HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Oilers-Flyers

Old
12-02-2011, 10:11 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

vCash: 500
The idea of having four 2nd round picks burning a hole in Holmgren's pocket is terrifying.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:12 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Yeah, I mean you pretty much did. You made a false statement (just b/c someone posts the same thing 20x doesn't give it more weight)... each person counts once, making it seem like it was a bad proposal. 9/10ths of your post was off topic... then you decided to get back on.

I was pretty solid in Math... straight As and I got an 800 on the mathematics section of the SATs.

Did you fail english as well?
No I did not you said what kind of self respecting 20 y/o plays sports video games which was an attack on anyone falling into that stereotype of people. I offered an explanation of myself and made you aware that there are people out there that do. I offered an opinion on a proposal you gave which is what this thread is about. you make a proposal people criticize it or agree with it, I never attacked you. What do you expect when you make a thread like this? 100 percent of the people on the board to agree with you and worship you as a representative to be our new armchair Flyers GM?

I don't care about your SAT scores or how you did in Math I never asked and I certainly don't care.

You can't get through a single post without a fail troll attempt can you?

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
You live in England. WTF do you know about Flyers hockey, I mean seriously?
BTW I'm from south Jersey what could I possibly know about a Philadelphia based team.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
BTW I'm from south Jersey what could I possibly know about a Philadelphia based team.
Now we're getting somewhere.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
You live in England. WTF do you know about Flyers hockey, I mean seriously?

Wales is a different country to England. Another failure for the american education system

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:34 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere.
Yea I would probably ignore my other post too if I were in your position.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Yea I would probably ignore my other post too if I were in your position.
I was responding to two flames already when you decided to stick your nose in. Dunno what exactly your problem is bro.

Like I said, I started a thread. You don't like it, don't comment on it, or ignore it, or comment on it and say why... BUT STAY ON TOPIC.

The thread was pretty much dead, it had run it's course. Then OriginJM decided to flame me for some reason. It's probably about the 10th time he's done it in a thread of mine so I took exception, but OK, at least he apologized for it and is a stand up guy and I can deal w/ that.

Then Spongolium comes over and he acts like he runs the place and starts making fun of something I said in a different thread on a different board without mentioning a single thing about the actual topic of this thread (this would be the textbook definition of FLAMING). I can understand it w/ him cause he's pretty much just an angry arsehole who thinks the rules don't apply to him. He also thinks he knows more than everything... Bryz isn't to blame for any of the losses thus far, it's all the defense. Bobby Ryan had his stats so inflated from playing w/ Perry and Getz that he isn't worth Voracek straight up, etc. and so on and so forth.

But why'd you have to stick your nose in? Sorry if I offended you w/ the gamer post, but as I said, I was responding to some flaming from others. I'm sure NHL 12 is a fine game, just doesn't peak my fancy.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Mwrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old
12-02-2011, 10:54 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

Wales is a different country to England. Another failure for the american education system
Wales is pretty much England's ugly stepchild that nobody cares about, let's be honest. You can't beat England @ anything (although watching your footy team attempt to and fail massively each and every time is always good for a laugh )

At any rate, I don't know why you're still talking to me bro. You pretty much asserted that you are the alpha dick here. You win. Congrats!!! I started a proposal thread (oh the horror!!!) that you willingly opened up and decided to post in. You apparently thought (despite no history between us) that it was cool to just go ahead and get your flame on and make fun of my opinions posted in other threads (pretty much a direct violation of several hf board rules).

At least origin has the balls to apologize. You on the other hand, apparently not. I'm gonna go ahead and ignore you know, b/c it's not like you have anything enlightening to add. Refs stink, not the goalies' fault, always blame the D, Giroux stinks, Meszaros stinks, Ryan isn't worth Voracek straight up, etc. The drunks in Sec. 114 where I have my season tix say a lot of the same things, but they're a lot more personable and entertaining than you.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Wales is pretty much England's ugly stepchild that nobody cares about, let's be honest. You can't beat England @ anything (although watching your footy team attempt to and fail massively each and every time is always good for a laugh )

At any rate, I don't know why you're still talking to me bro. You pretty much asserted that you are the alpha dick here. You win. Congrats!!! I started a proposal thread (oh the horror!!!) that you willingly opened up and decided to post in. You apparently thought (despite no history between us) that it was cool to just go ahead and get your flame on and make fun of my opinions posted in other threads (pretty much a direct violation of several hf board rules).

At least origin has the balls to apologize. You on the other hand, apparently not. I'm gonna go ahead and ignore you know, b/c it's not like you have anything enlightening to add. Refs stink, not the goalies' fault, always blame the D, Giroux stinks, Meszaros stinks, Ryan isn't worth Voracek straight up, etc. The drunks in Sec. 114 where I have my season tix say a lot of the same things, but they're a lot more personable and entertaining than you.
What would an american know about football.

We also regularly beat England in many sports, I don't think you could even point to Wales on a map

Old
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
What would an american know about football.

We also regularly beat England in many sports, I don't think you could even point to Wales on a map
Pretty sure I could. I assumed England cause of the "UK" on your location, didn't look @ the flag. In hindsight, kind of ignorant of me.

Just how flaming me was rather ignorant of you.

As I said, I don't see how any of this excuses your deliberate and intentional flaming which started this whole thing. It was totally uncalled for and I think you know that.

