HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Mitchell and Richards info please...

Old
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

vCash: 500
Losing Richards for a few games is bad enough. Losing Mitchell for "several" is awful.

Mitchell could easily be the team's MVP - unfortunately that doesn't become apparent until he's out of the lineup.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Losing Richards for a few games is bad enough. Losing Mitchell for "several" is awful.
Wait, Mitchell is out for longer than Richards? I would have thought it was the other way around, given Richards is the one on IR.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Wait, Mitchell is out for longer than Richards? I would have thought it was the other way around, given Richards is the one on IR.
I think he's talking about the Kings record without Mitchell last season, not the number of games missed.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:25 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post

"Mike Richards will go on injured reserve tomorrow, meaning he will be out at least seven days. Willie Mitchell will not go on injured reserve, but Terry Murray said he fears Mitchell will miss multiple games."

Sounds like they are both going to miss several games. I'm assuming (hoping) Richards is precautionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I think he's talking about the Kings record without Mitchell last season, not the number of games missed.
Right... the "pain" of not having Mitchell will be more severe than losing Richards.

Last edited by TonySCV: 12-02-2011 at 06:31 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:38 PM
KingsFan7824

If the Kings are going anywhere, they're going to need depth to do it. Here's the chance.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

"Mike Richards will go on injured reserve tomorrow, meaning he will be out at least seven days. Willie Mitchell will not go on injured reserve, but Terry Murray said he fears Mitchell will miss multiple games."

Sounds like they are both going to miss several games. I'm assuming (hoping) Richards is precautionary.
Gotcha.

Quote:
Right... the "pain" of not having Mitchell will be more severe than losing Richards.
I'm not so sure about that. Much like Mitchell, Richards contributes in a lot of ways that don't show up on the score sheet, and this may become more obvious when he's not playing. Yes, I remember how bad we were without Mitchell last year, but have you taken a look at the new forward lines? Without Richards, we have an average top 6 and a below average bottom 6.

Basically, we'll have to consider anything above a .500 record a success while they're gone, even though we don't have the stiffest competition coming up. In times like these, you need your best players to step up....so we need Quick to keep doing what he's doing, Kopitar to return to early-season form, Doughty to forget he's famous, Brown to hit and shoot a lot (but not do much else), and the whole defense to play mean and destroy anyone who comes near Quick.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Not good news on Richards.

Hopefully he can be fully healthy and get back soon.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I agree with keeping Richards out until he's 100%. No sense is risking his future with the club. Now would be a great time for Kopi to break out of his mini slump and get some offense going. We need him to.
This + it'll give Lokti a little more time to get more nhl experience. We depended too much on MR as it is.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:58 PM
HookKing

Not sure why everyone thinks MR will only miss a week...that's just the minimum. He could miss a lot more. Depressing as that may be.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote