HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino Diagnosed with Concussion

Old
12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Nino Diagnosed with Concussion

Brian Compton - NHL.com
Isles rookie Nino Niederreiter has been diagnosed with a concussion.

Compton's Facebook.

12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
steveat

all hell...Here we go..Hope Nino bounces back sooner rather than later.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:26 PM
islandersfreak21

Wow. I am sick to my stomach over this. If this guy is not suspened for that the Islanders better take things into their own hands.

islandersfreak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
regardless if he gets suspended or not, the Islanders better take care of things when we face Dallas again this month.

I hope Nino is ok and comes back soon.. Any word on the severity of it? Dp came back within 2 weeks.. Crosby was out for a season

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Hope Nino gets a speedy recovery. That hit was vicious.

Fistric better get a suspension.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

https://twitter.com/#!/NYP_Brooksie/...13441284161537

Without question, Fistric targeted Niederreiter's head. Anything under 5 game suspension would be injustice.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
TexMurphyPI

The only positive out of this, if Nino comes back this season he will get another 2 weeks in the AHL assuming he misses a few weeks at least.

TexMurphyPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Should have been Portland bound a long time ago, would have been lighting it up with Bartischi (Who I wanted) and Rattie. Also, could have worked on his skating which needs work...

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Should have been Portland bound a long time ago, would have been lighting it up with Bartischi (Who I wanted) and Rattie. Also, could have worked on his skating which needs work...
I guess the Isle's brain trust (how's that for any oxymoron ?) felt he outgrew junior hockey. He did seem like he was ready, good size and strength and showed a really nice shot on his goal. I was surprised by his poor offensive play though, which was supposed to be one of his strengths.

I predict he'll be back by the New Year, though he is still eligible for the WJC's this year. I'd love to see him go to the tournament, and then come to the Isles.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

that was a great hit, anytime before this year, it would have been celebrated like a Scott Stevens hit from the past. Nino's got to learn to keep his head up in that part of the ice.

I feel bad for him and I do think Fistric will (and should) be suspended. To avenge this is neither here nor there, I'm glad Martin stepped up.

I hope Nino bounces back from this. That was a really hard hit.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Wanderson

The hit was horrible. I hope Fistric is getting atleast 5 games suspension.

It's time for revenge, let Gillies and Haley play against Dallas next week.

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
leaponover

I guess i'm going to have to watch another replay because it seemed like a legit hit to me. Nino had his head down. I wonder if this is just team bias?

Secondly if he isn't suspended there is no need for retribution... Martin already stepped up for his teammate and did that. Normally that type of retribution happens if there wasn't somebody on the ice to take care of it immediately.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Wanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I guess i'm going to have to watch another replay because it seemed like a legit hit to me. Nino had his head down. I wonder if this is just team bias?

Secondly if he isn't suspended there is no need for retribution... Martin already stepped up for his teammate and did that. Normally that type of retribution happens if there wasn't somebody on the ice to take care of it immediately.
The hit isn't legal. Fistric is jumping.

Ofcourse "we" need revenge, even if Fistric is suspended. Atleast our team has to make a statement. All the players in the league knows that the Isles are the softest team in the NHL at the moment. They can do what they want against us, nothing will happend.

Gillies and Haley has to play against the Stars.

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
StrongIslanders90

Brett Lindros 2.0....we cant catch a break...Nino should have never been playing on the 4th line anyway

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandersfreak21 View Post
Wow. I am sick to my stomach over this. If this guy is not suspened for that the Islanders better take things into their own hands.
Please tell me how we are going to take things into our own hands at the moment? Who on this team besides Martins has balls? Which one of purse swingers are gonna do anything?
The truth is this is the softest group of hockey players I have ever seen for an NHL team. I mean Matt Martin as the only guy who truly mixes it up? Thats pathetic. This line-up with the exception of Martin has no balls and are just a very soft group.

Not only does Dallas know they cheap shot us, push us around play dirty, but this also sends the wrong message to every other team in the NHL.
Every team now knows they will beable to get away with anything they want with this team because as much as I hate to say it as an Islander fan this team is just filled with soft players who are unwilling to send messages.

I am sick and tired of ALWAYS being the team that gets pushed around and I find it funny that real Islanders fans keep putting up with this year after year. Why cant we be the team no one wants to face? Why cant we be be the team thats takes no S***.
Im sick of always being the team that gets pushed around.
Notice at the end of last year, with Konopka,Haley,Gillies and Martin were in the lineup, NOT ONE CHEAP SHOT WAS TAKEN. Hmmm i WONDER WHY?

I am fed up the last couple of years our prospects have almost gotton killed with no retalitation with the exception of the pitt game.
In the last couple years Frans was concussed with a head shot, noone does a damn thing, KO almost got killed by Phenuf and noone did anything, Nino gets concussed with a brutal head shot nothing is done about it,Tavares was abused ect.
I am sick and tired of our young guys being hurt because of dirty head shots and noone responds, it makes me sick

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post

So if he dosen't get suspended we shouldent go after him? Who cares if he gets suspended or not ,it was a dirty hit he must be taken care of.
That makes no sence ,so In your theory of thinking 2 weeks ago when Asham KOed a non fighter and concussed him and because he didn't get suspended the Caps said "ok asham didn't get suspended so we wont go after him" No the Caps Erskine went after him and put a beating on him .
Another point your missing is Martin stepped up but nothing happened the refs got in their right away.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:49 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Call me old school or just juvenile, but it needs to be an eye for an eye in this case. A statement needs to be made yet once again. Teams have been taking liberties with us (especially our franchise player) all season. It's bad enough that we're one of the softest teams in the league, but no one has a sack either. Someone needs to payback Fistric.

