HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#24|Dec. 2, 2011|Flyers at Ducks |10:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
  #601
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,713
vCash: 2652
One of the writers has a link posted to Matt Carle's Twitter account.

Quote:
Big thanks to the fans in Anaheim tonight, love hearing the #letsgoflyers chants...also to those who stayed up late in Philly
Good stuff.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
  #602
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Ducks fans are hopping mad. I tried to be nice but there is no reasoning with them.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:54 AM
  #603
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Ducks fans are hopping mad. I tried to be nice but there is no reasoning with them.
Yeah, on the irc network hfboards used to use, im in a channel with a ducks fan.. She must have kick banned me 10 times because she was so mad

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:07 AM
  #604
Ychocky
Registered User
 
Ychocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Just got back from puck myself.

Only watched the highlights. Sick rips by Roo and Jagr. Bryz made one hell of a wiff on the first and made up with a solid glove. Plays his old stomping ground tomorrow so hopefully this can give him a bit of mojo.

Off to bed.

Ychocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:58 AM
  #605
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Was anyone else really impressed by Beauchemin? I would love that guy on the flyers.
Would be a great addition to the Flyers blue line! He is what I hoped Marshall could become one day...

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:18 AM
  #606
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,292
vCash: 500
Ducks fans are making themselves look like clowns on the main boards

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:49 AM
  #607
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 500
Ducks fans = so mad.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:37 AM
  #608
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,292
vCash: 500


Heres where, according to ducks fans, Perry and Simmonds glide together with barely any contact and simmonds tries to sell a call by not getting up..
Doesnt really look like barely any contact

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 05:39 AM
  #609
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black
 
F L Y E R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
If you're a Ducks fan reading this thread........


u mad? yeah u mad.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 08:13 AM
  #610
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Obviously everyone can be a little ticked off at the refs for some calls, by my the Ducks board takes it to a whole new level. From the start of the second period every other post either said "another embellishment" or "******* dive!".

Christ, one guy was complaining that Hartnell dove when he took the baseball swing right to the neck
Who friggin' cares what the Ducks fans think? If they care so much they should show up at the rink and not be drowned out by Flyers fans in their own building.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 09:51 AM
  #611
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,399
vCash: 500
I only saw the highlights, but Voracek seemed to go down easily against Getzlaf. I always try to reverse the situation and gauge how upset I'd be if it were against the Flyers, and I'd be pretty ticked. Penalty all the same since Getzlaf's contact made him go down, but you'd think in OT the ref would consider evening it up with a diving call. Getzlaf must have had some pretty salty comments to warrant an extra 2. Like Selanne said in the post-game interview, why not a 10 there?

Anyway, beautiful plays on the tying and winning goals, and very nice to see the Flyers come back after being down by 3.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:06 AM
  #612
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I only saw the highlights, but Voracek seemed to go down easily against Getzlaf. I always try to reverse the situation and gauge how upset I'd be if it were against the Flyers, and I'd be pretty ticked. Penalty all the same since Getzlaf's contact made him go down, but you'd think in OT the ref would consider evening it up with a diving call. Getzlaf must have had some pretty salty comments to warrant an extra 2. Like Selanne said in the post-game interview, why not a 10 there?

Anyway, beautiful plays on the tying and winning goals, and very nice to see the Flyers come back after being down by 3.
It was a weak call, but the Ducks had a powerplay with 1:40 to go in the game that was equally as weak. In my eyes, they both shouldn't have been called, but when they called the first penalty to give the Ducks a shot to win, they had to call the Getzlaf penalty.

That's the thing that I find funny, all the Ducks fans on their board are saying the Flyers were given the game. What they fail to realize is that they had a shot on the powerplay to basically win the game before the refs "gave" the game to the Flyers. They didn't capitalize, the Flyers did.

Also I think Getzlaf's antics earlier in the game led to his extra two minutes. He was beaking off to the refs for the other penalty he got called for. When he did it again, the refs weren't going to take it anymore

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:08 AM
  #613
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
It was a weak call, but the Ducks had a powerplay with 1:40 to go in the game that was equally as week. In my eyes, they both shouldn't have been called, but when they called the first penalty to give the Ducks a shot to win, they had to call the Getzlaf penalty.

That's the thing that I find funny, all the Ducks fans on their board are saying the Flyers were given the game. What they fail to realize is that they had a shot on the powerplay to basically win the game before the refs "gave" the game to the Flyers. They didn't capitalize, the Flyers did.

Also I think Getzlaf's antics earlier in the game led to his extra two minutes. He was beaking off to the refs for the other penalty he got called for. When he did it again, the refs weren't going to take it anymore
I appreciate your counterpoint. The call against the Flyers at the end of the game wasn't on the highlights so I didn't see it to gauge how penalty-worth it was.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:20 AM
  #614
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,329
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Nice. Went to bed it was 2-0. Woke up and they got the win. Wish I actually saw it though. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:25 AM
  #615
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I only saw the highlights, but Voracek seemed to go down easily against Getzlaf. I always try to reverse the situation and gauge how upset I'd be if it were against the Flyers, and I'd be pretty ticked. Penalty all the same since Getzlaf's contact made him go down, but you'd think in OT the ref would consider evening it up with a diving call. Getzlaf must have had some pretty salty comments to warrant an extra 2. Like Selanne said in the post-game interview, why not a 10 there?

Anyway, beautiful plays on the tying and winning goals, and very nice to see the Flyers come back after being down by 3.
A ten minute penalty tacked on a two where the player can be replaced on the ice a minute or so into a five minute OT does nothing and serves little to no purpose to the team... besides not having the use of the player for two minutes and the PIMs added to the players record... It would not in any way deter it from happening in a later game... A player could curse away and get it out of his system without really hurting his team.

Slapping an extra two minutes in the box both sends a message to the player and the team, and actually penalizes them by making them skate shorthanded in a key moment of the game... They called a penalty late in Regulation against the Flyers and a minute into OT against the Duck, and it was right to do so. The call against the Duck could not be expected to be ignored, especially after the late Regulation call against the Flyers to call diving in such a situation is a judgement call that i don't believe would have been fair -- if the Flyers call was not made we could maybe debate it... but to me I don't see a dive -- The call was blatant and any argument was really uncalled for... we do not know what he said to the Official, but my guess is it was over the line. Personally I wouldn't call the extra two if I were the Official unless it was so bad I was forced to make it... one can only assume it was.

In the end I have to believe that the call on the Flyers at the end of Regulation had to weigh heavily in the extra call to the Duck... IMO, if the Flyers were not called for a penalty, the Official swallows the whistle on he extra two; the initial call would be too hard to ignore, but a dive would not... if it was there, and he saw it.

The Ducks fans were frustrated I'm sure... and we would have been also, no doubt... but I really don't see how they could argue the calls without knowing that his remarks were not over the line... I suppose the nine PPs against them made them feel like they were being persecuted; welcome to the World of the Flyers fans, Ducks fans.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:31 AM
  #616
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
It was a weak call, but the Ducks had a powerplay with 1:40 to go in the game that was equally as weak. In my eyes, they both shouldn't have been called, but when they called the first penalty to give the Ducks a shot to win, they had to call the Getzlaf penalty.

That's the thing that I find funny, all the Ducks fans on their board are saying the Flyers were given the game. What they fail to realize is that they had a shot on the powerplay to basically win the game before the refs "gave" the game to the Flyers. They didn't capitalize, the Flyers did.

Also I think Getzlaf's antics earlier in the game led to his extra two minutes. He was beaking off to the refs for the other penalty he got called for. When he did it again, the refs weren't going to take it anymore
I actually wrote my above post prior to seeing this quoted post... I'm glad to see it as it backs up my thoughts... except for the part where I believe both calls were legit, and you feel both were "weak"... The Ducks fans have to look at the entire situation and not cry about the end of the game, and ignore the end of Regulation.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM
  #617
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post


Heres where, according to ducks fans, Perry and Simmonds glide together with barely any contact and simmonds tries to sell a call by not getting up..
Doesnt really look like barely any contact
It's ridiculous. Slow-mo it and you can see Perry is clearly stalking Simmonds w/ the intent to interfere w/ him. His eyes are on Simmonds the entire time while Simmonds is looking back for the puck. Simmonds doesn't brace for impact, while Perry actually coils up to try and lay the boom on him.

That is not "incidental contact". It's called 2 minutes for interference.

That being said, Perry only gets a glancing blow on Simmonds. Perry kind of failed and only makes contact once Simmonds has skated by him (ie. Perry got like 0 of his forward momentum into the hit). It was textbook interference, but I do have to say that Simmonds was embellishing. Once he realized no call was coming, he got right back up and wasn't woozy @ all and had his legs perfectly under him.

As a flyer fan, it also irked me that he (Simmonds) coasted slowly to get his stick and get back into the play and instead thought jawing @ the ref would do something.

When the Perry-Getz-Ryan line is out there and it's basically a powerplay for them (b/c you aren't in the play, Simmonds), that's not cool.

Luckily it worked out fine.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM
  #618
BWAVgal
Believe in Hextall
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 50
It was so funny to hear so many Flyer fans last night. I thought it was hysterical hearing the "Let's go Flyers" chants. The crowd seemed to cheer more when we scored than when the Ducks scored. Great win.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
  #619
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
Nice come from behind victory. We've have 2 or 3 wins and a few comebacks that fell short so far. It didnt seem like much of this was going last year.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:45 PM
  #620
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Kings fan here. Great comeback. Nice to see Schenn out there again. Thanks for giving the Ducks hope, just to snatch it away. It made my night! Ducks fans are a bunch of whiners.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
  #621
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,984
vCash: 50
I am not going to get on Duck fans about whining about the refs. because we have all done our share about whining about the refs after a loss. Ill take the win and move on. God knows there will be games where the refs are "out to get us" or whatever it is that we say about the refs.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:19 PM
  #622
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
A ten minute penalty tacked on a two where the player can be replaced on the ice a minute or so into a five minute OT does nothing and serves little to no purpose to the team... besides not having the use of the player for two minutes and the PIMs added to the players record... It would not in any way deter it from happening in a later game... A player could curse away and get it out of his system without really hurting his team.

Slapping an extra two minutes in the box both sends a message to the player and the team, and actually penalizes them by making them skate shorthanded in a key moment of the game... They called a penalty late in Regulation against the Flyers and a minute into OT against the Duck, and it was right to do so. The call against the Duck could not be expected to be ignored, especially after the late Regulation call against the Flyers to call diving in such a situation is a judgement call that i don't believe would have been fair -- if the Flyers call was not made we could maybe debate it... but to me I don't see a dive -- The call was blatant and any argument was really uncalled for... we do not know what he said to the Official, but my guess is it was over the line. Personally I wouldn't call the extra two if I were the Official unless it was so bad I was forced to make it... one can only assume it was.

In the end I have to believe that the call on the Flyers at the end of Regulation had to weigh heavily in the extra call to the Duck... IMO, if the Flyers were not called for a penalty, the Official swallows the whistle on he extra two; the initial call would be too hard to ignore, but a dive would not... if it was there, and he saw it.

The Ducks fans were frustrated I'm sure... and we would have been also, no doubt... but I really don't see how they could argue the calls without knowing that his remarks were not over the line... I suppose the nine PPs against them made them feel like they were being persecuted; welcome to the World of the Flyers fans, Ducks fans.
I disagree regarding the extra 2. A 10 would have taken Getzlaf out of the game, which would have been a strong negative for the Ducks, considering his stature. Plus, the Flyers would still have had a PP in OT, which is strict enough, IMHO.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:31 PM
  #623
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Just watched the highlights again, and noticed how awesome the last shot and freeze frame are:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=sb:highlights

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.