HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat Dec.3 - Free webcast, North Dakota (Kristo/MacMillan) @ Alaska Anchorage, 11PM ET

Old
12-03-2011, 11:44 PM
pine*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Brock Nelson strikes again. Great prospect.
Gonna be interesting to see how he turns out for the Islanders. They have an eye for talent. But development? That's a whole other beast for them.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:07 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Gonna be interesting to see how he turns out for the Islanders. They have an eye for talent. But development? That's a whole other beast for them.
See WeThreeKings mancrush on Brock Nelson before the entry draft.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
True. I remember it. I liked him yet I didn't see him enough myself to make that kind of statement. Good call. One guy I saw more and didn't actually like was Charlie Coyle....geez, does he make me look bad....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:39 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:24 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
True. I remember it. I liked him yet I didn't see him enough myself to make that kind of statement. Good call. One guy I saw more and didn't actually like was Charlie Coyle....geez, does he make me look bad....
Coyle had us both fooled.

I wasn't sure Nelson would score at this clip but I liked his package, size, speed, and poise. His goal scoring prowess is improving quite steadily.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:28 AM
pine*

Quote:
Talented... big... right-handed center...

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:09 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Its just one game but I was not really impressed with Kristo.

- Seemed to float at times, not winning enough battles for pucks on the boards.

- Seemed to shoot every chance he got.. that can be a good thing but there were poor decisions tonight
Saw most of the Friday game, and I've seen most of North Dakota's games this year, I'd say this was Kristo's worst game to date, imo he's been very good most of the season but he did seem to be floating more then usual (he does take shifts off though).

In the past he would shoot every chance he got but when they moved him to the point on the PP, over time he's really learned to use his teammates better. Still he's a guy that wants the puck in the offensive zone and when he has he's going to create things and a lot of that is going to be that he will shoot from anywhere which makes defensemen and goalies on their toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Thanks, but from what i understood, MacMillan was already ahead of him on the depth chart even before the injury.
Yes MacMillan is easily ahead of him as he's been the best Freshman forward by a mile, although he's slowed down a bit since being moved back to the 3rd line, he's been impressive so far this year. Will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next few years as the Habs can take their time with him.

Good weekend for North Dakota, back to back sweeps against conference rivals is just what they needed. It's weird not seeing ND ranked in the top 20 (same for Michigan) but they are back to .500 in the WCHA at least.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Coyle had us both fooled.

I wasn't sure Nelson would score at this clip but I liked his package, size, speed, and poise. His goal scoring prowess is improving quite steadily.
Didn't like Coyle at all either, but I was a big fan of Brock Nelson (how could you not be?). Liked Bjugstad a lot that year too.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I love MacMillan skating stride and just how he just look like a hockey player. If this kid can ever grab some muscles along the way, he will be great to watch. Anyway, it is pretty clear that we will have plenty of time to analyse his play, they'll surely let him play his 3 years in College, maybe even 4, sign him, play him with the Dogs and then we'll see.
I spoke to his father this weekend. Mark is now over 170 lbs. Remember that he was 150 lbs when he got drafted. Working extremely hard in the gym.

When I got to watch him last year here in Penticton, I compared his style to Kirk Muller. Good skater, grittier than his size would dictate, excellent on face-offs, plays a sound two-way game with and without the puck, good play-making abilities and can score key goals.

Of course, he has some crumbs to eat before having Muller's career or to even make the NHL, but his style is very much comparable.

For those who missed it, here's the interview I did with Mark in October 2010: But who is Mark MacMillan?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
habitue*

Kristo: another US College Timmins' bust ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:02 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I spoke to his father this weekend. Mark is now over 170 lbs. Remember that he was 150 lbs when he got drafted. Working extremely hard in the gym.

When I got to watch him last year here in Penticton, I compared his style to Kirk Muller. Good skater, grittier than his size would dictate, excellent on face-offs, plays a sound two-way game with and without the puck, good play-making abilities and can score key goals.

Of course, he has some crumbs to eat before having Muller's career or to even make the NHL, but his style is very much comparable.

For those who missed it, here's the interview I did with Mark in October 2010: But who is Mark MacMillan?
Nice to hear, and great interview

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Beakermania*

I watched the 2nd game too, but wasn't able to post about it.

MacMillan confirmed my thoughts about the first game. Very good, very smart, and very talented player who just needs to continue that work in the gym. He was great on faceoffs, showed offensive flair, and backchecked hard.

Kristo, he was head and shoulders better than the first game. Much more involved, much better decisions with the puck. Less floating, and more battle from him. He scored a beauty of a goal and added an assist on a nice quick pass on the PP. I understand the hype with this kid, he was among the top 2 players on the ice, (Brock Nelson was the other again). He can play.

Also thought that Aaron Dell had a solid game. Good positioning, and technique... and fast reflexes. His season has been poor thus far, but more games like Saturday, and I wouldn't mind the Habs making a contract offer to him.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote