Notices

Irmen back to form...

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2005, 09:16 AM
chaachie12

vCash: 500
Irmen back to form...

Good news Wild fans, Danny Irmen is back. HE scored both goals last night for the Gophers, and looked pretty solid in doing so (even though 1 of the goals was a bit of a lucky goal). It is amazing the difference he is to that team. I think that pick is looking pretty good, I know some raised their eyebrows when the Wild traded up and then picked him over fellow Gopher Ryan Potulny, but I Think Irmen will be the better pro.

To me Danny Irmen is much more gritty than RP, and RP isn't talented enough to rely solely on his skill. I don't think Irmen will ever score 70 points in the NHL, but he should be a solid player, solid person, and a nice foundation piece for this organization.

Old
11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I agree

I'd like to think he'll amount to more than wanvig

even Wooger was talkin about how the kid has all the tools to get to the nhl

Old
11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
I agree, he has a lot of skill. I see second line potential in him.

Old
11-29-2005, 01:58 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
I agree

I'd like to think he'll amount to more than wanvig

even Wooger was talkin about how the kid has all the tools to get to the nhl
The Wooger had a coherent moment and made sense to ya? That must not have been during the MSU game on Saturday ... I watched that one ... he was either just slightly off to incoherent most of the game. Frank had to keep pulling him back to the rink.

Irmen is fab, but the Goofers always seem to look a tad off until March when The Don pulls them together for their NCAA play-off run. I didn't get to watch the Friday game against Michigan, but they looked almost good on several occasions on Saturday, but just couldn't put beautiful pass together with a good finish all game long. Plus the MSU goalie made some good saves.

I personally thought that Irmen was anonymous except for his two flukey goals. At least he took the shots ... ? I'm always worried with any Goofer prospect that they'll never really fulfill their potential and become stars. Is it Lucia's system? I guess the ratio of Gopher grads playing 50 NHL games has to be one of the highest of any college program, but maybe someone more knowledgeable might be able to comment.

The Big E

Old
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
chaachie12

I would say Lucia has had better success than the late Woog years. Leo, Martin, Vanek, Ballard, etc. are all legit players or prospects.

The Gopher looked real good on Friday, the best they have looked so far this year, in my opinion. This team will be dangerous in March.

Closed Thread