HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Palushaj getting more Air Miles

Old
12-04-2011, 06:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
People forget that Dags got top minutes in St Louis. And he still does to an extent. Palushaj plays what 4-5 minutes a game? He looked good on Eller's line.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The funny part is that D;agostini has 4 points in his last 17 games. I could just imagine the bashing he and timmins would get if he would be in that kind of a slump in Montreal.

Grass is greener elsewhere.
The truth of the matter is that D'agostini scores at a greater goals/minutes pace than Cammalleri, Gionta, Plekanec.

And he's a plus 12 this year.

pretty good for a guy in a slump eh andy.

At some point even you have to admit your boy Gauthier made a mistake.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Didn't bring much to the dance but then again they only played him on the fourth line. So it's hard to judge on what Palushaj has. It's like the Mathieu Carle factor, you can't really know what the guy has if he's not been given a chance to show it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The truth of the matter is that D'agostini scores at a greater goals/minutes pace than Cammalleri, Gionta, Plekanec.
Darche scored at a greater pace/minute than a good portion of the team last year, I don't see you going out of your way to praise Gauthier/Gainey for bringing him in, I wonder why.

Quote:
And he's a plus 12 this year.

pretty good for a guy in a slump eh andy.
So when a scoring winger is has 4 points in his last 17 games, all his forgotten or glossed over because he is plus 12? Please. If D'agostini had 4 points in 17 games here you wouldn't be speaking too highly of him. In fact, you'd probably say that is shows how mediocre this team has been over the last few years when their top 6 forwards are scoring at .24 point per game pace over his last 17 games.

Quote:
Not in the case of D'agostini. I think the Lapierre trade was a mistake though.

Do people forget the context of that trade? He was moved because he had to pass through waivers to get sent back down. He was ****ing terrible here and had no place in the lineup and if I recall there were some players returning from injury which forced the habs to send down a player. He moved D'agostini for an asset instead of moving him for nothing, which incidently would have caused even more whining if he was moved for nothing.

Gauthier has made two errors, Sergei and Lapierre.

Soon you are going to tell me trading Maxwell was an error the way you are going.

Palushaj didn't look out of place at all in the lineup despite not getting a chance to play, so no I don't think all is lost at the moment.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Everybody on this board thought the trade was a huge win and were so happy to get rid of a plug like D'Agostini.

Too bad Gauthier doesn't have the benefit of trading with hindsight the way posters here do.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Everybody on this board thought the trade was a huge win and were so happy to get rid of a plug like D'Agostini.

Too bad Gauthier doesn't have the benefit of trading with hindsight the way posters here do.
"plug"? Huh?

Gauthier/Gainey have gotten the benefit of the doubt. The list of screw ups is too long now to dismiss it as "**** happens" and you-win-some-you-lose-some.

Gainey/Gauthier lose them all, or nearly them all. It's a horrible record.

Last edited by hototogisu: 12-05-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: censor
Old
12-05-2011, 08:36 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
"plug"? Huh?

Gauthier/Gainey have gotten the benefit of the doubt. The list of screw ups is too long now to dismiss it as "**** happens" and you-win-some-you-lose-some.

Gainey/Gauthier lose them all, or nearly them all. It's a horrible record.
Go back and read the trade threads when it first happened. I repeat: Montreal fans were overjoyed to get rid of a plug like D'Agostini.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:39 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post

Palushaj is a top line scoring winger at the AHL level. He's just not having offensive success in the NHL. Guess what? Not every player makes it in their early 20's.

People forget that the guy is only 22, three years younger than D'Agostini. He's certainly not a lost cause at this point in his career.
I saw more talent & finish in Nigel Dawes and they let him walk.

Maybe it's nerves and he'll eventually get over it but to me Palushaj doesn't have any finish. I saw it last year when he played the odd game here and I definitely saw it this year. He reminds me of Gionta on one of his bad streaks and even then he doesn't look half as good as Gionta. Palushaj is always missing the net.

And on the rare occasion he does hit his shot is not as bad as Gomez's but not as good as DD's or Koivu's.

His positioning in the offensive zone lacks vision and anticipation. In other words he's always putting himself in the wrong place.

He has straight away speed but has next to nil creativity with the puck. Compare him with Pleks, Eller or DD or even Andrei and you'll see he fails in that category.

He doesn't have the break out speed of a Cole and he doesn't have the physicality of a Cole or even a Moen.

So aside from the fact that he's 22 what exactly does he bring to the rink on a NHL level?

Last edited by onice: 12-05-2011 at 08:50 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Go back and read the trade threads when it first happened. I repeat: Montreal fans were overjoyed to get rid of a plug like D'Agostini.
If this is the case, that should be your first clue that things were going wrong.
Some people loved the Gomez trade.
Some people loved the Kostistyn trade, arguing that trading for 2 free agents just hours before they were to become UFA's was a swell deal.

Bottom line, there isn't consensus or at times even a lot of common sense on a message board.

But even if there is, people here are not paid millions of dollars in salary to make the right decisions the first time. Gauthier is.

If I was being paid millions of dollars and repeatedly made bad business deals to the benefit of my competitors I'd be fired, especially if I told higher levels of the organization "oh well, hindsight is 20/20".

People have to begin admitting that while nobody is perfect, you don't pay a hockey executive millions in salary to make glaring errors. Time to punt Gauthier.

Old
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Andy

Quote:
If this is the case, that should be your first clue that things were going wrong.
Some people loved the Gomez trade.
Some people loved the Kostistyn trade, arguing that trading for 2 free agents just hours before they were to become UFA's was a swell deal.

Bottom line, there isn't consensus or at times even a lot of common sense on a message board.

But even if there is, people here are not paid millions of dollars in salary to make the right decisions the first time. Gauthier is.

If I was being paid millions of dollars and repeatedly made bad business deals to the benefit of my competitors I'd be fired, especially if I told higher levels of the organization "oh well, hindsight is 20/20".

People have to begin admitting that while nobody is perfect, you don't pay a hockey executive millions in salary to make glaring errors. Time to punt Gauthier.
Of course it looks bad when you only look at the errors, but I think in the it all balances out in other ways. You point out those bads, but never point out the goods such as the signing of Diaz, darche(sucks this year, but was great last year) Desharnais(who has been nothing short of exceptional), the cole signing, the wiz trade(the moment he was acquired the team played at a 110 point pace until Pacioretty's injury), the Moore trade(who played a key role in the playoff run with Lapierre), acquiring Bournival, the Halak for Eller deal which people are starting to love.

Everything looks doom and gloom when you only choose to look at the negatives. Gauthier in Feb will have been here for two years and I don't think the bad moves outweigh the good ones and vice versa. I don't see any reason to move him at this point.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:28 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
People forget that Dags got top minutes in St Louis. And he still does to an extent. Palushaj plays what 4-5 minutes a game? He looked good on Eller's line.
Never got to watch any of Palushj's games but from those of you that did, do you think he got the same chance to prove himself as they are giving to LeBlanc?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:39 PM
goonshow

not even close..

goonshow is offline   Reply With Quote