HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LEHNER WINS A GAME!! | Manchester @ Bingo | Game #22 | 12/02 | 7:05 EST | W/ Stream

Old
12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Da Costa is all poise, hands and vision. He should be the best player down there.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
Da Costa on difference from #NHL to #AHL: "The intensity. Everybody's honest. They're not cheating. They're all playing hard." #BSens #Sens

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:00 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
Man, i hope the sens can sign a second line center, as i really think the best thing for DaCosta is to spend the rest of this season in Bingo. He would be a much more polished pro next year. Obviously this would help the Bingo team as well.
If he spends the rest of the season in Bingo he'll be looking for a new home next season. THe reason he signed with Ottawa is he was looking for a chance to play - not find a place to develop. Just because he hasn't been scoring in Ottawa isn't really indicative of his skill and he's still a top 6 and a great puck moving forward. This should only be temporary unless he has some agreement with Murray like "yeah I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was."

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:06 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
If he spends the rest of the season in Bingo he'll be looking for a new home next season. THe reason he signed with Ottawa is he was looking for a chance to play - not find a place to develop. Just because he hasn't been scoring in Ottawa isn't really indicative of his skill and he's still a top 6 and a great puck moving forward. This should only be temporary unless he has some agreement with Murray like "yeah I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was."
How do you know this? He possibly thought he would play sooner in Ottawa, but really, he was expecting no time in Bingo?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
He's restricted.

He's younger than most college fa's, the expectation was he spend the full season in bingo. He clearly has the skills, but it was easier to keep him when regin went down. Da costa needs to get stronger and work defensively, and some imprOvement on his quickness is needed. It's not likely to be a quick fix, but they know he's a really good top 6 prospect.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Highlights..

http://www.wicz.com/news/video.asp?v...lv&zone=Sports

http://www.wbng.com/sports/B-Sens-St...134948878.html

Joy's interviews w/Carkner and DeCosta

http://ht.ly/7NeR2

Last edited by Ski: 12-02-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote