HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 2.0: Markov out 3+ weeks (minor surgery) Campoli & Spacek practicing

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 08:08 AM
SAKS AVENUE

vCash: 500
I'm a bit confused. With all the blogs, forums, twitter acounts, etc........ there is just too much false information out there to the point even media in valid outlets are picking it up and reporting it as true.

??????? I Don't get it! Everyone wants to be the one to be first. As I understood a week and a half ago Martin stated that Markov was close but WOULD NOT play on the california trip. Everyone speculating started to assume his return would be against the Blue Jackets next week. At what point? (did I miss something?) did that change to Markov has had a set back?

This is crazy. Can we all not be patient and be a bit more positive. Maybe Markov and staff are not rushing him back until it's a 100% to avoid being knocked out his first game back. Isn't that what we all want? How does JM contradict himself saying he would have Markov back yesterday when it was he who said no Markov until.......at least after the California trip.

Where can one go to read the truth? It sure isn't here.

Old
12-03-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
I'm a bit confused. With all the blogs, forums, twitter acounts, etc........ there is just too much false information out there to the point even media in valid outlets are picking it up and reporting it as true.

??????? I Don't get it! Everyone wants to be the one to be first. As I understood a week and a half ago Martin stated that Markov was close but WOULD NOT play on the california trip. Everyone speculating started to assume his return would be against the Blue Jackets next week. At what point? (did I miss something?) did that change to Markov has had a set back?

This is crazy. Can we all not be patient and be a bit more positive. Maybe Markov and staff are not rushing him back until it's a 100% to avoid being knocked out his first game back. Isn't that what we all want? How does JM contradict himself saying he would have Markov back yesterday when it was he who said no Markov until.......at least after the California trip.

Where can one go to read the truth? It sure isn't here.
Agreed...I personally love twitter, been registered for over a year and I think its great. However, too many times, some of these 'reporters' use twitter to pass off their opinions as fact (see Luc Gelinas tweet about Markov returning vs. Ducks).

At the end of the day, it doesn't look like much has changed in terms of his return...no member from the canadiens has expressed that he will be back or was supposed to be back, so to assume that means Markov's had a setback is somewhat of a leap. His visits with his doctor seem to have been pre-planned and more as a precautionnary measure.

Like many here have said, I think Markov will be back at some point in December...whether that next week, or the week after, does it really matter at this point?

Old
12-03-2011, 08:27 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Markov = False Hope = making Hab fans look/feel stupid

Markov = last 3 seasons at 5,75mi/year = 3 more seasons at 5,75mil/year = no results from him = he'll go back to Russia a richer man ($50mil or more in total) without giving anything back to our Habs.

NEXT SEASON...find a way to dump him and his salary...find a top 3-4 dman (not injury prone) who can log a solid 20-21minutes per game...our Habs will be that much better.

Enough with ''some don't remember how good he is'' (there's a reason for this...he has not been there for a long long time...and yes some of us remember how he can play and so what? he never helped our Habs in playoffs...never).
Or, ''he's one of the best dmen when healthy'' (he's never healthy so it doesn't matter how good or overrated he is).

Markov is just milking our Habs for the 5,75mil/year.

To Markov: retire already or go to another team so we can move on without you.
I can't stand the Bruins nor the Leaves...and I'd give him away to either team as long as we find a top 4 dman. Markov will **** up the Bruins or the Leaves the way he is ****ing up our team with this circus waiting distraction.

Markov = False Hope (for the last 3 seasons and 3 more seasons to go...total of 6 seasons of nothing from him).

Give me another Gorges ANYDAY instread of waiting for Markov...season after season.

Markov and ****ing greedy Meehan demanded for 5,75mil/year
**** 'em. They are just ****ing our Habs and Hab fans with false hope...just collecting 5,75mil/year and not doing anything to help our Habs.

This better not happen next season.
Enough is enough. Let Markov go.
We will win once we replace him.
Time to move on.

Price+Subban+Gorges = my Habs.
No Markov = my Habs.
I don't even know what to say...

Then again you live in a world where $5,750,000 x 6 = more than $50,000,000 .. so I guess that explains the post.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Bullsmith

I don't blame the org at all for signing Markov, it was a huge risk and if it goes bust they're out 17.25 million dollars. HOWEVER, I blame them enormously for acting as if signing the guy somehow guaranteed he'd be able to play. Last year they replaced Markov with Wiz. They absolutely had to be prepared to live without him this year too. But the depth in this org is ridiculously one-dimensional. Yes we have a solid group of wingers and a promising group of young puck-moving D. But we don't have anything close to a balanced roster. Hell we don't even have a competitive AHL team.

Signing Markov was proof the team has deep pockets and is willing to spend. I'm still looking for proof the GM is capable of building a competitive team. To me Markov's status isn't really directly relevant to that. If PG's story is he was counting on Markov to make the team a playoff contender, then he's a fool.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
FeelsLike93

"canadiens Pierre Gauthier fera un point de presse dans une heure pour discuter du dossier Andrei Markov. Presser on Markov in an hour."
Per Renaud Lavoie

I got a bad gut feeling, I'm feeling a "Markov had a setback won't return till around xmas time.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
"canadiens Pierre Gauthier fera un point de presse dans une heure pour discuter du dossier Andrei Markov. Presser on Markov in an hour."
Per Renaud Lavoie

I got a bad gut feeling, I'm feeling a "Markov had a setback won't return till around xmas time.
"WHY DOESN'T THE ORGANIZATION TELL US MORE, WHY SO SECRETIVE!!!!11!!"

There you got what you wanted.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
"WHY DOESN'T THE ORGANIZATION TELL US MORE, WHY SO SECRETIVE!!!!11!!"

There you got what you wanted.
Generally speaking right lol? I hope you dont mean 'you' as in me cuz I never said that

Old
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
MarkovsKnee

2nd confirmation of PG press conference from Stubbs. Says PG will update Markov's status at 2:30 p.m. This is obviously a response to the Markov-gate panic that has engulfed the press over the last three days because Markov didn't travel with the team to SJ.

There's also Meehan's comments that he's tired of doing PR for the Habs. lol

We'll see what PG has to say.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:50 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Per Renaud Lavoie

I guess Markov won't be back anytime soon...

Old
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Generally speaking right lol? I hope you dont mean 'you' as in me cuz I never said that
ya i meant "you" in the general sense lol

Old
12-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Andy

My prediction

Gauthier: "Markov is progressing well, as we indicated last week, he would not be playing on the California trip and has not. He had a pre-scheduled appointment which is why he did not accompany the team to San Jose. The doctor's demanded that he engage in rigorous activity to test out his knee after which he was to return for further testing. We cannot give an exact date as to when he will return, but he is progessing as we expected and he should be back soon."

Old
12-03-2011, 12:57 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Per Renaud Lavoie

If markov had a setback, I'm expecting much later than christmas.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:58 PM
FeelsLike93

If we dont get Markov back...fine, just deal with things as they come no need to moan and ***** about it. If PG thinks we still have a shot for the playoffs then trade for a offensive dman/someone to quarterback the powerplay. If he wants to wait the extra time for Markov and keep things the way they are were in big trouble. Best case scenario we pick up the slack and finish 8th maybe 7th then hopefully next year we start re-tooling and cleaning the team up abit

Old
12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
If we dont get Markov back...fine, just deal with things as they come no need to moan and ***** about it. If PG thinks we still have a shot for the playoffs then trade for a offensive dman/someone to quarterback the powerplay. If he wants to wait the extra time for Markov and keep things the way they are were in big trouble. Best case scenario we pick up the slack and finish 8th maybe 7th then hopefully next year we start re-tooling and cleaning the team up abit
This is exactly what we shouldn't do. Keep the picks/assets.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:04 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This is exactly what we shouldn't do. Keep the picks/assets.
I never mentioned what to trade, i dont wanna trade picks/assets either we're low on that enough as it is. I wouldn't know who to trade on the roster without overpaying for what we need but if u can do it you obviously do it.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Bullsmith

They showed a clip of Markov in practice on local CTV last night and he was basically skating on one leg. Walked the blue line and tried to reverse and go back and basically couldn't. Dead stop. Grimace. They seemed to say he hasn't been on the ice since.

If PG's having a press conference either we'll get bad news or we won't get any info at all. The guy's optimism can't really be considered credible.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I never mentioned what to trade, i dont wanna trade picks/assets either we're low on that enough as it is. I wouldn't know who to trade on the roster without overpaying for what we need but if u can do it you obviously do it.
Generally if you're getting an NHL caliber PMD or PP QB from here until the trade deadline, it's from someone who doesn't see their chances at the playoffs as being great. These teams want future assets. We've done it the past x years and if any during year during the current regime would be the wrong year to go out and buy, it's this one.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
''Nothing works on this guy!!'':
you mean I disagree with you on Markov so nothing works on me (what is supposed to work on me? your opinion vs my opinion?). When someone disagrees with you it's automatically ''nothing works on this guy'' (is it because he doesn't agree with you?).

What's the explanation behind Markov getting a Canadian passport?

Does anyone know? Markov himself said he would NEVER EVER play for Canada. Ok. But why the Canadian passport?

For tax purposes? easier to be taxed as a Canadian vs a Russian? (I have no idea, but if anyone knows...please feel free).
Who was the last Russian NHLer to get a Canadian passport? (just to know).

For those who will use ''Mr.Hab just hates Russians''...I have some Eastern European blood in me and I couldn't give a **** about that right now (just like I don't give a **** for a french-Quebecois-coach-only...**** that...the best coach should get the job). What I care about right now is...for Markov to play and play well. If not...get the **** out and let someone else play (somehow find a veteran top 4 dman minute cruncher to help Gorges and Subban).

Stop the distraction...Markov should retire. Oh but wait...he still has to collect $5,75mil this season. Next season. And the season after...

IF Markov ever plays this season...he better get injured before the trade deadline...so as not to screw our Habs. (watch him get injured right after the deadline...neck/jaw/shoulder/ankle/arm/shoulder/wrist,slap-shot to the back of his head,etc....).

Last but not least...Markov is surely dividing Hab fans.
Waiting-for-Markov-forever-is-ok VS fed-up-of-waiting-for-Markov.
For gawd's sake, Markov CAN'T play for Canada. He played for Russia when he was a younger man. Once you play in an IIHF sanctioned tournament at age 19, you can't change countries. Petr Nedved played for the Czechs as a teenager, defected & was able to play for Canada because he was below the age of 19 when all that happened.

PG has a press conference coming up, so we'll see what he has to say about the Markov situation.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:13 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Generally if you're getting an NHL caliber PMD or PP QB from here until the trade deadline, it's from someone who doesn't see their chances at the playoffs as being great. These teams want future assets. We've done it the past x years and if any during year during the current regime would be the wrong year to go out and buy, it's this one.
Ya ur right, this year sadly looks like its gonna continue going on a downward spiral and im usually an optimist when it comes to the habs.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Anyone know if the presser will be televised or if any radio station will have the live audio?

Old
12-03-2011, 01:17 PM

My prediction: Markov's knee is more ****ed up than Forsberg's foot.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:21 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Like Mike Bonne says, it's only the 3rd time this year Pierre Gauthier speaks to the media.

1st was at the golf tournament, 2nd after he fired Pearn.

That suggests he might have something important to announce.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:23 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Like Mike Bonne says, it's only the 3rd time this year Pierre Gauthier speaks to the media.

1st was at the golf tournament, 2nd after he fired Pearn.

He is retiring and will be keeping JM on as his gardener ?

Old
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Or he doesn't and just wants to quiet the crazy speculation.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Another surgery for Markov.

Quote:
@renhockey
Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens Andrei Markov sera opéré une autre fois. Opération mineure. Another surgery. Minor one.
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...49915801665536

Closed Thread