HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #26 Kings v. Canadiens, 12/3/11 - Post Game LOSS, Thoughts & Tidbits

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
sweatypickle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Murray's had quite a while to figure it out. Have you seen any evidence of him changing his philosophy or strategy since he joined the team? What is the chance that he will now after all these years?
It's actually going backwards... He's always refused to adapt but the personnel has now changed. We lost the most vital players to play Terry Murray hockey (Zues, Simmons, Smyth, Fro) and refuse(d) to put the ones that can (Hunter, Poni, Fro) in positions to succeed.. The primary complaint is the "excuse reliance" and zero accountability to the "core". I'm all for low scoring, defensive games but we're still spinning our wheels...

Old
12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I agree that a coaching change is needed, but I disagree that the problem with this team is more Lombardi's problem than Murray's which is what you had originally stated.
I think there is a disconnect to how you believe a business is run. If you are a floor manager at a retail store, and your employees are performing poorly and have been for quite sometime. Sure it is the floor manager's problem to try to turn it around, but the health of the store is the store/district manager's responsibility. Lombardi's job description includes hiring and firing coaches. The only reason Murray is here is because of Lombardi and the only way Murray can leave is in the hands of Lombardi. Ultimately, this is Lombardi's team, only ownership surpasses his word. If you agree that a coaching change is needed, then you have already admitted that this is a Lombardi problem, not a Murray problem. The ball is in Lombardi's court now. It is the GM's responsibility to act, Murray isn't going to resign and that responsibility obviously doesn't rest on his own shoulders.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

lets all just go to In n' out and eat our sorrows away with a nice thick burger.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:03 PM
sweatypickle

by the way... we are officially last in 5on5 goals per game...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:05 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
by the way... we are officially last in 5on5 goals per game...
So are you saying scoring a PP goal in that game would have....sucked??

Old
12-03-2011, 06:05 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
lets all just go to In n' out and eat our sorrows away with a nice thick burger.
does In n' Out serve hard liquor?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Williams was awful, Kopitar not much better. Gagne just average, and hit a post.

Doughty continues to look great for a few minutes and then goes back to looking like he doesn't have a clue.

Congrats to Bernier, he played a strong game.

You could smell this one coming a mile away, but it was a game that should have been won by the Kings in any case. They better come ready to play Tuesday or the Ducks are going to hand them their *****.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
So are you saying scoring a PP goal in that game would have....sucked??
how did you foster that conclusion?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:08 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
how did you foster that conclusion?
Pointing out that we are last in 5 on 5, as if it's the only way to score for some reason...that's all...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:10 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Some of us can't make it to an In 'N Out from where we are.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Colt.45Orr

Subban is a disgusting diver, eh?

Now you can see why Bruins fans hate him --it isn't a he' good/respect/hate him thing.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Pointing out that we are last in 5 on 5, as if it's the only way to score for some reason...that's all...
Again, 5-on-5 scoring is more important to a team's long term success than power play scoring is.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:17 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Again, 5-on-5 scoring is more important to a team's long term success than power play scoring is.
LOL so is killing penalties, and goals against,

Seriously, you have taken 5 years, and cherry picked a stat that looks good, and make it out to be the be-all end-all of the game,

By you, I don't mean, you....just in case you were wondering...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:21 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
baiting aside, the disdain of it's importance, let alone the numerous other noted points is clearly cause for discussion...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

Seriously, you have taken 5 years, and cherry picked a stat that looks good, and make it out to be the be-all end-all of the game,

It may not be, but to be last in the league in the area where you spend the majority of your playing time...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Subban is a disgusting diver, eh?

Now you can see why Bruins fans hate him --it isn't a he' good/respect/hate him thing.
Insult to injury--he got away with a stick-breaking hack 2 inches from the ref only minutes later.

Add that to the faux-tough-guy act, and yeah, I see it. I like when he got his stick up on Brown, and when Brown turned around to face him, Subban tapped him like "good job"

Old
12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

when Sjmay talks theres always a problem, is he always wrong lol.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
outofrange

Quote:

Isn't it tiring for you to be "right" all the time? When the majority of posters are always refuting things that you consider to be "right", it must be a lonely place to be. The only guy on this board that is always so in tune with what is going on with the Kings and how that gosh darn sport of hockey is played.

I'm sorry for speaking out mods, but I'm sick and tired of being told that all of our opinions and observations are wrong in a condescending way.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Cruel11
Harley Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Insult to injury--he got away with a stick-breaking hack 2 inches from the ref only minutes later.

Add that to the faux-tough-guy act, and yeah, I see it. I like when he got his stick up on Brown, and when Brown turned around to face him, Subban tapped him like "good job"
Haha, saw too. He was probably "hey, you wanna go?!" Then he noticed it's Brown, "aahhh forget it man, good job!"

Old
12-03-2011, 06:28 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
It may not be, but to be last in the league in the area where you spend the majority of your playing time...
Agreed,

The thing that is missing in this discussion though is the process...

Meaning, if the Kings weren't getting the chances, there would be cause for major alarms, and at times, that is the case.

Lately, not so much, Price played a helluva game, the Montreal D played solid positional hockey, and LA hit two posts, and couldn't bury the chances they got.

That indicates there is a problem finishing the chances, not getting them, and that's a much much easier problem to have than not generating the chances...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:31 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
when Sjmay talks theres always a problem, is he always wrong lol.
he's one of the few that discuss the x's and o's... quibbles and siding between posters does not make him "wrong"...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Wanted to add to this,

Being last on 5-5 on scoring means nothing right now, would anyone have had a problem if the Kings had an amazing night and went 4-6 on the PP and won 4-2, despite not scoring any 5-5 goals?

Didn't think so,

I don't recall the majority calling the 5-5 scoring into question when they beat SJ 2-0, and FLA 2-1,

Sure, it's nice to be able to score 5-5 more than they are now, but again, to my last post, that speaks more about finishing the chances they generate...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Haha, saw too. He was probably "hey, you wanna go?!" Then he noticed it's Brown, "aahhh forget it man, good job!"
did they do the diver club secret handshake too?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:34 PM
sjmay*

Do people think Subban dived on that play? I thought it was more of a really poor decision made by Williams than a dive...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:39 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
I like when he got his stick up on Brown, and when Brown turned around to face him, Subban tapped him like "good job"
I saw that too. Pretty funny.

Closed Thread