HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to get Dubinsky jump started?

Old
12-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 780
Gotta put him with guys that can score some goals eventually. He can't stay on the fourth line all year. Now's not the time though, not while we are winning.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Seriously, he just needs to be switched with Boyle. He would work so much better with Hags and Mitchell. He had a great pass to Prust, who missed a very good oppurtunity, the other night and I thought to myself "If only he had better linemates ".

Affinity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

It's going to come, he's pressing too much now, but he's a +4 and he does everything else right...Torts doesn't want to mess with the lines right now which is understandable...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:53 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I would love to see:

Wolski - Step - Gaborik
Feds - Richards - Cally
Dubinsky - AA - Hagelin
Avery/Rupp - Boyle - Rupp

Mitchell as ev 14th FWD player

Staal - Girardi
Erixon - McD
MDZ - Sauer

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:08 AM
GarretJoseph*

Next time we play the Icelanders, let him spend the entire first period inside the cheerleaders/ice girls locker room.

He'll come in the 2nd & score 4 goals within 6 minutes while racking up 10 PIMS beating the crap outta Tavares & Mottau.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I would love to see:

Wolski - Step - Gaborik
Feds - Richards - Cally
Dubinsky - AA - Hagelin

Staal - Girardi
Erixon - McD
MDZ - Sauer
Mitchell deserves to play

Old
12-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Mitchell deserves to play
Yea he does but ask me in two wkd based on his play n healthy bodies

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Yea he does but ask me in two wkd based on his play n healthy bodies
I haven't seen a kink in the armor yet, he plays hard and smart, he's also very strong...

Old
12-04-2011, 08:44 AM
ruckus*

I understand the people who buy into the "we're winning you can't change things" deal, but even Torts has stated that he doesn't buy into that. Feds is awesome and we all love him but there's no reason why Dubi shouldn't still be with Cally and Richards. None. Dubi led our team in goals and points last season and last night he gets 9:45 in ice time? 9:45? This isn't some lazy p.o.s. floater who refuses to back check and is doing nothing on the ice. He just can't score. So what's the solution? Apparently cutting his minutes dramatically and playing him with guys that further reduce any chance he has of scoring. The logic is astounding. Just put him back with Cally and Richards.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Nothing says jump start like putting a guy on a line with Brandon "Gretzky" Prust

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Feds is awesome and we all love him but there's no reason why Dubi shouldn't still be with Cally and Richards. None.
On paper, I agree, but the reality is that Fedotenko has been able to generate offense on that line and Dubinsky was not. I'm certainly open to trying it again, but let's not make it sound like it's foregone conclusion that it will work.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
On paper, I agree, but the reality is that Fedotenko has been able to generate offense on that line and Dubinsky was not. I'm certainly open to trying it again, but let's not make it sound like it's foregone conclusion that it will work.
To me this is the same myth about Gaborik and Richards not having chemistry. They did have chemistry, Torts just didn't want them together. It's working out for us now because we have separate lines that are producing and Gabby has looked great with Stepan and Anisimov. But Dubi and Cally have shown how well they can play together. It's obvious Dubi has struggled offensively but like I said, he's in a slump and is not a liability to the line. He will snap out of it if he's put in positions to succeed. Demoting him to a line of Prust and Avery and giving him less than 10 minutes a game is not a position to succeed. Dubinsky still has more points than Feds this season and Feds has a shooting percentage that's up near 15%. Do you think there are greater odds of that continuing or both of them heading more towards the mean? Dubinsky's offensive potential is still leaps and bounds beyond Fedotenko. If Dubi were not playing well in other areas of his game I could understand. It's a good thing Torts isn't a baseball coach. Pujols you haven't had a home run in a week...I'm benching you.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

better linemates

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:35 AM
egelband

i think he just needs time out of the spotlight a bit....the third or fourth line is good for him. he'll come around and get moved up again i think. it's terrific that the rangers are playing so well, allowing him to work it out in the shadows.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:54 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i think he just needs time out of the spotlight a bit....the third or fourth line is good for him. he'll come around and get moved up again i think. it's terrific that the rangers are playing so well, allowing him to work it out in the shadows.
I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of alleviating the burden from him, and the fact that the team is playing so well should have already done that. But how exactly is getting 9:45 on the fourth line allowing him to work it out?

Old
12-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of alleviating the burden from him, and the fact that the team is playing so well should have already done that. But how exactly is getting 9:45 on the fourth line allowing him to work it out?
His time down on the 4th line does one main thing - it allows him to simplify his game. Hes not headed into each game worried about putting up numbers when Brandon Prust is on his flank. It pretty much forces Dubinsky to focus on forechecking and playing a hard-nosed game. Because, lets face it, Dubinsky's main problem is one of identity. There have been far too many times where Dubinsky thinks hes a playmaker and not the power forward-type that would suit his game best. The demotion is a bit of a reality check.

The team is winning with him down on the 4th line, he'll be back up in the top 6 as soon as that changes.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
To me this is the same myth about Gaborik and Richards not having chemistry. They did have chemistry, Torts just didn't want them together. It's working out for us now because we have separate lines that are producing and Gabby has looked great with Stepan and Anisimov. But Dubi and Cally have shown how well they can play together. It's obvious Dubi has struggled offensively but like I said, he's in a slump and is not a liability to the line. He will snap out of it if he's put in positions to succeed. Demoting him to a line of Prust and Avery and giving him less than 10 minutes a game is not a position to succeed. Dubinsky still has more points than Feds this season and Feds has a shooting percentage that's up near 15%. Do you think there are greater odds of that continuing or both of them heading more towards the mean? Dubinsky's offensive potential is still leaps and bounds beyond Fedotenko. If Dubi were not playing well in other areas of his game I could understand. It's a good thing Torts isn't a baseball coach. Pujols you haven't had a home run in a week...I'm benching you.
Dubinsky's a notoriously streaky player. There's nothing wrong with cutting his ice time and demoting him when he's in one of his offensive funks, especially when the wins are piling up. Everyone knows he's more talented than Fedotenko. When they start moving towards their means, their ice time will reflect it.

Dubinsky scored 8 goals in the latter half of last season. You add that with the 20 games or so he played this season at about 20 mins a night and that works out to ~60 games with a production of 9 goals. Not acceptable.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

All he needs is a stretch of like 9 goals in 17 games to put him on pace for 20 on the season.

Dubi needs to get hot. He has been cold for awhile now and in previous years he had started hot which made him numbers look better.

The good news, if there is any, is that he is still hovering around .5 ppg with everything that has happened.

12-04-2011, 10:43 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
His time down on the 4th line does one main thing - it allows him to simplify his game. Hes not headed into each game worried about putting up numbers when Brandon Prust is on his flank. It pretty much forces Dubinsky to focus on forechecking and playing a hard-nosed game. Because, lets face it, Dubinsky's main problem is one of identity. There have been far too many times where Dubinsky thinks hes a playmaker and not the power forward-type that would suit his game best. The demotion is a bit of a reality check.

The team is winning with him down on the 4th line, he'll be back up in the top 6 as soon as that changes.
People talk about that a lot but I honestly think Dubinsky is somewhere in between. Dubinsky does make plays that a typical grinder would not be able to. He's better with the puck and has better passing ability than most. It's just a waste of an offensive player that people don't care about right now because we're winning. Doesn't make it the right decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Dubinsky's a notoriously streaky player. There's nothing wrong with cutting his ice time and demoting him when he's in one of his offensive funks, especially when the wins are piling up. Everyone knows he's more talented than Fedotenko. When they start moving towards their means, their ice time will reflect it.

Dubinsky scored 8 goals in the latter half of last season. You add that with the 20 games or so he played this season at about 20 mins a night and that works out to ~60 games with a production of 9 goals. Not acceptable.
How is Dubinsky expected to start producing offensively when he's getting 9:45 on ice with Avery and Prust?

40, 41, 44, 54 are his career point totals so I'm not really concerned about analyzing a small period within those four years. People get way too caught up in goals instead of points. He's basically on pace for 40 points right now and he's having a very poor offensive start. If you just keep him with Richards and Cally he hits 50 again at the least.

Old
12-04-2011, 11:54 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Switch him with Boyle and put him back on the wing if possible.

Boyle and Dubinsky are both "broke" right now (I'd argue Boyle more) so there should be no problem to fix them.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

He'll turn it on and get hot just when we need him to... Just wait

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:51 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I would love to see:

Wolski - Step - Gaborik
Feds - Richards - Cally
Dubinsky - AA - Hagelin

Staal - Girardi
Erixon - McD
MDZ - Sauer
WW has to show me something before I put him on our 1st line.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Everything is clicking right now, so there is NO need to change anything. However, the only change I'd make is switching Dubinsky with Boyle. Boyle has done nothing to earn 3rd line minutes over Dubinsky. Dubinsky has many more points and is working his butt off every night.

Dubinsky would do good with Hagelin and Mitchell and vice versa.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:56 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:

40, 41, 44, 54 are his career point totals so I'm not really concerned about analyzing a small period within those four years. People get way too caught up in goals instead of points. He's basically on pace for 40 points right now and he's having a very poor offensive start. If you just keep him with Richards and Cally he hits 50 again at the least.
People get way too caught up in points instead of play.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:10 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
WW has to show me something before I put him on our 1st line.
hell, at this point, with Carl and John playing so well, i dont even want WW skating with this team at practice, let alone on the game-day roster.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote