HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #12

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 03:41 PM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Let's just hope he's not going to the Pens.

Old
12-03-2011, 04:43 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

Yea, he comes off as an *******, but he does get things right here and there.
Well we can't afford him...Unless they take Briere+, Hartnell++, Timonen+, etc. I'd rather just stand pat right now then give that up. But it'd be bad if the division teams got him

Old
12-03-2011, 05:10 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Well we can't afford him...Unless they take Briere+, Hartnell++, Timonen+, etc. I'd rather just stand pat right now then give that up. But it'd be bad if the division teams got him
Aren't the PENS and RAGS tight against the cap?

I wonder how much they would have to give up to get Iginla?

Old
12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Aren't the PENS and RAGS tight against the cap?

I wonder how much they would have to give up to get Iginla?
All 4 of his listed teams are. Although I think that LA has the easiest pieces to move via trade. Not sure what Calgary would be looking for, but LA could move (dump) Mitchell, Penner, and Stoll, and free up about $10 million right there.

Flyers would have the same problem as making a move for Ryan. We need defense first right now, but tough to pass up a chance at Iggy, and our easiest pieces to move are...more defense.

So not only would each of the 4 teams have to send up equal or greater amount of cap space (though Calgary isn't exactly near the cap floor themselves), I'm sure Calgary would be looking for a plethora of picks/prospects to juice up their abysmal prospect pool.

So what would you move for a 34 year old scoring power forward? He's got two years left. Schenn, Voracek, Meszaros, Walker (dump), pick(s)? Try to keep Schenn and add more high picks?

Old
12-03-2011, 08:53 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Here is the realignment proposal going to the owners on Monday:

Conference 1:
LA
ANA
SJ
VAN
CGY
EDM
COL
PHX

Conference 2:
CBJ
DET
WPG
CHI
STL
DAL
NSH
MIN

Conference 3:
TOR
OTT
MTL
BUF
BOS
FLA
TB

Conference 4:
PHI
PIT
NYR
NYI
NJ
WSH
CAR

3 & 4 are the 'eastern conferences,' having 7 teams each, leaving a spot open for relocation/expansion.

Took this image from the business board

Last edited by GKJ: 12-04-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old
12-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Kaktus*

Teams clearly have no respect for Sabres and Miller.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Teams clearly have no respect for Sabres and Miller.
Maybe we have a suitor for Shelley AND Walker

Old
12-03-2011, 11:40 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Derick Brassard most likely will be getting traded, his agent absolutely slammed Scott Arniel about being benched and playing time

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html
Pierre Maguire pointed out that Allan Walsh (the agent) has made similar public remarks about Jaroslav Halak and Martin Havlat, and both were subsequently traded. Walsh knows how to get his clients moved out of what they feel are unfavourable teams/circumstances.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:49 PM
mirimon

Matt Moulson had four goals tonight. Also of note in that game is that Eric Nystrom had his tenth goal of the season. Last year he played in every game for the Wild, and only managed to find the net four times.

Good pickup for Dallas.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
lancer247

Has there been anything said about Betts situation? Can his knee be rehabbed?

Any chance he comes off the LTIR if Coots hits a wall later in the season or if the Flyers look for vet with some playoff experience? He isn't great but for $700,000 and he wouldn't cost the Flyers any assets.

just curious.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Did you know that Mike Richards is outscoring opposition powerplays 2-1.

1 goal scored against him on 60+ PP's, 2 SHG for.

Thats pretty insane.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Has there been anything said about Betts situation? Can his knee be rehabbed?

Any chance he comes off the LTIR if Coots hits a wall later in the season or if the Flyers look for vet with some playoff experience? He isn't great but for $700,000 and he wouldn't cost the Flyers any assets.

just curious.
I might be in the minority here but I believe Betts is as good as done. He was terribly slow in the preseason(knee injuries) and probably will take a while to get back into game shape, etc. I remember hearing that the rehab would take a good amount of time when his knees were discussed. I just think it's time to move forward with the players we have. And I know it's shelley and Rinaldo. Betts has just been beaten up way too much over the last two years I think.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Did you know that Mike Richards is outscoring opposition powerplays 2-1.

1 goal scored against him on 60+ PP's, 2 SHG for.

Thats pretty insane.
That is indeed insane.

And wow, that new Atlantic-ish division would have it really easy for travel

12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'd be psyched on this, but the FL teams get kind of screwed. I guess they are going to have to though unless they break up the Atlantic, which would suck. Maybe stick PITT and CAR in that middle conference and put the florida teams in the Flyers' conference. This is the best model I have seen so far. I hope they go back to naming the divisions or conferences or whatever they call them.

Gretzky, Howe, Hull, LaFleur divisions? Too recent? Maybe some founding fathers?

Old
12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd be psyched on this, but the FL teams get kind of screwed. I guess they are going to have to though unless they break up the Atlantic, which would suck. Maybe stick PITT and CAR in that middle conference and put the florida teams in the Flyers' conference. This is the best model I have seen so far. I hope they go back to naming the divisions or conferences or whatever they call them.

Gretzky, Howe, Hull, LaFleur divisions? Too recent? Maybe some founding fathers?
We should avoid that because I could easily see them naming ours the Lemieux Division

Old
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
FLA and TB owners appear to be on-board with this--its a ton of revenue from temporarily transplanted Canadian "snowbirds."

The other option, essentially, is to lose PIT to the "old" NE and gain the two FLA teams...

Old
12-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
FLA and TB owners appear to be on-board with this--its a ton of revenue from temporarily transplanted Canadian "snowbirds."

The other option, essentially, is to lose PIT to the "old" NE and gain the two FLA teams...
Just move Winnipeg to the west and either Nashville or Columbus to the east.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
While the teams in the East would likely be absolutely fine with that, it leaves gaping holes in the West. Have you seen Dallas's travel schedule? What about Phoenix's long-term future?

I think they want to find a fix that preserves some degree of flexibility to tweak the system later (shift PHX/QC to the east) without having to do another wholesale rearrange.

Any plan needs at least 20 votes--and the 15 teams in the West see this as an opportunity to fix long-standing inequities in the league schedule.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
mirimon

Pretty decent article about Boogaard from the NYTimes

Old
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
While the teams in the East would likely be absolutely fine with that, it leaves gaping holes in the West. Have you seen Dallas's travel schedule? What about Phoenix's long-term future?

I think they want to find a fix that preserves some degree of flexibility to tweak the system later (shift PHX/QC to the east) without having to do another wholesale rearrange.

Any plan needs at least 20 votes--and the 15 teams in the West see this as an opportunity to fix long-standing inequities in the league schedule.
Wouldn't it make some sense to shift Colorado and Winnipeg there though. It would make Dallas a little less screwed travel wise, and the Colorado-Detroit rivalry could perhaps pick up again, while I assume Winnipeg wouldn't mind being in the same division as Edmonton and Calgary.

Old
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
It wouldn't fly. Too many owners want to restructure. There needs to be 20 votes to approve, I'd be shocked this didn't have all 15 in the bag.

Flyers and Penguins will be satisfied that they have each other. I know it's become a good rivalry, but I don't know why Snider was so adamant about keeping the Penguins around. For the first 30+ years of Flyers Hockey we were perfectly fine without them. Regardless, that's 17 of the 20 they need. Sounds like the Florida teams are on board, so that's 19 of the 20. So, of the 11 teams remaining, find 9 who will say no.

I don't like divisional playoffs in the first two rounds. They want to make winning the division mean something, when it shouldn't mean anything. I like rivalries with the Leafs, Habs, Bruins, etc, and I want them to come here more than once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Wouldn't it make some sense to shift Colorado and Winnipeg there though. It would make Dallas a little less screwed travel wise, and the Colorado-Detroit rivalry could perhaps pick up again, while I assume Winnipeg wouldn't mind being in the same division as Edmonton and Calgary.
Talk was that Winnipeg doesn't care either way. They either get the western Canadian rivalries again, or stay in a division in their time zone. For a franchise that's probably at the back of the line when it comes to power, they're in a good spot.

Last edited by GKJ: 12-05-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old
12-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Jack de la Hoya

So I wanted to tune in to this PIT-BOS game tonight, but I find myself with a predicament-- Errey-Steigerwald or Edwards-Brickley.

Sophie's choice....

Old
Kaktus*

Cannot decide what I am going to watch. Pens or Ranger.

Old
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
We should avoid that because I could easily see them naming ours the Lemieux Division
Ugh, yeah. I could see that. They'd probably just skip right over Lemieux and go with the Crosby, Letang, Fleury, and Bylsma divisions.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Krishna

Whats the game on versus tonight? phoenix and chicago?

Closed Thread