try around the airport area (Donelson Pike, Royal Parkway, Elm Hill Pike and Briley Pkwy at I-40). I have heard great things about the Hotel Preston, but I have been unable to find prices on their site. I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inn (airport) http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e....htm?view=LIST It only has 3 stars, but I thought it was fine. They had a great breakfast and it was clean, but this was 5 years ago. It's not far from there to the arena--5-10 minutes. Don't know whether they have any sort of shuttle service, but you could ask. Alexis Inns and Suites lists rooms for $56. It's on Elm Hill Pike and would probably be fine. Really, anything in that area will probably make it pay to stay there and just get a cab.
Sweet, thanks for the response. Checked out the Alexis one, and might be exactly what we're looking for. Just somewhere to crash. No need for anything fancy, as I don't really plan on spending anytime at all in the room other than when I'm sleeping.

And just to confirm, no issues with this area? I've heard Nashville has some real nasty parts, but not sure how nasty they really are or how carefule we'll have to be. Plus it's not like we'll be roaming those streets or anything or looking for trouble. I don't care if someone tries to break into my car or anything, I have insurance to cover that... I just want to make sure I don't have to worry about getting stabbed or someone breaking into my room haha.

Hard to beat splitting up $150 4 ways for two nights haah.

Old
12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
RayP

Well looks like we have the hotel part settled, and thanks for that help.

How about some help with tickets? 7 of us going, realizing we'll likely have to buy 8 to all sit together which is fine. We're just looking for some cheap tix so wondering the best way to go about that for your arena...? We'd love the all you can drink tix or the man package I saw that comes with 2 beers for like 40 bucks, but saw those were sold out through the site. There anywhere else I can get those if we decided to go that route?

Old
12-29-2011, 02:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Well looks like we have the hotel part settled, and thanks for that help.

How about some help with tickets? 7 of us going, realizing we'll likely have to buy 8 to all sit together which is fine. We're just looking for some cheap tix so wondering the best way to go about that for your arena...? We'd love the all you can drink tix or the man package I saw that comes with 2 beers for like 40 bucks, but saw those were sold out through the site. There anywhere else I can get those if we decided to go that route?
Well we have now sold out 5 straight games and if last years any indication, after football season is over we sell out frequently. All weekend games will likely sell out. I would buy in advance, especially with that many of you all going. Ticketmaster, stubhub, are your best bet. No gaurentee's with a scalper. You might be able to buy at the box office the morning of the game. At 10am, they sell like 100 tickets for $10 a piece. Usually sold out very quick and there's a good line to wait. I don't think your seats would be together though, I believe they are single seats. Good luck.

Also, usually saturday nights are McDonald's family 4 pack nights. 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 sodas for $99.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote