HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And the Oscar goes to .... *fake suspense*... Carey Price. Habs win 2-1

Old
12-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
A. Kost is growing on me, he has been since last year somewhat. He's never gonna be what we expected him to be but he can be relied for 20-25 goals a year and doesn't shy away from physical contact. Might be a little streaky sometimes but that's true of any goal scorer and he's often victimized by the coach, which can't be helpful at times.

As long he doesn't ask more than Gionta, I see no problem to give him a 3-4-5 year contract.
Me neither...

AK 46 has been a very good player for us, as a whole. I am HOPING that he's going to stay for a few more years... He's still has a bit more untapped potential I think he's just starting to unlock now.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
crakced

Brief thoughts from a western canadian trip...

D is still weak, I yearn for the return of Spacek, Campoli, .....Markov. And I expect them to return in that order. That said, good to see a decrease in ice time for Gill. Gill is PK warrior, but we need puck movers. Bothe Diaz and Emelin are better than him. If I have to pick one....it's Emelin. Quite simply, he is getting better the more he plays

Forwards...we need Max back. This road trip again proves we are too small on forward. We need to play Eller more. Need to play him in bigger situations. He is up and down right now, but he can dominate the puck like few other players we have!!

crakced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
AK had a solid game! Very happy!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
edit

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:55 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Is it me or Price kinda looks tired of the triple low five? He's like 'yeah whatever man!'...
They tone down the triple-low-five on the road.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
They tone down the triple-low-five on the road.
By bringing it up to a triple-mid-five

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:45 AM
NotProkofievian

Triple-low-five is the new Shake n' Bake.

...SHAKE N' BAKE!!!!!

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Quick stats: PK is 5th among players with the most penalties drawn. Jeff Skinner's first (Trololol).

PK is also 8th in the league in total time on ice.

And Josh Gorges leads the league in blocked shots. Hal Gill comes in third. Among defensemen, Gorges sits 6th in plus/minus (Ryan McDonagh's 7th)

Among defensemen, Alexei Emelin is currently 5th in the league in hits.
Andrei Kostitsyn is tied for 5th in the league in game winning goals and has played less games than all players with the same or more GWG.

His play tonight was inkeeping with his career stats against the Kings, he played well and was productive. He is now a PPG against them in his career.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:25 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Quick stats: PK is 5th among players with the most penalties drawn. Jeff Skinner's first (Trololol).

PK is also 8th in the league in total time on ice.

And Josh Gorges leads the league in blocked shots. Hal Gill comes in third. Among defensemen, Gorges sits 6th in plus/minus (Ryan McDonagh's 7th)

Among defensemen, Alexei Emelin is currently 5th in the league in hits.
wow. impressive. future looks good indeed

@ ronswanson: injuries suck i know, but you're not gonna get sympathy in that regard from this board...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Dekar

I just want to meet Evelyne Audet.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Did you enjoy that taste of a playoff spot? Both the caps and sens just leap-frogged us. Back into 10th place.
Focus your sleepy eyes on the standings. How many teams are comfortably ahead of the Habs? Remember when the Caps were 7-0 and seemingly uncatchable? Now they're scrambling for a playoff spot along with the Sens, who also started well. It's winter and the Leafs are falling. The Habs were 15th in the East but are now at .500. If they were leapfrogged yesterday, it was a VERY short leap. I'm confident they'll be ahead of at least two more teams by the end of January.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Focus your sleepy eyes on the standings. How many teams are comfortably ahead of the Habs? Remember when the Caps were 7-0 and seemingly uncatchable? Now they're scrambling for a playoff spot along with the Sens, who also started well. It's winter and the Leafs are falling. The Habs were 15th in the East but are now at .500. If they were leapfrogged yesterday, it was a VERY short leap. I'm confident they'll be ahead of at least two more teams by the end of January.
We just need to get freaking healthy and I'm confident we can challenge the top 4-5 spots.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
AK had a solid game! Very happy!
He's been strong all year. Once again one of our more productive players. It still baffles me that a ton of guys get more ice time than him and are less productive.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:06 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's been strong all year. Once again one of our more productive players. It still baffles me that a ton of guys get more ice time than him and are less productive.
i'd be curious to see what his 5on5 TOI is compared to others, considering he plays minimal PP and no PK

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i'd be curious to see what his 5on5 TOI is compared to others, considering he plays minimal PP and no PK
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce

4th amongst forwards, pretty much identical to Pacioretty and Cammalleri.

He should be getting more PP time though.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We just need to get freaking healthy and I'm confident we can challenge the top 4-5 spots.
And JM fired. JM has likely lost Gomez, Weber, Subban and a couple of others.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Protest the Hero

I've noticed that if AK has the puck on his stick for more than ~2-3 seconds, he'll do almost whatever he wants with it, but when he has it less than that, if he's pressured, he'll bobble it more. I wish he'd get the puck in stride some more too, his first few strides aren't the quickest.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
habtastic

I made a defense of two players since the start of the season:
Gomez and AK.

I have yet to be right of Gomez (he's played well but not up to his potential) and AK bashers are as usual fading. Some "Habs fan" I met at a dept. Christmas party said the following when I said "Can you believe they didn't put Kostitsyn in the shootout?", "Kostitsyn is useless, he's terrible, shows up for a game or two."

This is the textbook negative opinion of AK and I bet he barely watches the team (I live in Waterloo now so I doubt he has RDS). The media stuff really does trickle down to the semi-fans. Anyone watching this season would know that he's an incredible goal scorer, hits and has actually learned to play the system. Also him + eller = win (and potentially Louis)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Kostitsyn is much more important to this team than most people think. The truth is that since his first full season with us he has always been part of some of our most consistant lines : AK-Plek-Kovy, AK-Plek-Cammy,AK-Eller-Moen. If he was a 25th pick in that 2003 first round he wouldn't get that much hate. I really hope we don't have to find out how much we would miss him next year...

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:18 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Kostitsyn is much more important to this team than most people think. The truth is that since his first full season with us he has always been part of some of our most consistant lines : AK-Plek-Kovy, AK-Plek-Cammy,AK-Eller-Moen. If he was a 25th pick in that 2003 first round he wouldn't get that much hate. I really hope we don't have to find out how much we would miss him next year...
Yup, so true. He's an under-rated player now. I think when people look at his skills & his ability to be physical they want more in terms of production from this guy. But, he's settled in nicely as a consistent 20 goal, 40 pt guy (in spite of any injuries) who can be moved up and down the line-up. He helps any line that he is on, as long as that line doesn't include Gomez.

I hope we sign him. He's only 26, has settled into the system, and is a solid skilled depth player. If we ever give him PP time, he may still progress from a 40-45 pt. player to 50-60 pt. player.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
great game

couldn't have asked for more
How about the refs calling penalties both ways?

(And no, I'm not going to recount every call / non-call that favored mont. If you saw the game, you saw them too)

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:06 PM
NotProkofievian

It would be idiotic to get rid of AK, and a signal that nothing has changed with this organization. He's a damn good player, at a damn good price. Who are we going to replace him with?

I don't think that PG will part with him, not if his season keeps going the way it does. But if he does, it will coincide with some major facepalms from me.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
How about the refs calling penalties both ways?

(And no, I'm not going to recount every call / non-call that favored mont. If you saw the game, you saw them too)
= Kings fans

Guess you missed OT against the Pens.

It happens to every team, suck it up annd move on.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
And he somewhat dove at the boarding just before... a little bit... no?
no more than the King's player on the Eller hit. In both cases, the offending player should not have made contact with a layer with their back turned. It's funny, on CBC's pregame show (before the Leafs-Bruins), they were running highlights of the Hab's game, and the only comment made was that it was sickening the way Subban dove (comments made by Milbury). They said nothing about the game itself, only highlighted that hit and criticized Subban. This was after the lovefest That Milbury and Stock had for the Bruins. Man, CBC is getting pretty bad.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Price de Nice

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...d=68&id=139769

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote