HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers-Flyers

Old
12-02-2011, 11:51 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
i think you're overrating our defenseman.

in the trade forum, you suggested Carle + Voracek for Eberle or Hall. i cannot take this thread seriously now

this is a terrible trade for the oilers. meszaros has shown this season that last year was a thing of the past.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:54 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Oh really?

Teams must've really enjoyed throwing that 3rd line out there last year instead of their 2nd cause Meszaros seemed to get a lot of TOI for a 3rd pairing guy:

Last year:
ES TOI/game ranked 3rd on the team
PK TOI/game ranked 4th on team
PP TOI/game ranked 3rd on team
Total TOI/game ranked 4th on team
Shifts/game ranked 2nd on team

10-11 playoffs:
2nd
3rd
3rd
1st
1st

This year:
4th
4th
4th
5th
3rd

Definitely 3rd pairing guy.
You're highlighting (mostly) times when Pronger wasn't playing.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...1+62+64+65+66#

If you're the best defenseman, shouldn't you be playing at least close to the best competition?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:00 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
You're highlighting (mostly) times when Pronger wasn't playing.

If you're the best defenseman, shouldn't you be playing at least close to the best competition?
I'm not highlighting times when Pronger wasn't playing. He missed 30 games. The TOI/60 shouldn't be affected that greatly by his absence. Being that it only counts for Pronger in games that he played in.

And I'm not actually saying Mesz > Timonen and Pronger. Get real bro. Simply saying relative to what their role on the team is, Mesz was best. Mesz is a legit top-4 defenseman and would be a massive upgrade for a team like EDM.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I'm not highlighting times when Pronger wasn't playing. He missed 30 games. The TOI/60 shouldn't be affected that greatly by his absence. Being that it only counts for Pronger in games that he played in.

And I'm not actually saying Mesz > Timonen and Pronger. Get real bro. Simply saying relative to what their role on the team is, Mesz was best. Mesz is a legit top-4 defenseman and would be a massive upgrade for a team like EDM.
Let's step away from the value / lack of value to EDM for a minute.

What do the Flyers pairings look like to you without Mez? Both now, and at the uncertain point in the future when Pronger is ready to play. You said that this deal would happen later in December when everyone's healthy--but I dunno that Pronger is ready to play until January, at the earliest.

It seems to me, right now, that it would be

Coburn-Kimmo
Carle - Walker
? - ?

Pick two of MAB, Marshall, Bartulis (if he can make it through recall waivers).... add Lilja or Gustafsson back in at some point in the future.

Even if Pronger is healthy, the bottom pairing looks truly awful.

EDITED to include the world-beating Matt Walker as our new #4.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

You just gave me the 2011 playoffs, where Pronger was essentially a 7th defenseman.

This year, again, Pronger has been in and out.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:20 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
You just gave me the 2011 playoffs, where Pronger was essentially a 7th defenseman.

This year, again, Pronger has been in and out.
The stat is TOI per game played. Pronger isn't penalized for missed time. He's still ahead of Meszaros this year. If you don't play in a given game for your team, that game doesn't count towards your toi/game.

For the playoffs, since Prongs was used sparingly, it's a legit argument. You can bump Mesz's numbers down by 1.

For the regular season last year, the same thing I said in the 1st paragraph still applies.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Let's step away from the value / lack of value to EDM for a minute.

What do the Flyers pairings look like to you without Mez? Both now, and at the uncertain point in the future when Pronger is ready to play. You said that this deal would happen later in December when everyone's healthy--but I dunno that Pronger is ready to play until January, at the earliest.

It seems to me, right now, that it would be

Coburn-Kimmo
Carle - Walker
? - ?

Pick two of MAB, Marshall, Bartulis (if he can make it through recall waivers).... add Lilja or Gustafsson back in at some point in the future.

Even if Pronger is healthy, the bottom pairing looks truly awful.

EDITED to include the world-beating Matt Walker as our new #4.
I clearly said not until Pronger is healthy. And we have a partner move ready to go. Something for Hannan or the like.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I clearly said not until Pronger is healthy. And we have a partner move ready to go. Something for Hannan or the like.
He might not be healthy for months. Estimate is 4 weeks, he said it could be three or six weeks.

Regardless, he's played in, what, 60 percent of our games over the last two seasons. What if he misses time again later in the year? You want to see a 2nd pairing of Carle and Scott Hannan?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Yeah, Edmonton doesn't do this.

If you want MPS unfortunately it will cost an overpayment or Couturier, which would be dumb for you guys to do.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
OP has been making a fool of himself on the trade board.

And a big NO from Edm on this trade.

I've never seen someone love fake trade proposals so much.

Someone buy this kid a copy of NHL 12.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Haute Couturier

This trade makes no sense for either team. While I'd like to get MPS, we simply can't afford to deal Meszaros. Peckham is not a top 4 defender.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:42 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
I've never seen someone love fake trade proposals so much.

Someone buy this kid a copy of NHL 12.
I didn't come up w/ it bro.

Maybe someone should buy you a pair of glasses, so that you could read.

Btw, NHL 12 is for losers. Seriously? What self respecting 20 y/o plays sports video games?

Old
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:

Btw, NHL 12 is for losers. Seriously? What self respecting 20 y/o plays sports video games?
Overreaction/10

Old
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Overreaction/10
Every post directed at me from you is a flame. Quite frankly I'm sick of it bro.

Never did anything to you that I know of.

Literally, you don't post for days, come back, flame me, get away with it, leave again, repeat.

If you don't like what I have to say, hit the ignore button. Not hard.

Old
12-02-2011, 07:00 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Every post directed at me from you is a flame. Quite frankly I'm sick of it bro.

Never did anything to you that I know of.

Literally, you don't post for days, come back, flame me, get away with it, leave again, repeat.

And I never did a thing to you that I know of.
Words on the internet, don't get upset. No reason to get in an argument, I just always comment how you only post trade proposals. If that makes you upset, then I'm sorry.

Old
12-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
All i'm going to say is how good can your trade be if your defending it after every single post?
I just wanted to make this point also.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:06 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Words on the internet, don't get upset. No reason to get in an argument, I just always comment how you only post trade proposals. If that makes you upset, then I'm sorry.
You obviously don't keep up very much. I post much more in the GDTs, posted about the Walker waiver, posted my opinions on our prospects, etc.

Yes, I like considering trades. There's plenty of stuff I could flame you for too... but like I said, I've got no beef w/ you.

If the only reason you're going to respond is some smug BS about getting me a copy of NHL 12, why respond @ all? It has nothing to do w/ the topic. It's not productive.

I dislike people who have to flex their e-muscles like you seem to enjoy. doing.

Old
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
You obviously don't keep up very much. I post much more in the GDTs, posted about the Walker waiver, posted my opinions on our prospects, etc.

Yes, I like considering trades. There's plenty of stuff I could flame you for too... but like I said, I've got no beef w/ you.

If the only reason you're going to respond is some smug BS about getting me a copy of NHL 12, why respond @ all? It has nothing to do w/ the topic. It's not productive.

I dislike people who have to flex their e-muscles like you seem to enjoy. doing.
You're taking this way too personally. Calm down.

Old
12-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
You're taking this way too personally. Calm down.
On the other side, I do agree with you.

This kid thinks he's the resounding voice for all flyer fans on the trade board. It's really funny.

The Voracek + Schenn for Hall or Eberle was pure gold

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:00 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

This kid thinks he's the resounding voice for all flyer fans on the trade board. It's really funny.

You live in England. WTF do you know about Flyers hockey, I mean seriously?

Old
12-02-2011, 10:14 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Please, justify this little gem in the Ryan thread:

"Flyers are not going to be offering Voracek, Schenn or JVR.

People are here are nuts."

So apparently, a 30 goal scorer 3 years in a row isn't worth offering Voracek for.