I'm actually hoping that Nino gets a chance for payback. Do we play Dallas again this year?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
MadMen88

Dec. 15th, book it. The Coliseum better be sold out!!!

MadMen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:38 AM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Call me old school or just juvenile, but it needs to be an eye for an eye in this case. A statement needs to be made yet once again. Teams have been taking liberties with us (especially our franchise player) all season. It's bad enough that we're one of the softest teams in the league, but no one has a sack either. Someone needs to payback Fistric.

I'm actually hoping that Nino gets a chance for payback. Do we play Dallas again this year?
Yep, in 2 weeks, December 15th.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Hip Of Rick

That was a flat out great hit by Fistric. I don't really see him leave his feet until after contact. Hits like that make the game fun and its the way the game used to be played and should be played. In today's wussy NHL that is probably suspendable. Someone should step up and fight Fistric and end it on December 15. A Pittsburgh game is not needed and would just embarrass the franchise, a simple fight would do.

Having said that it sucks Nino was hurt and we should have him do an AHL stint when healthy and than send him to juniors where to belongs. The NHL is NOT a developmental league.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
regardless if he gets suspended or not, the Islanders better take care of things when we face Dallas again this month.

I hope Nino is ok and comes back soon.. Any word on the severity of it? Dp came back within 2 weeks.. Crosby was out for a season
Please don't forget that Crosby was hit by Steckel and Hedman in consecutive games.

Let's hope Nino will be back soon and Shanahan makes a phone call.

Last edited by 0815: 12-05-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Typo
0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:51 AM
scott99

IF Fistric isn't suspended, I want to see Gillies, Martin and Haley on the same line, dump the puck in, and all 3 hit Fistric at the same time. I wanna see blood on the ice, EA's NHL 94 style. A message needs to be sent. Can't get away hurting our players purposely without retribution. I wanna see Gillies suspended 20 games, meaning he did what he was supposed to, to Fistric. Dec 15th will be a must watch. GET FISTRIC. And if you don't like what I'm saying, tough doo-doo.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
That was a flat out great hit by Fistric. I don't really see him leave his feet until after contact. Hits like that make the game fun and its the way the game used to be played and should be played. In today's wussy NHL that is probably suspendable. Someone should step up and fight Fistric and end it on December 15. A Pittsburgh game is not needed and would just embarrass the franchise, a simple fight would do.

Having said that it sucks Nino was hurt and we should have him do an AHL stint when healthy and than send him to juniors where to belongs. The NHL is NOT a developmental league.
Have you ever played hockey ? Have you ever been hit by one of those elbow pads ? I have, and it's like getting hit with a rock. Someone gave me an elbow to the upper arm once, and I could move my arm for 10 minutes, now imagine getting hit in the forehead with one. There is nothing wrong with hitting in the NHL, but there has to be some respect given to each other. That was a dirty, disrectful elbow to the head, and Fistric is a dirty player who needs to be taught a lesson.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:08 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Have you ever played hockey ? Have you ever been hit by one of those elbow pads ? I have, and it's like getting hit with a rock. Someone gave me an elbow to the upper arm once, and I could move my arm for 10 minutes, now imagine getting hit in the forehead with one. There is nothing wrong with hitting in the NHL, but there has to be some respect given to each other. That was a dirty, disrectful elbow to the head, and Fistric is a dirty player who needs to be taught a lesson.
My brother played with Matt Gilroy for St Marys HS and my Brother had 2 full rides to Maine and Miami(OH) .... He was a very undersized Dman but was high energy smart and offensive....He suffered a concussion(from an Elbow) in his senior year. He then went on to Maine and suffered another concussion in practice and never fully recoverd...The original Elbow did not even look to bad and he also was wearing a full cage.....

Fistrics Elbow or shoulder went directly into Nino's Face...That is an illegal hit....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:17 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
My brother played with Matt Gilroy for St Marys HS and my Brother had 2 full rides to Maine and Miami(OH) .... He was a very undersized Dman but was high energy smart and offensive....He suffered a concussion(from an Elbow) in his senior year. He then went on to Maine and suffered another concussion in practice and never fully recoverd...The original Elbow did not even look to bad and he also was wearing a full cage.....

Fistrics Elbow or shoulder went directly into Nino's Face...That is an illegal hit....
Exactly. I remember a vicious elbow by Mark Messier on Tomas Jonsson back in the early 80's, shockingly, there was no penalty called. I hated Messier ever since. Here's a typical sneaky dirty elbow by Captain Elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxLl...1A9AB417B7B2DC

There is no need to use your elbow as a weapon, A shoulder is good enough. I think Fistric just wanted to get on Sportcenter with a vicious hit, regardless of how illegal or dirty it was. Also, it was so obvious it was a shot to the head, due to the clothes-line effect on the play. Players usually don't go feet up first if they get hit shoulder to chest.