HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Trending Upwards in 2012

Old
11-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Trending Upwards in 2012

Much in the same ilk of our 2012 draft sliders thread, FC's Dan Stewart has taken a look at those whose stock is trending upwards.

Players like OHL defensemen Cody Ceci, Slater Koekkoek and Matt Finn definitely fall into this category. According to our scouts, Finn in particular has exceeded expectations in this young season.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/eligi...raft-rankings/

Who did we leave out? Who has impressed you to the point they're a surprise this season?

Old
11-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Tormentor

Defenseman Esa Lindell hasn't done much internationally yet, but is showing improvement in his game and playing in a big role in a strong Jokerit Jr.A team. I heard two scouts talking about him in Swedish during his game and the words "han är intressant" (= he's interesting) were used a few times, so it seems that he's turning some heads. Personally I wasn't too high on him at the start of the season, but I'm starting to think that top-60 could be within a reach if he keeps improving at this pace.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:00 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Tom Wilson is a player I've been sliding up my rankings as each month passes.

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:29 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Good to see Troock mentioned. He'd be a pick of mine too.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Good to see Troock mentioned. He'd be a pick of mine too.
Might be why he made it in

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
Might be why he made it in
Unfortunately he's also on my list of sliders, but only because of injury, again.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Andrew Ryan for the Halifax Mooseheads has only played six games so far this year due to injury, but he's making a strong case for himself.

He was selected as one of the prospects to play in the NHL's research and development camp over the summer and his progress from last season to this year has really impressed me.

He's got good size and uses it well in addition to strong offensive skills and a powerful skating stride. Halifax has a number of talented forwards who lack in the size category and so Ryan's big body and power forward style is a welcome addition to their lineup.

Also worth noting is that he had chemistry coming into the season with Nathan MacKinnon after the duo were paired up on Team Atlantic during last year's Under-17s. He's been reunited with the wunderkind recently and hasn't looked out of place.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being selected in the top fifty picks in the draft.

12-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
Andrew Ryan for the Halifax Mooseheads has only played six games so far this year due to injury, but he's making a strong case for himself.

He was selected as one of the prospects to play in the NHL's research and development camp over the summer and his progress from last season to this year has really impressed me.

He's got good size and uses it well in addition to strong offensive skills and a powerful skating stride. Halifax has a number of talented forwards who lack in the size category and so Ryan's big body and power forward style is a welcome addition to their lineup.

Also worth noting is that he had chemistry coming into the season with Nathan MacKinnon after the duo were paired up on Team Atlantic during last year's Under-17s. He's been reunited with the wunderkind recently and hasn't looked out of place.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being selected in the top fifty picks in the draft.
I'm still not sure how he fell to the second round for the Moose to take him. Like you said, hes a big body already (6-3, 200) and is probably the best skater on the Moose next to Mackinnon. I said it a month or so ago, I cant see him lasting past the 3rd round, but the way he is playing now, late first, early second isn't out of the question, especially when playing with Mackinnon and possibly Frk

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:29 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
I've been able to watch Windsor the last few games and one riser to watch for is Brady Vail. His decision making and hockey IQ is just off the chart. His shot is also NHL caliber and always gets open and find his teammates well. If he plays like he did the last few weeks he could find himself as a low 1st, early 2nd rounder.

2013: Also Kerby Rychel was pretty impressive last night.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Aaron, what about a guy like Daniil Zharkov? I think most had him pegged for around late 2nd to early 3rd after his injury, but he has came back from it and has 11 goals and 4 assists in 11 games and is a +8. Do these numbers get noticed? Because he is just dominating at the moment.

To add, he is a two-way player and has great size as well.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Aaron, what about a guy like Daniil Zharkov? I think most had him pegged for around late 2nd to early 3rd after his injury, but he has came back from it and has 11 goals and 4 assists in 11 games and is a +8. Do these numbers get noticed? Because he is just dominating at the moment.

To add, he is a two-way player and has great size as well.
I love Zharkov. I'm hoping he's still there for the Sens to grab in the 2nd round.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:57 PM
dnicks17

I think some team is going to fall in love with Zharkov and take him in the 1st.

I'm hoping the Oilers can get another 1st and grab Gaunce(mid 1st) and Zharkov(early 2nd), but I'd say that's probably wishful thinking.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Bonesy99

Tanner Pearson comes to mind, most scouts do not even have him in the top two rounds. He may be older and has been passed in I believe two drafts but he is leading the OHL in scoring. He had a poor season last year but the colts were absolutely horrible.

I believe we could see him crack the top 30 by the end of the year. Would be one hell of a winger for the penguins to snag, also could see his speed being great for the oilers youth movement if he manages to go second or third round

Bonesy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:35 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I think some team is going to fall in love with Zharkov and take him in the 1st.

I'm hoping the Oilers can get another 1st and grab Gaunce(mid 1st) and Zharkov(early 2nd), but I'd say that's probably wishful thinking.
With the chemistry they have...that would be brilliant drafting.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post

Kevin, how busy is Halifax's pressbox if I happen to go up for a weekday game. I contemplated going for the Quebec game last night but it must have been a jungle with MacKinnon vs Grigorenko.

In regards to the topic on hand, Ryan Culkin is going to be moving up on everyone's list. The guy is playing serious minutes for a very good Quebec team.

Shalimov also had a remarkable month of November. 12 points in 8 games getting 2nd line ice time and 2nd pair PP ice time.

Both are included in my article.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 01:38 AM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

2nd 1st if Oilers can pull it off. Radek Faska, a center/winger (mid 1st) and Tomas Hertl (2nd round)

Faska- Hertl-Hemsky. Czech line.

canovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Kevin, how busy is Halifax's pressbox if I happen to go up for a weekday game. I contemplated going for the Quebec game last night but it must have been a jungle with MacKinnon vs Grigorenko.

In regards to the topic on hand, Ryan Culkin is going to be moving up on everyone's list. The guy is playing serious minutes for a very good Quebec team.
It's a pretty big box, so there's always room. When you thinking?

The Gatineau game was a little more crowded upstairs, but it seems most of the scouts opted to grab a seat in the stands for the Quebec match.

Culkin looked real impressive here in Halifax too. Played a key role distributing the puck on the powerplay.

Kevin Forbes is online now   Reply With Quote