I enjoy making trade proposals. I never declared myself Flyers czar or tried to say I'm better than anyone else, I just enjoy it, so I do it.

If you don't like the proposals I make, can you not just click the "ignore" button? Or are you that bored and that petty of a person that you need to demean me and derail the topic w/ some good ol fashioned flaming?

Old
12-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Good effort with the whole ignore thing.

To the thread, How can we possibly trade a D right now

Old
12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Good effort with the whole ignore thing.

To the thread, How can we possibly trade a D right now
We can't... except for an overpayment. Which is what the dude offering MPS + 2nd + Peckham offered us.

I dunno why EDM would offer that, but he did so I ran w/ it.

Other than something like that, definitely no defensemen moving.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

No I don't think you understand. How can we possibly send Mezaros their way.

Carle - Walker
Bourdon - Kimmo
Coburn - Marshall.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:44 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
No I don't think you understand. How can we possibly send Mezaros their way.

Carle - Walker
Bourdon - Kimmo
Coburn - Marshall.
Well, the proposal from him was to do it when the Flyers d is totally healthy (ie. January).

And then obviously in our case, we'd then package some assets @ the deadline and get a different top-4 guy... ideal Ryan Suter (a #1 stud), but we dunno if he'll be moved yet.

But w/ MPS and an extra 2nd, along w/ Voracek, our 2 2nds already, etc. I really think we would've been able to offer the most in the case of a Suter trade. Which would be the ultimate goal... turning Mesz into Suter.

At any rate, pointless to talk about I suppose. Not going to happen.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
I was responding to two flames already when you decided to stick your nose in. Dunno what exactly your problem is bro.

Like I said, I started a thread. You don't like it, don't comment on it, or ignore it, or comment on it and say why... BUT STAY ON TOPIC.

The thread was pretty much dead, it had run it's course. Then OriginJM decided to flame me for some reason. It's probably about the 10th time he's done it in a thread of mine so I took exception, but OK, at least he apologized for it and is a stand up guy and I can deal w/ that.

Then Spongolium comes over and he acts like he runs the place and starts making fun of something I said in a different thread on a different board without mentioning a single thing about the actual topic of this thread (this would be the textbook definition of FLAMING). I can understand it w/ him cause he's pretty much just an angry arsehole who thinks the rules don't apply to him. He also thinks he knows more than everything... Bryz isn't to blame for any of the losses thus far, it's all the defense. Bobby Ryan had his stats so inflated from playing w/ Perry and Getz that he isn't worth Voracek straight up, etc. and so on and so forth.

But why'd you have to stick your nose in? Sorry if I offended you w/ the gamer post, but as I said, I was responding to some flaming from others. I'm sure NHL 12 is a fine game, just doesn't peak my fancy.
Why I've got a problem "bro" is instead of just defending yourself, ignoring him, reporting his post, or doing what you normally do and just attacking him back you not only attacked him you attacked a large populous of people. Thanks for giving me the play-by-play of what was said in the thread but it wasn't needed as my reading comprehension hasn't declined since my gradeschool days.

And I will comment on whatever I please this is a forum whether you like my opinion or not is no concern of mine nor will I censor it for you. If you make a thread expect criticism but theres no need to attack anyone, make your point and defend it.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:54 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Why I've got a problem "bro" is instead of just defending yourself, ignoring him, reporting his post, or doing what you normally do and just attacking him back you not only attacked him you attacked a large populous of people. Thanks for giving me the play-by-play of what was said in the thread but it wasn't needed as my reading comprehension hasn't declined since my gradeschool days.

And I will comment on whatever I please this is a forum whether you like my opinion or not is no concern of mine nor will I censor it for you. If you make a thread expect criticism but theres no need to attack anyone, make your point and defend it.
What I'm trying to say is I respect you brah.

(Hopefully you watch south park and get this reference. If not, then oh well, I tried )

Old
12-02-2011, 11:59 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

With both the horrid trade proposal and one man flame rampage, I'm pretty surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:04 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is I respect you brah.

(Hopefully you watch south park and get this reference. If not, then oh well, I tried )
Nah I don't What kind of self respecting 20 y/o watches South Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
With both the horrid trade proposal and one man flame rampage, I'm pretty surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.
^--This

Old
12-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I guess I should quit watching the flyers now. I'll get a petition going around in the UK, since we can't know anything.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
What? and lose all this comedy gold?

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
What? and lose all this comedy gold?
Touché

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Damn, I leave this thread for a few hours and everyone loses their damned minds.

Is this going to be on topic, or is it going to be pointless flaming from here on out? If it's the latter I'm just going to shut this down.

You've both gotten your shots in and even bashed nationalities, let's call it even and get back to civil discussion please.

12-03-2011, 10:17 AM
BernieParent

As well as the OP being hardly reasonable from Edmonton's POV, this is not the deal that I would hope Holmgren would be pursuing. IMHO, this team's need is a great D prospect, and that's the only player for whom players like Schenn or Voracek should be expendable.

Stupid joke of the day: How do you get to Wales in a car?
1 in the front and 1 in the back.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Damn, I leave this thread for a few hours and everyone loses their damned minds.

Is this going to be on topic, or is it going to be pointless flaming from here on out? If it's the latter I'm just going to shut this down.

You've both gotten your shots in and even bashed nationalities, let's call it even and get back to civil discussion please.
Thread ran its course... you can go ahead and lock er up.