HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft: Danger - Bertrand Raymond

Old
12-03-2011, 04:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Bertrand Raymond throwing another arrow (for no reason) at the Habs organisation tonight at l'Anti-chambre.

He said : For the Habs, signing Desharnais after his junior career was a PR move. They didn't thought that he could play in the NHL. At least signing DD showed that the Habs cared about quebecers. However, DD shut their mouths when he scored 106 points in his first pro season.

WTF Bertrand? Give props where props is due! The Habs gave DD a chance to play professionnal hockey. They probably didn't had high expectations, like it's the case for any undrafted overager coming out of the CHL, but it doesn't mean that Habs' management didn't care about Desharnais.
and he was signed because of the very high praises carbo was bestowing on desharnais. without that i doubt we would have signed him...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
and he was signed because of the very high praises carbo was bestowing on desharnais. without that i doubt we would have signed him...
yes , that is what understand also, it was Carbo who suggested Habs go after him.

Thank you Carbo .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 05:12 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
whoever that was, still isnt a PR move.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 05:20 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
whoever that was, still isnt a PR move.
'course it wasn't. a PR move would have been drafting esposito hahaha

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

It's not fair to say that Desharnais was a PR move. No matter if it was or not, they did and that's all that matters. They gave him a a chance. That's all the playes are asking. And even if you want to go at knowing if it really was, Carbo knew him, good enough a reason to at least give a try to a player...

Now if you really want to know what a PR move is....look at Dany Massť. Again, not saying that it matters or not, though I wasn't a fan of the pick. But perception is reality, and geez did it look like a response to the Yanick Riendeau's signing after all that commotion.

Yet, it seems that while he'll never play in the NHL, Massť is indeed giving some fine minutes with the Dogs. Still believe that he should be in the ECHL but for the lack of better players so be it. And funnily enough....Riendeau is in the ECHL now......Remains to be seen who will have a better career and frankly, I would have bet it would have been Riendeau. Though Riendeau does show he's too strong for the ECHL something Massť was not able to do during his short period of time. But Riendeau's AHL time has not been good. And not just stats, but by a lot of people's opinions. While Massť...well Montreal could tell us more. I believed he appreciates the guy from time to time.

In resume, no matter the reason behind this....they do it. And I believe that we don't give a significant amount of time to the Q, when we'll do it, I'll applaud it. Including the Q combin we have each year. Something which I can tell you that it is a little PR exercice as well. But it's great for those kids and it gives them experience.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
'course it wasn't. a PR move would have been drafting esposito hahaha

True. Though, to this day, I still wonder if the draft is not in Montreal, and if our record is a little better with francos....do we really go with Leblanc? Can't believe Kreider was NOT a Timmins type of pick DESPITE seeing the famous list...Though I have to say, I was not against the move. Wanted Leblanc myself. But I had Kreider right on top. Just like I had Moore and Schroeder as well. John Moore who I also think was a typical Timmins pick.

But Chris Kreider will be a steal for the Rangers.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote