What a wild 4 days in Broons land

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 10:25 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
What a wild 4 days in Broons land

It hasn't even been 100 hours- but after a pathetic performance against the expansion lineup Habs, and a dagger to the heart from the Building 19 Pens, Bruin Nation is not only angry but appears to be turning their angst to Joe Thornton. Wow. I've also been called arogant, a rube, and clueless for my posts (apparently other teams visiting don't yet realize DKH stands for Don't Know Hockey) this week; To make matters even worse Raycroft looked slow on the draw; Big Joe and Murray have scored the same as our second round pick from this draft after a dozen games (am I the only one who thought that would happen when they announced Bergeron's name on draft day*roll eyes face*)...our exciting Flying Sergei's haven't scored in three games although I thought they looked pretty good yesterday, but, maybe I'm dillusional too...

Its a long season- and probably the last one for awhile so lets chill. Hey, we could be the Leafs, Habs, Pens or Rangers- three teams with no chance and with either no prospects or overrated- the Rangers can't even be classified they are so pathetic. (I just guarnteed a Ranger win against the Broons didn't I?)

Anyways? Trade Joe?- no way, no how. He was the best player on the ice the first 40 minutes. What he needs is to deal with the holding and clutching and grabbing. And if the refs aren't going to call it then do it back. I'd assume it would go both ways most nights.

I'm more concerned with how hockey is becoming soccer. What ever happened to the 6-5 game with 3 fights? That game against Montreal even if the Broons won was the worst piece of crap I've seen since???? oh, Carolina the week before.

If the league does go out I hope they come back with slightly bigger nets because tweeking the goalie equipment and calling obstruction ain't getting it done. I can see why Lemieux quit for 3 years.

The game is great but the ways its played now with career coaches who figure every way to suck the offense out of the game; goalies with more protection than a swat member, and constant muggings are going to turn people off.

Old
11-02-2003, 10:36 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
sorry had to correct/edit my post as my kid and friends came in about 5 times bored and looking for something to do- yah, lets all hop in the car and go to playland- not. Simple solution kids- learn the nuances of NFL football. Learn to understand the nickel package and 3-4 before your 10 and it'll make things so much easier when you get older. Yesh....I'm taking one of my kids to the Thanksgiving game and another to the Pens game and will be sitting a couple of seats next to goal judge so when I post how the Pens resemble an average Division III team in Northern Arizona they will have someone to give the bird to. (hey, I like Orpik, Whitney and Malone's old man so leave me alone :moon: )

Old
11-02-2003, 11:35 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
I agree DKH, it's time to chill out, we were spoiled last season by a hot start. Every team goes through spurts where they aren't playing good, and it's only 12 games in so I am sure the Bruins will snap out of this funk and get back to winning games.

Old
11-02-2003, 12:57 PM
nhlbruin

My thoughts exactly!
Well put, DKH.

Trade Joe? Jump ship? Come on, people!!! It's November 2, not April 2!

Old
11-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Tim O'Reilly

I don't think we should trade Joe, in fact I think 99% of the board feels that way, BUT: I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a team to put a solid 60 minute effort together for at least two games in a row. To drop that game to Montreal Thursday playing the way we did, and then closing the store yesterday after two periods vs the Pens ain't gonna cut it.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:52 PM
billybruin

Send a message via Yahoo to billybruin
Jim Rome??

Closed Thread