HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 3.0 - The "Does Anybody Want Christensen??" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
How is getting Shane Doan a simple option? Yotes are in a playoff spot and most likely will be in the post season again.
Agree - didn't think about that when I said Whitney, actually. He won't be moved if the 'Yotes are hanging around in the top-8 come late February.

Ruutu is the best option, IMO, along with Antoine Vermette, possibly. Both fit the system. Good two-way wingers that play with a solid effort. Ruutu is more physical, Vermette is more skilled. I'd probably take Ruutu, as he's a UFA at the end of the year, and I think Tortorella would love him.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
12-02-2011, 11:03 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Agree - didn't think about that when I said Whitney, actually. He won't be moved if the 'Yotes are hanging around in the top-8 come late February.

Ruutu is the best option, IMO, along with Antoine Vermette, possibly. Both fit the system. Good two-way wingers that play with a solid effort. Ruutu is more physical, Vermette is more skilled. I'd probably take Ruutu, as he's a UFA at the end of the year, and I think Tortorella would love him.
zach parise lol

Old
12-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
zach parise lol
Only after we get Bobby Ryan.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Edgeworth*

Am I the only one that wants an Avery - Neil - Cooke line? x: It doesn't seem..impossible. Maybe Avery - Neil - Lapierre? Basically the most irritating pesty line to take the ice.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:40 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Am I the only one that wants an Avery - Neil - Cooke line? x: It doesn't seem..impossible. Maybe Avery - Neil - Lapierre? Basically the most irritating pesty line to take the ice.
That line would be troll central...just awesome.

I know everyone hates Cooke, but that line would draw so many penalties - and he's a pretty damn good 3rd line player, too.

Won't happen though - Neil is a bit more realistic an option, although his cap hit isn't very attractive for what he provides.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Matt Cooke? I'd rather die.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
That line would be troll central...just awesome.

I know everyone hates Cooke, but that line would draw so many penalties - and he's a pretty damn good 3rd line player, too.

Won't happen though - Neil is a bit more realistic an option, although his cap hit isn't very attractive for what he provides.
Eh, that's the issue. But there isn't many pests that come cheap. Lapierre could be had for cheap right? Or Carcillo? x: For all the hate these guys receive rolling out a troll line to draw penalties to unleash Richards and company on the NHL would be pretty awesome. Also gives an excuse to bump some guys for a top line winger.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

I'll take Christensen. He can take care of my cats.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:49 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
Eh, that's the issue. But there isn't many pests that come cheap. Lapierre could be had for cheap right? Or Carcillo? x: For all the hate these guys receive rolling out a troll line to draw penalties to unleash Richards and company on the NHL would be pretty awesome. Also gives an excuse to bump some guys for a top line winger.
Agree completely. I've always been a fan of the pests in this league, if only because of the massive amounts of hate they receive. I love players like Lapierre, Carcillo, Avery, Neil, etc, because they're extremely effective and entertaining all for a relatively cheap price.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:57 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Let's see who is a seller at the trade deadline before making our plans. There may be some surprises. If the races stay this tight, there's a good chance 1-2 unexpected teams may drop out of contention and you may be surprised at who is available.

About Phoenix the thing to watch is the status of the franchise. Maloney has basically been in a win now mode for three years and the roster is loaded with veterans, many near the end of the line. If ownership is not settled by March and the thing looks to be leaving town, he may clean house in anticipation of a major rebuld. That was the plan if the team went to Winnipeg last year. The Coyotes are really thin in prospects -- lots of wasted draft choices. Doan is staying here unless the team moves. He will sign a new contract once ownership is finalized if that ever happens. Whitney would be a terrific playoff pickup.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
EEDAWGZ

Would love to have Neil, but I recall him not wanting to leave Canada, and wanting nothing to do with NY

Old
12-03-2011, 12:26 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Would love to have Neil, but I recall him not wanting to leave Canada, and wanting nothing to do with NY
Their was a rumor the Rangers offered more money and he took the deal to stay in Ottawa. He likes Ottawa but thats the only place he has played. I would be okay with adding Neil at the deadline.

Here's an odd name that people may want to think about:

Mike Knuble.

If Washington continues to disappoint would anyone be willing to add him into the top-6 as a net presence?

Old
12-03-2011, 12:28 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Would love Knuble. There isn't any room for him in the top-6 as currently constructed, however, as he won't be taking over for any of Callahan or Gaborik.

