If the Captain keeps up this whining...

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Just drop a few people Joe. When he was speared last night he should have just snatched that little $h!t up, imprinted his knuckles on his teeth and forehead, taken the five or seven and go on. All of the great tough guy players have to fight 10-12 times a year to keep people honest. It is the law of the west. No stick work Joe, just fist city baby.

Someone have Neely call Joe and let him know what an @$$ whippen does for all of the clutchers and grabbers around the league. Especially the softie Euro panzies that now litter the NHL landscape.

BK

11-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Eat It

The last couple of years, Joe's been way too passive with his physical game. He'll use his size and strength to protect the puck, but never to line somebody up. I think if he initiated alot more of the physical play he'd find much more room out there than he does now whining about having to work through checks. He's a much better player with a mean streak and retaliating roughing penalties aren't mean but childish. There's a way to play tough and he's got to get there to step his game up to where we all like to think he should be.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:51 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
hey, i enjoy reading your thoughts normally. but what's with that? "if he's going to be held, tackled, tied up he's going to have to get over it?" Why the #$#@ should he have to 'get over it'. it's calls that are CONSTANTLY being called against US...yet WE should just bend over and take it? BS...the league needs to smarten up. i dont think any player i've seen "takes it" like joe does...but unfortunately our team hurts because HE DONT WHINE, *****, DIVE...where someone got that idea from i dont know. he REFUSES to go down, takes matters into his own hands RATHER THEN *****ES. the officials are pansy a$$ed ba$tards who play to the crowd and it's a farce most times IMO. what penalty call today was there when the commentators said "They never even had their hand up until a minute later. The crowd called that one". officiating blew bigtime today...pittsburgh and montreal...play in either place and expect the very worse. it's like the NESN guys were saying "we just want CONSISTENCY". they can hold the hell outta joe all they want...or murray...knuble...but if we look at 'player x' the wrong way its a "unsportsmanlike" penalty. i mean honestly...think about it this way...we're winning and controlling the game all the way 2-0...and yet we're the ones taking the penalties??? isnt is supposed to be the team thats on it's heals that takes the majority of the calls? let me just add that 9 out of 10 times joe takes a penalty it's because someone on the other $#@#ing team SHOULD'VE taken one but it was'nt called and he took matters into his own hands.
I think it sucks not because its Joe but it ruins the game- I thought the refs were horrible and I mentioned this in Broons thread and every Penguins poster in the world attacked me for being a poor sport. Heck, I had the game on the radio and TV as I was in and out of room and both Brick and Beers (who try and are objective imo) said the refs were horrible. I thought the Gill penatly was the worst; but back to Joe- whats he going to do? quit? read my quote immediately after the game. I thought their should have been matching penalties at worst. If they don't call it he's just going to have to play more out in the perimeter or start falling like Allison used to or he's in for a long season.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:44 PM
Neely4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
Hey Bud lets use one of JOHNNY V analogy

Say one day I decide to kidnap JOSE THEODORE, and hold him down my cellar until the B'S beat the Habs in a playoff series. Now I get caught and the judge sends me to the junction for a dime, Now some big animal is chasing around the shower.What do I do? I throw down and pull his eye's out. or let him have
his way with me.I don't go around looking for a guy to fight my battles or whining to the guards or ref's. Now lets get back to JOE, he has to drop his gloves and ragdoll someone to send a message, like Cam Neely. One player summed Cam up if you fought him he'd try to kill you... He had murder in his eye's......
Johnny V! LOL... That's one way to put it! Good stuff as usual...
Where ya been hidin' ...I thought they kidnapped you on the habs board!

Old
11-02-2003, 02:51 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
The last couple of years, Joe's been way too passive with his physical game. He'll use his size and strength to protect the puck, but never to line somebody up. I think if he initiated alot more of the physical play he'd find much more room out there than he does now whining about having to work through checks. He's a much better player with a mean streak and retaliating roughing penalties aren't mean but childish. There's a way to play tough and he's got to get there to step his game up to where we all like to think he should be.

That the way EAT IT, great post ...

Old
11-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
I know it cost us a goal, but when the little puke speared him in the chest and Joe dropped him with one punch (with a glove on no less) I still think its a good move in the grand scheme of things. Joe plays best with an edge. I understand discipline, but how many times does a Forsberg let someone get the best of him. Ask Brendan Shanahan about that. Shanny was beating on Forsberg all game long once until Peter had enough of it and boarded him face first into a gap in the glass. Bloodied him good, cost him some minutes, but the wings stayed away from him for the rest of the game.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:32 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely4Ever
Johnny V! LOL... That's one way to put it! Good stuff as usual...
Where ya been hidin' ...I thought they kidnapped you on the habs board!

Well Buddy, I've been laying low for a while in fear that I may get banned
:p

Closed Thread