HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG and DSLR/Cameras

Old
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
robwrx04

vCash: 500
MSG and DSLR/Cameras

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, do you guys know the exact MSG rules/regulations regarding DSLRs?

"Video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices and cameras with telephoto or zoom lenses, including SLR's, are not permitted inside Madison Square Garden at any time. This policy will be strictly enforced. You may bring in disposable or 35mm camera (with no zoom or telephoto lens), however, for some events, cameras of any type and/or flash photography may be prohibited."

That is from the garden page. When they say telephoto, what is considered a telephoto?

robwrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwrx04 View Post
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, do you guys know the exact MSG rules/regulations regarding DSLRs?

"Video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices and cameras with telephoto or zoom lenses, including SLR's, are not permitted inside Madison Square Garden at any time. This policy will be strictly enforced. You may bring in disposable or 35mm camera (with no zoom or telephoto lens), however, for some events, cameras of any type and/or flash photography may be prohibited."

That is from the garden page. When they say telephoto, what is considered a telephoto?
Considering that almost every phone these days can zoom, and the iPhone 4 and 4S have extremely bright flashes (the 4S rivals most standard digital cameras by the way) I highly doubt this policy is enforced.

I think it really just prevents you from lugging some huge video/camera equipment into the stadium. There's no way there gonna be able to snuff out people with small digital cameras or iPhones, etc. -- that ends up pissing off your customers more than protecting assets/players.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwrx04 View Post

You will be ok with say a 18-200 lens. Pro glass (like a 70-200 f2.8 or a 300 f4) might get you noticed.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

ive wondered abut this lately as well, I have a nikon p100 'superzoom' type of camera. If I brought it in, and say they said you cant bring it in, what am i supposed to do with it?

also, anyone ever really had problems with a camera like that?

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:44 PM
fiedy88

I have brought in my Canon T3i with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-250mm lens, never a word was said, Got great pics.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:26 AM
patnyrnyg

I have a digitial camera with a 12x optical zoom, never had a problem bringing it into the game. Brought it on saturday.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I have a digitial camera with a 12x optical zoom, never had a problem bringing it into the game. Brought it on saturday.

a pocket camera though? or one that looks like

Old
12-02-2011, 11:12 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Pocket Cameras are easily brought into a game. Even when they pat you down, they don't say anything about it. Never tried a DSLR though.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
pld459666

my phone has an 8 mega pixel camera that can zoom in pretty good.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
skroob**

mfw thread about dSLRs
Everyone talks about P&S/phones

Anyway, The 80-IQ slobs in the lobby pretty much go "derrr, big camera no-no" but its pretty easy to get a high quality set-up into the building.

Take a smaller dSLR (say, D90/D3000) and pair it with a 85 1.8 or a 105 2.8 and you can get top level photos from an innocent looking package.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
I brought in a Nikon D300 in a separate camera bag, with a 50mm prime, a 30mm prime, and an 18-200mm telephoto, and the door guy who checked it out said "nice camera. Have fun!"

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
mfw thread about dSLRs
Everyone talks about P&S/phones

Anyway, The 80-IQ slobs in the lobby pretty much go "derrr, big camera no-no" but its pretty easy to get a high quality set-up into the building.

Take a smaller dSLR (say, D90/D3000) and pair it with a 85 1.8 or a 105 2.8 and you can get top level photos from an innocent looking package.
I guess what my concern is, is just getting past security with my size camera. its NOT a dslr, but it kinda looks like one.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
I guess what my concern is, is just getting past security with my size camera. its NOT a dslr, but it kinda looks like one.
Is the picture you posted the same kind of camera that you have? I have a similar one and have never had any problems with it.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Security is a joke a MSG.

I think the only time you might get hassled is by the actual ushers, who would tell you to put it away. I've never seen anyone get hassled getting into the building.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
Is the picture you posted the same kind of camera that you have? I have a similar one and have never had any problems with it.
yep thats my camera.

ok so ooc, if a security 'agent' told me I couldnt bring it in, where might I...put it? like, would I have to bring it back home, or is there a camera stash or something, like a locker?