HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Last year the Caps had to wait to sign Orlov until March, to keep the contract from counting during that season. Was that only because his KHL season was done already, or is that something that would always apply because of the lack of transfer agreement?

Basically what I'm getting at it, even if Kuznetsov was ready to sign a contract today and guarantee that he'd come over next season, could he? Because if those rumors are true and they've already basically got a deal worked out, this may be the reason nothing becomes official for quite some time. But I don't know the intricacies of the KHL-NHL relationship enough...
Have you seen anything that states they have a deal worked out or just that his reps have talked to the Caps and will present the details to Kuznetsov at the WJCs?

If an ELC is signed earlier than March 1, it would be effective for the current season. In Kuznetsov's case, if allowed, it would slide based on his age and not being in the NHL this season, since he's a 1992. From March 1 to June 1 (pretty sure it's June 1), teams can sign prospects to contracts which only kick in starting the next season (which is what Orlov did,) but if a player signs before March 1, the contract has to include the current season.

As far as anything specific to the fact that he has an KHL contract and whether he could at the same time sign his ELC, technically applying for this season, and have the Caps keep him assigned to his KHL team with the contract sliding, like you, I am not sure if it is possible in terms of KHL, KHL/NHL, NHL CBA combination of rules. Just don't know if it would be allowed or not by the NHL and KHL. I'd guess no, but maybe it is possible if there is no intent of bringing him over this season; again, don't know technically how it would be handled since he's playing pro hockey right now.

It's not the same, but as we have seen, junior players already assigned to juniors can sign their ELCs and stay assigned to their junior team (with the contract sliding in these cases as we have seen based on player's age, etc.)

The European players who come over in the spring typically are already signed before the season or sign AHL ATOs (which is what Orlov did.) Also, from what I have seen, the team the player was playing for has to approve the player coming over since they are ending their contract with the team.

I know you didn't ask this, but no one should expect him to be on the Caps official roster at any time this season, since he'd have to clear waivers to be added to the roster.

As far as joining Hershey/AHL like Orlov did last season (in late Feb.), I wouldn't expect that either given KHL obligations and then I'd think he'd play on the Russia WC team (I assume he will be invited if healthy,) plus like most, not expecting he'd want to join the AHL team even for the short-term.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 12-03-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: edited for clarification
Old
12-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Langway
Intangibles

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...78&feedID=6357
Quote:
“[Kuznetsov]’s a heck of a player,” Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray said before Saturday’s game against his former team. “He’s fast, a big kid. There’s no question if they wanted to put him on the team today he could play. He’s a legitimate player in the NHL.”

Murray said Kuznetsov was a “dominant force” in Russia’s come-from-behind victory over Canada in the gold medal game of the 2011 World Junior Championships in Buffalo, assisting on three goals as Russia erased a 3-0 deficit to win 5-3.

“I tried to get George (McPhee) to trade him to me,” Murray said. “I don’t know why he wouldn’t.”

Old
12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
sk84fun_dc

Like reading the quotes from Murray but there's so much wrong with the rest of that piece.

Old
12-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Like reading the quotes from Murray but there's so much wrong with the rest of that piece.
If anyone knows how to build a team, it's Bryan Murray.

Old
12-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
I always thought he was decent when covering the Flyers but...maybe he's only as good as his contacts?

Certainly not much of a TV presence.

Old
12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't know about the article, but the dude is horrible on TV. I think last night was the first time he didn't fumble his words.

Old
12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
sk84fun_dc

I haven't watched him on tv and I'm guessing that's a good thing.

Old
12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Great stuff about the meeting at the WJCs. I just hope that nowhere along the line has Kuznetsov been encouraged to think that the rules don't apply in his case, and that the rookie limits can be somehow set aside.

Then again, the Caps are probably going to need to offer most of the available A/B bonus schedule. If they don't, it could be risky.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:06 PM
rushockey

Send a message via Skype™ to rushockey
Kuznetsov is an unbelievable talent. I believe he may be on par with Malkin with a unique ability to get into the next gear when it really matters. I think Kuznetsov may be the most important piece if the Caps to ever win the Cup in the next decade. I want to see him in Caps uniform and with some young talent Caps can become the team all the fans wanted Caps to become in the last 3 years.

Unfortunately I see a big problem here, which is Ovechkin. I have a strong opinion that Ovechkin being this sort of father figure for Orlov and Kuznetsov will be a bad thing. Neither Kuznetsov nor Orlov need a guy like Ovechkin to be by their side. I believe that demise of Semin is partially to blame on Ovechkin's influence and Varlamov is lucky that he escaped this atmosphere. Move to Colorado will give Varlamov a chance at rediscovering himself.

I really want Ovechkin to be gone when Kuznetsov will join the Caps. It will do good things for all the parties, including Ovechkin himslef.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:14 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

How about providing a single shred of evidence that Ovechkin is a toxic influence?

Old
12-04-2011, 01:19 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushockey View Post
Kuznetsov is an unbelievable talent. I believe he may be on par with Malkin with a unique ability to get into the next gear when it really matters. I think Kuznetsov may be the most important piece if the Caps to ever win the Cup in the next decade. I want to see him in Caps uniform and with some young talent Caps can become the team all the fans wanted Caps to become in the last 3 years.

Unfortunately I see a big problem here, which is Ovechkin. I have a strong opinion that Ovechkin being this sort of father figure for Orlov and Kuznetsov will be a bad thing. Neither Kuznetsov nor Orlov need a guy like Ovechkin to be by their side. I believe that demise of Semin is partially to blame on Ovechkin's influence and Varlamov is lucky that he escaped this atmosphere. Move to Colorado will give Varlamov a chance at rediscovering himself.

I really want Ovechkin to be gone when Kuznetsov will join the Caps. It will do good things for all the parties, including Ovechkin himslef.
Gone?
Wow, the main reason if not the only reason Kuz is coming is cos of Ovi.....now As for Semin he will be gone.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Semin was flighty and beginning to be a bit of a wayward child before Ovechkin ever arrived. If anything, it's Semin who has been a poor influence on Ovechkin.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:29 PM
rushockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Gone?
Wow, the main reason if not the only reason Kuz is coming is cos of Ovi.....now As for Semin he will be gone.
Ovy of today is inferior to Kuznetsov. If Kuznetsov want to join the Caps it is only because he wants to join the Caps and play in the NHL, not because he wants to be with inferior player with doubtful work ethic.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:29 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Semin was flighty and beginning to be a bit of a wayward child before Ovechkin ever arrived. If anything, it's Semin who has been a poor influence on Ovechkin.
Indeed.....although it's about time Ovy grows up too. Certainly not the consummate professional that Crosby is and it's what separates the two. Sad...

Old
12-04-2011, 01:36 PM
rushockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Semin was always like that but he was always coachable with the right approach. He was benched several times by the Russian coaches in his career and he would always come back as a better player. In other words he always had the ability to readjust. He is also a quiet guy, who was never previously really interested in the night life etc. I do not think he can influence anybody. On the other hand Ovechkin has been seen in every fancy night club in Moscow partying hard.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:37 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Ovy of today is inferior to Kuznetsov. If Kuznetsov want to join the Caps it is only because he wants to join the Caps and play in the NHL, not because he wants to be with inferior player with doubtful work ethic.
You can't expect kuznetsov to be a point/game player playing against the toughest defenses once he comes to the nhl, like ovechkin currently does and is.

Last edited by mrwarden: 12-04-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfr4u View Post
you are insane. you can't expect kuznetsov to be a point/game player playing against the toughest defenses once he comes to the nhl, like ovechkin currently does and is.
Agree with you, but Ovy isn't even a ppg player now.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
rushockey

Quote:
you are insane. you can't expect kuznetsov to be a point/game player playing against the toughest defenses once he comes to the nhl, like ovechkin currently does and is.
Please, stop calling people insane. There is always an option to ignore certain posters. If you prefer, just ignore my messages.

As for expectations - Kuznetsov with the given PT will easily beat Ovechkin's production this season, forget about his amazing defensive abilities.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:45 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Agree with you, but Ovy isn't even a ppg player now.
he was last year, and he's pretty close this year through 25 games which included a horrible stretch which got the coach fired. there's no reason to think he isn't.

Quote:
Please, stop calling people insane. There is always an option to ignore certain posters. If you prefer, just ignore my messages.

As for expectations - Kuznetsov with the given PT will easily beat Ovechkin's production this season, forget about his amazing defensive abilities.
i wish there was an option to ignore the insane posters, but there isn't.
if you prefer, just ignore logic and reason when posting.

prop bet that ovechkin's points/60 will be greater than kuznetsov's points/60 next year? kuz isn't even a points per game in the KHL.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
he was last year, and he's pretty close this year through 25 games which included a horrible stretch which got the coach fired. there's no reason to think he isn't.

i wish there was an option to ignore the insane posters, but there isn't.
if you prefer, just ignore logic and reason when posting.

prop bet that ovechkin's points/60 will be greater than kuznetsov's points/60 next year? kuz isn't even a points per game in the KHL.
There is. Clicking on their name brings up a drop down menu. At the bottom of this menu is an option 'Add To Ignore List'. Simple to figure out from there.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunindza View Post
There is. Clicking on their name brings up a drop down menu. At the bottom of this menu is an option 'Add To Ignore List'. Simple to figure out from there.
i mean a single option to ignore ALL the insane posters. :p

i obviously don't know who is insane before i read them

Old
12-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
i mean a single option to ignore ALL the insane posters. :p

i obviously don't know who is insane before i read them
Oh, I see. Well.

Old
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I don't give a damn who is better in a contest between Capital #1 and Capital #2. They're Capitals. All I care about, to be honest.

Nationalism and hockey is such BS. I cheer them whether they're red, white, yellow or brown. Don't care if they come from 10 or 10,000 miles away. All hail the melting pot.

Old
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Sounds like he'll captain Team Russia at the WJC and could find himself on a line with a couple of draft eligible forwards in LW Gusev (re-draft) & C Grigorenko.

Old
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Errr just ignore the Montreal fan.

People swear during the Capitals Penguins game Crosby was just such a great leader and Ovechkin was invisible.

People like that just like to hate Ovi. These are the people that claim Steckel elbowed Crosby.

Closed Thread