HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 2.0: Markov out 3+ weeks (minor surgery) Campoli & Spacek practicing

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
When he does finally come back, he won't take too long to make people forget about the painful wait we had to go through to get him back, and the rest of his contract will be everyone looking back and saying that everyone else overreacted when in fact there were only a select few who didn't.
Unfortunately most of us will be 10 years older!

Old
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Maliki2

Minimum of 3 weeks or so (years???)......BAHAHAHA!

Old
gusfring

Read Marc de Foys article on PG. time to move this into the 21st century.

Old
Ross MacLochness

I'm not one of those people who are all doom and gloom when it comes to Markov. He could come back in January and be almost the same player he was before. His game has never been about speed or shiftiness. He could be a 65 point D man next year very easily. Anyone who claims they know his career is over or that he'll never be the same is 100% FULL OF ****. Period. End of story.

What's really worrisome is this season. Unless the team pulls some miracles out of their ass the next month this season is pretty much down the drain. Nothing they've shown thus far proves they can compete with any sort of consistency.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...d=66&id=139534

Old
TheGoalJudge

So it's just an arthroscopic surgery? And people are saying his career is over?

LOL.

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I'm not one of those people who are all doom and gloom when it comes to Markov. He could come back in January and be almost the same player he was before. His game has never been about speed or shiftiness. He could be a 65 point D man next year very easily. Anyone who claims they know his career is over or that he'll never be the same is 100% FULL OF ****. Period. End of story.

What's really worrisome is this season. Unless the team pulls some miracles out of their ass the next month this season is pretty much down the drain. Nothing they've shown thus far proves they can compete with any sort of consistency.
So people who have heard this **** story are wrong but those who keep holding off hope and more hope are right?!?

Old
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700

Not only Gomez is eating all of our cap space, but our best D and top paid D is out for half the season at least.

Keep calm and CAREY on. ( the only hope )

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Don't you agree that the cure for "inexperienced" is to give Emelin more experience?

Not a 2nd D for a vet please. Not even Gill, and one of Diaz/Weber has to go. Markov very possiblly won't play this season, we have to accept that but not panic. Fire PG for the contract, while firing Martin
Oh, I agree with that. I was happy with this defensive core for the most part going into the season, I just wish we had a well rounded veteran who could play more than Spacek. The sad thing about Emelin is that he could use Markov more than anyone else.

Old
Forsead

Hate, Fear, Chaos

Old
12-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

We can look at it optimistically by looking at seriously injured players that came back like Lemieux or Koivu. But we need to not forget that Markov's knee could be totalled like Gord Kluzak's or Bobby Orr's even if arthroscopic technology has improved since then...

Truth is we just don't know where this is gonna go...

I was supportive with the move of resigning Markov. I assumed the club had done the proper medical due diligence... The only justifiable excuse for what's unfolding right now is that's a very low probability worst case scenario when he was signed has unfortunately arisen.

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Oh, I agree with that. I was happy with this defensive core for the most part going into the season, I just wish we had a well rounded veteran who could play more than Spacek. The sad thing about Emelin is that he could use Markov more than anyone else.
Dr. Emelin is calling!

Old
Rutabaga

I'd like to say that the procedure we're talking about is really minor.
The overreaction is absolutely hysterical.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:

Yeah and Scott Gomez could be a 20 goal man, 65 points he played 8 seasons and only pass 60 once , never reached 65 and he will come back at 33 after missing 2 years and finally have his career year

Old
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

Habs sign Andrei Markov to a three-year contract
Thursday, 23.06.2011 / 7:50 PM / News
canadiens.com
PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced today the signing of defenseman Andrei Markov to a three-year contract (2011-12 to 2013-14). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

“We are very pleased that Andrei has made the decision to pursue his career with the Montreal Canadiens. A player drafted and developed by our organization, Andrei brings a high level of talent and leadership to our team. We look forward to having him back in our lineup for the start of the upcoming season,” said Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
We can look at it optimistically by looking at seriously injured players that came back like Lemieux or Koivu. But we need to not forget that Markov's knee could be totalled like Gord Kluzak's or Bobby Orr's even if arthroscopic technology has improved since then...

Truth is we just don't know where this is gonna go...

I was supportive with the move of resigning Markov. I assumed the club had done the proper medical due diligence... The only justifiable excuse for what's unfolding right now is that's a very low probability worst case scenario when he was signed has unfortunately arisen.
Apparently that low probablility was much higher than most of us were told about. Since this fiasco has started I was cautious. I think the fans were lied to about this. This was obviously much worse than we were told. And now it is showing. Markov should have been signed to a one year contract to see how if he would return and how it would be. Just like Josh was. Now we are doing to live with this fiasco for years. I can see surgery after surgery coming...and the management claiming that he is trying to fix the problem.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Habs sign Andrei Markov to a three-year contract
Thursday, 23.06.2011 / 7:50 PM / News
canadiens.com
PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced today the signing of defenseman Andrei Markov to a three-year contract (2011-12 to 2013-14). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

“We are very pleased that Andrei has made the decision to pursue his career with the Montreal Canadiens. A player drafted and developed by our organization, Andrei brings a high level of talent and leadership to our team. We look forward to having him back in our lineup for the start of the upcoming season,” said Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier.
Yeah imagine that. Lies!

Old
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
When he does finally come back, he won't take too long to make people forget about the painful wait we had to go through to get him back, and the rest of his contract will be everyone looking back and saying that everyone else overreacted when in fact there were only a select few who didn't.
Sounds like the ending of a fairy tale...

Go Habs Go !!!

Old
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
How so? Management said he would miss a few games before the season and we are now 28 games in and he's not close to coming back.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Love the sugar coating of 3 weeks by Gauthier, just a clean up. Pffft! Yeah right!!!!

Old
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
It's a minor surgery, it's really something that players go through all the time. My concern is that we reached the year mark and Markov still is having a lot of swelling and discomfort. It sounds like the surgery was successful, but it's still possible his knee will never be the same.

It's all speculation either way, but Markov wouldn't be the first player to be unable to fight off a knee injury.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Love the sugar coating of 3 weeks by Gauthier, just a clean up. Pffft! Yeah right!!!!
THAT is the problem.

Gauthier still thinks he talking to Ducks fans/

Quote:
It's a minor surgery, it's really something that players go through all the time. My concern is that we reached the year mark and Markov still is having a lot of swelling and discomfort. It sounds like the surgery was successful, but it's still possible his knee will never be the same.

It's all speculation either way, but Markov wouldn't be the first player to be unable to fight off a knee injury.
We're heading for THIS

Quote:
Gauthier started out in the NHL working for the Quebec Nordiques in various scouting roles from 1981 to 1993.[1]

From 1993 to 1995, he was the Assistant general manager for the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. He left this position in 1995 to become the third general manager of the Ottawa Senators, signing a five-year contract. His time with Ottawa coincided with a turnaround in the team's fortunes. After the 1997–98 season he left his contract early, citing family issues, saying he would take time off to explore life away from hockey. Seventeen days later he was re-hired by the Ducks where he served as president and general manager.[2][1] He was fired in 2002 after Anaheim missed the playoffs for three consecutive seasons.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 12-03-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: merge
Old
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Emelin has #46, he can pick up contract tips. Brutal all-round the Markov situation. Spacek over Gill, better would be play Gill only on pen kill.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM
NotProkofievian

After collecting my thoughts on this:

If it is just arthroscopic surgery, then yall need to calm the **** down. It's actually quite possible that this is a routine follow up procedure.

I know HarryI is a doctor, what are his thoughts on this?

...and no, just because you had a surgery on your knee, does not make you some kind of ****ing expert on the matter.

Old
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Skarjak

I still don't understand why we didn't sign Wiz. Our powerplay would be way more dangerous with him, and he would probably be an upgrade in terms of defensive skill compared to our current lineup. We'd probably have more even strength goals also. And we'd have a killer D once Markov comes back.

Not enough space? I don't care, you trade someone or dump Gomez in the AHL and you make it happen.

We bleed so much talent, you'd think this is Florida...

Closed Thread