Hagelin-Dubinsky-Knuble would be a nice third line later in the year, though.

Old
12-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Is it Bobby Ryan time yet?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:12 AM
egelband

i think the only thing the rangers should go after is a vet scorer...like a prospal or someone like that. maybe a slightly younger version of prospal. someone who won't stand in anyone's way long-term but can assist in the playoffs and just give the rangers some more secondary scoring.
the caveat is that zuccarello could possibly provide that scoring too, without adding a contract. so i'd try that first.
otherwise, i love the team as it is. (i haven't felt that way about a rangers team in forever).

Old
12-03-2011, 06:27 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
that would make sense based on play but they may send Mitchell down since he has a two way deal and EC stays a spare......hope not but maybe
I doubt him being on a 2-way deal matters to the Rangers. He'd still have to clear waivers to go down and the Rangers I'm sure don't care about the money. They'll keep the better player. Right now, that's Mitchell.

Old
12-03-2011, 08:10 AM
pld459666

Neil didn't want to play here. No thanks. A talentless 4th liner. Yes he throws the body and can fight, but after that he's useless.

Ruutu I think is the perfect fit for this team.

Gritty, plays the wall well so that would help with the cycle game we use. Can score and pass well.

He would fit our system very well.

Old
12-03-2011, 08:54 AM
snipeit

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't want Cooke at all as a Ranger but it would be hilarious with Avery and Cooke on the line.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:04 AM
SML

Avery/Neil/Cooke would draw a lot of penalties. I think they just might be able to draw bench minors from other teams, between guys overplaying their shift to get back at one of these guys, or going out late, it would turn the other teams line changes into a chinese firedrill.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

one guy id like to get is Kyle Clifford from LA. if go after a gritty tough guy go after someone who is young. him and prust would be awesome together

Clifford to the Rangers
Zuccarello and Wolski to Kings

Old
12-03-2011, 09:28 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I don't know what the Rangers do with WW once he's healthy considering how well this team is going.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:37 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The team is going to go cold for a few games and need an infusion of the skill W2 brings. Remember when we were on an 8 game winning streak, dropped two, and the board was ready to jump off the ledge? Yeah. That's when.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I don't care how talented Wolski is, if he's not scoring he's not doing anything. Way too inconsistent, typical player that has the tools but doesn't use them all the time and drives you crazy. Find a suitor and get whatever draft pick you can for him.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:50 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Christensen's value is larger with the team, then without imo.

I think a lot of fans fail to realize that depth is more important then trading a player away. For what? What are you going to get for him? If its a perfect package deal to get someone who can legitimately upgrade the team, then fine (but you're probably including a top prospect in there as well and Christ is just filler).

Injuries happen, slumps happen. Christensen has value on this team even though some fans refuse to admit it. He's got skil land while hes not on the playing roster right now, if one or two centers go down, you better expect him to be in the lineup...

So you would rather bring up someone from Hartford? And then what, theyll sit the entire time too and kill their development? Christensen provides PERFECT depth. PERFECT. He's a vet whos skilled, he can win a game for you in the shootout, he can play on every line, can score, can pass, can play the PP...

What more do you want? The reason he isnt playing is because he is the perfect depth forward. Thats the whole point!!!

Old
12-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Christensen's value is larger with the team, then without imo.

I think a lot of fans fail to realize that depth is more important then trading a player away. For what? What are you going to get for him? If its a perfect package deal to get someone who can legitimately upgrade the team, then fine (but you're probably including a top prospect in there as well and Christ is just filler).

Injuries happen, slumps happen. Christensen has value on this team even though some fans refuse to admit it. He's got skil land while hes not on the playing roster right now, if one or two centers go down, you better expect him to be in the lineup...

So you would rather bring up someone from Hartford? And then what, theyll sit the entire time too and kill their development? Christensen provides PERFECT depth. PERFECT. He's a vet whos skilled, he can win a game for you in the shootout, he can play on every line, can score, can pass, can play the PP...

What more do you want? The reason he isnt playing is because he is the perfect depth forward. Thats the whole point!!!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...ticle-1.986231

I agree which is why I think there is a change he stays and Mitchell still goes down once Rupp and Wolski are back

Mitchell can be sent down and EC cant

Closed Thread