Yet somehow Ryan Eberle, who potted 18 last year and is off to a hot start this year, is WAYYYY more valuable than Schenn + Voracek + Carle.

You said my offer is not even close. Based on what you said in the Ryan thread, that means that Jordan Eberle is worth WAY MORE than Bobby Ryan + Brayden Schenn + Matt Carle.

Really? Is that really what you believe?

Old
12-02-2011, 10:29 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:

Haha you are awesome, I'll tell you what, I love the NHL series I also like Battlefield, Halo, Uncharted, and a lot of other games. What kind of insecure person has a problem with people that like video games haha? Guess what I go outside too and have a full time job. It's 2011 people my age and by your previous statement yours as well grew up in the video game era. In fact the average gamer is 27 believe it or not.

On topic with the thread, the oilers fanbase as a whole has rejected this trade in the trade board thread.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:44 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Haha you are awesome, I'll tell you what, I love the NHL series I also like Battlefield, Halo, Uncharted, and a lot of other games. What kind of insecure person has a problem with people that like video games haha? Guess what I go outside too and have a full time job. It's 2011 people my age and by your previous statement yours as well grew up in the video game era. In fact the average gamer is 27 believe it or not.

On topic with the thread, the oilers fanbase as a whole has rejected this trade in the trade board thread.
Did you fail math class as a kid?

EDM fans who like it: jokerboysmith Horseradish tiger80 zeus3007 joestevens29... that would be 5 fans

EDM fans who don't like it: duul s7ark nally tarpit brian28 Hope4thefuture Jepprey... that would be 7 fans.

In what universe does 7-5 = "the oilers fanbase as a whole has rejected this trade"?!?

Glad to see you're unbiased though... nice job!!!

And again, this wasn't even my suggestion... it was horseradish's (he's a EDM fan). If I would've known the grief I'd take from all of you so-called flyers fans for posting it, I would've thought better. My bad.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Did you fail math class as a kid?

EDM fans who like it: jokerboysmith Horseradish tiger80 zeus3007 joestevens29... that would be 5 fans

EDM fans who don't like it: duul s7ark nally tarpit brian28 Hope4thefuture Jepprey... that would be 7 fans.

In what universe does 7-5 = "the oilers fanbase as a whole has rejected this trade"?!?

Glad to see you're unbiased though... nice job!!!

And again, this wasn't even my suggestion... it was horseradish's (he's a EDM fan). If I would've known the grief I'd take from all of you so-called flyers fans for posting it, I would've thought better. My bad.
I didn't go in and count but the thread is 3 or 4 pages long and for the most part from what I've read is pretty much "no why would we trade MPS as we consider him part of our core and our LW depth is not great". I would take the deal as I think MPS would be a great addition but I am a rational person and realize that they overpay by a lot for what Meszaros is worth.

I didn't attack you btw, I personally did very well in math class if you really need to know though. I did not do extraordinarily well however simply because I didn't like to do homework but you probably didn't need to know that. I figured I'd simply offer a nice in depth answer to your obviously condescending question. Maybe on your next post you can ask if I failed English as well.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:02 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I didn't go in and count but the thread is 3 or 4 pages long and for the most part from what I've read is pretty much "no why would we trade MPS as we consider him part of our core and our LW depth is not great". I woudl take the deal as I think MPS would be a great addition but I am a rational person and realize that they overpay by a lot for what Meszaros is worth.

I didn't attack you btw, I personally did very well in math class if you really need to know though. I did not do extraordinarily well however simply because I didn't like to do homework but you probably didn't need to know that. I figured I'd simply offer a nice in depth answer to your obviously condescending question. Maybe on your next post you can ask if I failed English as well.
Yeah, I mean you pretty much did. You made a false statement (just b/c someone posts the same thing 20x doesn't give it more weight)... each person counts once, making it seem like it was a bad proposal. 9/10ths of your post was off topic... then you decided to get back on.

I was pretty solid in Math... straight As and I got an 800 on the mathematics section of the SATs.

Did you fail english as well?