HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread II

Old
11-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
damacles, let me know if you want an autographed card.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
yankeeking

do not remember him from camp and he has size,scoring touch and plays our weakest pos is it a head problem does anyone know

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
do not remember him from camp and he has size,scoring touch and plays our weakest pos is it a head problem does anyone know
I think part of the reasoning was how he never progressed beyond his draft year. Kings staff put a big emphasis "compete" and he seemed to lack it. It was quite a discussion at the time, many were surprised he was let go.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Vic Vinegar

I'm sure this has been asked to death, but what is up with Forbort? Admittedly, I haven't watched him play once this year, but I haven't heard anything positive from anyone. What's going on?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:32 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
I'm sure this has been asked to death, but what is up with Forbort? Admittedly, I haven't watched him play once this year, but I haven't heard anything positive from anyone. What's going on?
I think you see it alot on HF with NCAA guys, is that there is really not much hype/chatter about them. I think its cause they are games that aren't watched to much, and nobody is putting up ridiculous numbers similar to juniors.

There are some posts about Forbort earlier in the thread. Still very raw, hasn't shown the offensive development yet that many expected. Still atleast 2-3 years away, and hopefully starts turning the corner soon.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:40 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I've been meaning to ask...why Forbort? What is it about Forbort that interested the kings to select him with their first selection? Not knocking the kings or Forbort for that matter but just seems like a bit of a head scratcher to me. We had plenty of dmen prospects at the time and really could have used a kid like Etem.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I've been meaning to ask...why Forbort? What is it about Forbort that interested the kings to select him with their first selection? Not knocking the kings or Forbort for that matter but just seems like a bit of a head scratcher to me. We had plenty of dmen prospects at the time and really could have used a kid like Etem.
Maybe Dean didn't want another "Tyler Myers" situation?

Just spitballing. I was confused at the time too. Was hoping for Etem, but I don't get paid to evaluate talent so I assumed there was something I was missing.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 06:15 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

If I recall correctly, the Kings had him ranked in the top 10 and when he was available at 15 they felt they had to trade up and get him. What was not to like? A 6'5 mobile d-man with smarts and hockey sense. Unfortunately he hasn't quite made that jump I'm sure they were hoping for.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 09:44 AM
yankeeking

It was kind of a shock at the draft that day ,everyone thought(at least around where I was) when they traded up that it was Etem for sure but you know DL and his love for Dmen looks like etem is a pretty good prospect but he didn't make the ducks yet and they are not exactly a powerhouse

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Gravel has been named to the USA development camp for the WJC.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Tadite

Forbort was suppose to be the gigantic physically talented guy who needed a whole bunch of years to get to the NHL. RLR had him as the 3rd best d-man in the year with the understanding that he was their best long-term bet (at times he was ranked in the top-5 overall!). So when (I think) 4 other guys got picked first and he dropped we made the move. I think most people assumed that with our d-man prospect depth it was going to be one of the skilled Russian forwards or Etem. But we're at the point that we can take a long-term prospect and it's no longer the case of needing to draft talent for the current team. Gibson last year is another example.

The guy just needs to literally grow up. He's massive but that means he needs to figure out how to deal with the size. We shouldn't expect flashy numbers down in college but he's still going to be on the WJC team (three times?). Something to say for that.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:52 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
It was kind of a shock at the draft that day ,everyone thought(at least around where I was) when they traded up that it was Etem for sure but you know DL and his love for Dmen looks like etem is a pretty good prospect but he didn't make the ducks yet and they are not exactly a powerhouse
The one place the Ducks are pretty much set is at forward though and Etem is pretty much a pure goal scorer. With Perry, Getzlaf, Selane, Koivu, Ryan and others they are pretty much set for the year as top 6 forwards go.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Hey guys, searched through this thread looking for Hickey updates and couldn't find any. Could anyone give some updates on him?

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Could anyone give some updates on him?
Bust.

That's my update.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Hey guys, searched through this thread looking for Hickey updates and couldn't find any. Could anyone give some updates on him?
Any talk of him (I just asked for an update from people who watch the Monarchs games a couple of days ago) would be in the AHL/ Manchesterr Monarchs thread that should be pinned right around where this thread is at.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 02:29 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Bust.

That's my update.
You and I might be the only two who thinks this. I agree, and I hope I'm wrong.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 02:36 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have seen TH play live 3 times this season and haven't missed a Monarchs game yet post facto and he is NHL ready and while he may never be a top or elite NHL dman he should be a solid player with a good two way game. He skates exceptionally well and is smart with the puck.

He is overcoming allot of things and like I said, I see him as an NHL ready pmd. On most teams a #4=6 guy at this point but that aint hay.

Is he a bust? He was drafted 4rth overall and expected to be more but to me he isn't one. A bust wouldn't make the NHL. I guess it will take time to tell.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Toffoli 1G 1A in the first period so far. Assist was nothing, but his goal came on a penalty shot. I may have highlights for you guys later.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Toffoli 1G 1A in the first period so far. Assist was nothing, but his goal came on a penalty shot. I may have highlights for you guys later.
Thanks! It's very appreciated!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:34 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Two goals and an assist for Schumacher that same game!

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:35 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Schumacher with another goal in yesterday's win for Soo. He now leads the team with 17 goals and is third in points with 26 in only 30 games. He's still pretty lanky, but with that 6'5 frame of his, he might turn out to be a pretty nice steal for the Kings in the seventh round...

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Schumacher with another goal in yesterday's win for Soo. He now leads the team with 17 goals and is third in points with 26 in only 30 games. He's still pretty lanky, but with that 6'5 frame of his, he might turn out to be a pretty nice steal for the Kings in the seventh round...

Speaking of nice steals in latter rounds, how's Kitsyn doing?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kitsyn only has a goal and two assists in 23 games in the KHL. He really is being wasted there, probably seeing very limited ice time. I wish they could get his KHL club to agree to let him return to the OHL. He'll also be turning 20 next weekend.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I will be heading over to EU in a couple of weeks and will be meeting up with MK again. I will get to watch a dozen or so KHL and eq jr's games before heading to watch a couple of SEL games.

MK is a bright kid who is being treated like garbage in the same way that allot of young Russian kids who cross the ocean to take a look at whats on offer and then return home do.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
AStammer7*

Hope Forbort Wasn't A Reach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
If I recall correctly, the Kings had him ranked in the top 10 and when he was available at 15 they felt they had to trade up and get him. What was not to like? A 6'5 mobile d-man with smarts and hockey sense. Unfortunately he hasn't quite made that jump I'm sure they were hoping for.
I think Dean Lombardi has made some mistakes on the draft floor. Hope Forbort isn't one of them. Forbort should make the USA team at the WJC in Calgary/Edmonton this Christmas. So it will be interesting. Good Luck to him and all the Kings prospects who make it to the Tourny.

PS After robbing the Russians of Loktionov and Voynov I think Lombardi was hesitant drafting Tarasenko!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote