HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are You Happy With The Team's Play?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Red Wing's play?
Yes, I am happy with the play, we are true contenders. 34 69.39%
Yes, I am happy with the play, but we are not contenders. 13 26.53%
No, I am not happy with the play. 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
14ari13

vCash: 500
Who predicted the bruins would win it all? I strongly doubt there were any posters here picking the Bruins to win it all.
I think the most posters here are very afraid of the Divers, but I am confident we beat them this time we meet in the playoffs. Though they might choke befor the meet us.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Holland would be foolish to wait until the deadline. Give the coach a chance to find a place for a new guy.
Yeah, picking somebody up at the deadline and only having 19 games left before the playoffs to work them into the roster would be 'foolish'.

I mean, what coach could possibly integrate one or two new guys into his roster in just 6 weeks, anyway?

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Yeah, picking somebody up at the deadline and only having 19 games left before the playoffs to work them into the roster would be 'foolish'.

I mean, what coach could possibly integrate one or two new guys into his roster in just 6 weeks, anyway?

6 weeks is about 18 games. That's not a lot of time to identify your best lines and let guys find their chemistry.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

I am satisfied with the Wings play, sure they had a funk earlier this season, and I am sure they will go through one again....

Life of the season, will have it's ups and downs, and currently we are in a up.

Team Defensive seems to be a lot better, still iffy here an there...
Team Offensive seems decent of course needs work, few players need to step up, they've been in a bit of a rut.

Power play sure they are ranked in the top 10, but of course needs work, could be a lot more potent.

PK - Needs a lot of work... It's okay... but of course, could be 100 times better.

I'd rank the team a B+ / A.

Hopefully when/if the Wings lose, it's 1/2 games at a time.... nothing more. As long as the Wings make the playoff's I'll be happy.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:

6 weeks is about 18 games. That's not a lot of time to identify your best lines and let guys find their chemistry.
I'd assume the reason most trades don't go down until the deadline is because there aren't many players available until the deadline. Holland can't do anything about that.

Stuart fit in just fine in '08.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I'd assume the reason most trades don't go down until the deadline is because there aren't many players available until the deadline. Holland can't do anything about that.

Stuart fit in just fine in '08.
The reason why trades go down at the deadline is human nature.
\Put a deadline up, and that's when things happen.

That, and because of the salary cap, teams that tend to be buyers and have less cap room are more likely to be able to squeeze something in under the wire.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
The reason why trades go down at the deadline is human nature.
\Put a deadline up, and that's when things happen.

That, and because of the salary cap, teams that tend to be buyers and have less cap room are more likely to be able to squeeze something in under the wire.
It's not "human nature." It's about cap room and the standings. Either way, you don't see many significant trades going down in December/January.

Has "human nature" changed significantly since 2005?

Last edited by Ricelund: 12-04-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:41 PM
FabricDetails

I'm pretty sure the definition of being a Wings fan requires that you're not happy unless the Wings win the cup that year.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
HockeytownOverhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
It's not "human nature." It's about cap room and the standings. Either way, you don't see many significant trades going down in December/January.
exactly, it's not human nature, it's knowing whether or not you're a buyer or a seller.. why on god's green earth would a team trade a top 6 forward for spare parts (assuming we don't want to deplete our talent too or mortgage our future) this early in the season if they could use that player int he playoffs.. which is what WE want that player for.. it's common sense..

Only team I could see trading anyone at this point in Cbus and a) they don't really have any top 6'ers on the last leg of their contract except Juice, and we want a scorer b) doubt they trade anyone who's actually decent to their division rival (from their perspective) but again, they don't have anyone we wouldn't get stuck with a contract which we don't want coming into one of the best UFA offseasons potentially in years.

HockeytownOverhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:44 PM
IllinoisRedWingsFan

Yes I have been happy with the way the Wings are playing as of late. However Detroit NEEDS a Top 6 Winger FAST!

IllinoisRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote