HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Bucky: Miller for Ryan has been discussed. Maybe. "Connecting the dots."

Old
12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Sound_n_Fury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I miss Jim Kelley. Hell, I miss Tim Graham.
Truth.

Bucky's lack of contacts is galling in a hockey environment that should give him a leg up on 75% of the writers in other NHL cities. It's something Kelley cultivated and nurtured into a HOF carreer, yet the Mouseketeer fails (fail being the operative word here) to do after all this time.

I do suppose it's easier to be a snarky blogger than a true working journalist (if anything, Bucky's mentor/role model seems to be Jerry Sullivan, who holds the patent on that approach to being a columnist).

But it also smacks a bit of desperation. In the sense that he's increasingly being ignored/shut out and has to light a bigger bonfire each week to get noticed.

Sound_n_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_n_Fury View Post
I do suppose it's easier to be a snarky blogger than a true working journalist (if anything, Bucky's mentor/role model seems to be Jerry Sullivan, who holds the patent on that approach to being a columnist).

But it also smacks a bit of desperation. In the sense that he's increasingly being ignored/shut out and has to light a bigger bonfire each week to get noticed.
Ugh. The only thing worse than Sully in print is listening to him flap his gums. It's not that I disagree with his points of view to the same degree that I disagree with the slop that Bucky puts to ink. He just comes off as so arrogant and condescending.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 04:00 PM
thomas2637

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Queen City Sports is a website that a few fans at Buffalo Bills.com made this past year. They have claimed to have all sorts of sources in the past and they always end up with egg on their face.

They are no different than any other fan in speculating except they pass their speculation off as coming from a source.
I'm new here but you're wrong man. I know the person who started Queen City Sports. He's a journalism student at Buff State who actually does know what he's talking about.

As far as this story goes, I don't know the specifics but I do know that the guy that told him this also told him about the Boyes and Regehr trades 2 days before they happened.

Just because he wrote for another blog doesn't mean that his site is a joke. It's run by college journalism students. Just because they aren't pros yet doesn't make them hacks.

Last edited by thomas2637: 12-02-2011 at 04:25 PM.
thomas2637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 04:08 PM
thomas2637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
To be more specific, it's one guy at Buff State who used to blog for someone else, then decide to make his own site.

But the rest is pretty much right. He 'broke' a Bills story this year that was 100% false, so yeah, pretty much just another crappy blogger.
He reported that Clabo would sign with the Bills but give the Falcons one last chance to match the offer. The Falcons matched the offer and Clabo decided to stay with the Falcons. That's not getting the story wrong. He reported the truth, Clabo just ended up signing with the Falcons instead.

And he also broke the Fitzpatrick contract extension talks. He HAS sources. Has press credentials to all Sabres events. IS a journalism student at Buffalo St. HAS friends in Buffalo media.

And his site is getting a good amount of views. You can trash him but your mostly saying ignorant things about somebody you don't even know.

I've interned in the Buffalo media and I've seen him around at events before. The guy is no slouch and its kinda insulting when people diss people like him because they haven't made a name for themselves yet.

thomas2637 is offline   Reply With Quote