HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moves the Isles should make

Old
12-04-2011, 02:17 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 500
I would trade Moulson as part of a package for a legit first line winger, but if they are trading either of them for prospects I don't see the point of it.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Stercrazy

And the sweetener would be? I had to say it.

1.) Who are you trading MM and PaP for?
2.)Who's going to score for the Isles?

It wouldn't be a bad idea IF there were players to replace them.....like let's say Strome is about to hit his peek or any other of the Isles youth. But the fact is no one ready. Trading them now would end the season and continue to send a bad message to the rest of the league.....the Isles don't any more of that.

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:51 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

The idea of the OP have a lot of validity...but I would NOT trade Moulson.

That being said, notice how Tavares has not been scoring much lately, I think it's 13 games now. He is THE guy creating scoring chances, HE is setting up Moulson. I agree that Moulson and PA are not the best line-mates for JT. The line has been fine, but I would like to see an even better player that could set up JT, another guy that will create scoring chances.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Both Moulson and Parenteau bring more to this team than we could get by trading them....especially Parenteau. That guy just brings SO much hustle, he's role model in that regard. Moulson pots goals at the right times and places, and is the reason why we won last night. Say what you will about their skill and about how Tavares carries them, but they're vital parts to this team and Tavares.

I wouldn't trade Parenteau (no good return I suspect) but as others have said, I'd trade Moulson in a package for a skilled winger or D-man. But not for prospects and picks.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:27 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Moulson is one of JT's best friends. He isn't going anywhere soon

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Greetings and welcome. I can't say I think either player should be traded at the moment.

When the top line is hot, they can win games pretty much by themselves with little to no goal support from anywhere else. If the secondary scoring ever starts playing reliably, this can be a 3-7 goal per game roster. Moulson won't score 4 goals every game, and the line isn't perfect, but on a good night, each player in the trio makes up for the deficiencies of the other. Superb ability to find seams for garbage goals, elite hands, vision and finally above-average skating ability and aggressive, if not always smart puck distribution.

The point isn't so much that they match as well for JT as they do as much as they're also likely open to sticking to the organization that gave them the chance to excel, which they took and used properly. When the talent level makes it from the pipeline they can both be relegated to lesser roles, but why remove the 2nd & 3rd most productive players on the team just because they're not the most conventional point producers yet?

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:00 PM
cohenzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Moulson is one of JT's best friends. He isn't going anywhere soon
This post sums it up completely. They trade Moulson, JT gets really, really angry at the org. Not gonna happen.

cohenzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenzee View Post
This post sums it up completely. They trade Moulson, JT gets really, really angry at the org. Not gonna happen.
Plus, why trade Moulson ? He's proven himself. Two 30 goal seasons, and he's on pace for 44 goals this year. Moulson seems to go to the right spot, and then Tavares and Parenteau find him.

Man that pass by Tavares on Moulson's third goal against Dallas was sick

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote