HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc called up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
  #401
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
You didn't debunk anything, and i wouldn't want you to feel like i am pointing you out in particular. Blood ? Lusters ? Huh ?
its quite obvious that you are still in the "i am slightly aroused by men punching each other's face" closet ad that you pro fighting discourse ont prove it by stating rethoric facts and misguided opinions

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:58 PM
  #402
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
we still won and dominated handily that game, i don't see your point

and gionta ran Reimer and hurt him, even if the laffs have Orr and Steckel in their lineup
Dave Steckel? seriously?

The guy has like 5 career fights and I don't think he's even won one.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
  #403
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I don't understand why some teams can draft players and they become instant successes in the NHL, but our team just HAS to play people in the AHL!

It's not like we had the next coming of Richard. I don't understand how people can say this.
Pressure. Add that to the fact that he's a french canadian and the bad experience they had with SK/Lats/Lappy and they are being very careful. Leblanc is a special specimen though, he has his head screwed on straight.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:16 PM
  #404
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
its quite obvious that you are still in the "i am slightly aroused by men punching each other's face" closet ad that you pro fighting discourse ont prove it by stating rethoric facts and misguided opinions
You do realize this is hockey we are talking about, right? Not jazz-ballet. If you are SO against "men punching each other's faces" then why/how are you a fan of the sport?

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
  #405
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
its quite obvious that you are still in the "i am slightly aroused by men punching each other's face" closet ad that you pro fighting discourse ont prove it by stating rethoric facts and misguided opinions
Yep and i'm proud of it. Too bad you didn't get a chance to see really fun hockey in Montreal ! 1986 Baby ! FTW ! Every ****in team was scared ****less to get off the plane in Montreal.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
  #406
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Penner weights 260lbs? He seriously needs 6 months of Jenny Craig.
Yep 257 lbs.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:19 PM
  #407
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Yep 257 lbs.
Where did you saw that ? he is listed at 242 lbs in nhl.com, 257 seem to be high he would look chubby at that weight like Byfuglien.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
  #408
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Yep 257 lbs.
No wonder he's played like crap the last 2 years.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
  #409
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
we still won and dominated handily that game, i don't see your point

and gionta ran Reimer and hurt him, even if the laffs have Orr and Steckel in their lineup
David Steckel is one of the softest players in the league.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
  #410
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Well, when your 4th line is Richards - Bergeron - Toews and you have Morrow to complete while Jeff Carter is a healthy scratch. That's awesome hockey, but unfortunately, the talent is so dilluded that you can't afford that in the NHL. Bad comparison really.

College Hockey or CHL?
Still, no fights and still much more interesting

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:17 AM
  #411
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
So people who like MMA are neanderthals?

Go watch Will and Grace to feed your effete pansy instincts.

Seriously, how's the weather up there on your high-horse? It must get chilly at such an altitude.
nope, but if you wanna enjoy watching people fight, at least enjoy it when its a quality kind of violence, not some sideshow that pollutes a sport that aint got no need of it

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:27 AM
  #412
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
nope, but if you wanna enjoy watching people fight, at least enjoy it when its a quality kind of violence, not some sideshow that pollutes a sport that aint got no need of it
It's very interesting that you choose the word "need," there. According to who? You? What constitutes a need in an arbitrarily defined rule set?

It's a very interesting tactic you've chosen here: one that I've seen before. Generally anything to do with guns and society sees this argument brought up by people who would have private ownership stamped out. You see, you try to make the argument about "need," presupposing that if you don't "need" it, it can, and should be taken away for your own good. It's very difficult to answer because, well, you don't need anything in hockey, exactly. Strictly speaking, you don't need hitting either.

But that does only one thing, which is distract from the real point: what is such a big deal anyways? why does it need to be taken away?

But no matter, you'll just come back with some histrionics about bare-knuckle boxing on ice, which will really add something to the argument.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:31 AM
  #413
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
It's very interesting that you choose the word "need," there. According to who? You? What constitutes a need in an arbitrarily defined rule set?

It's a very interesting tactic you've chosen here: one that I've seen before. Generally anything to do with guns and society sees this argument brought up by people who would have private ownership stamped out. You see, you try to make the argument about "need," presupposing that if you don't "need" it, it can, and should be taken away for your own good. It's very difficult to answer because, well, you don't need anything in hockey, exactly. Strictly speaking, you don't need hitting either.

But that does only one thing, which is distract from the real point: what is such a big deal anyways? why does it need to be taken away?

But no matter, you'll just come back with some histrionics about bare-knuckle boxing on ice, which will really add something to the argument.
-Injures people
-Injures brains
-promotes violence to childrens
-makes us look like bloodthirsty animals
-shows the wrong lesson that you can just box the hell away from your problems
-Causes long term health problems

All of that for your personal enjoyment, nothing else

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:41 AM
  #414
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
-Injures people
Not nearly at the rate of other things in hockey: like hitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
-Injures brains
Likewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
-promotes violence to childrens
HERE IT LIES!

Wont someone please think of the children! Change the record buddy.

Violence exists in this world. There is no sense in blinding children to this fact. One beautiful thing about the north american brand of hockey is it teaches kids how to stand up to bullies.

You meet people in this world who have never learned this, and you know exactly who they are. It shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
-makes us look like bloodthirsty animals
To whom, and why do you care?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
-shows the wrong lesson that you can just box the hell away from your problems
All solutions should be come to by consensus, absolutely.

I give this point major down-twinkles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
-Causes long term health problems
Inherent in any sporting activity is some element of risk to one's health, safety, and well-being. Get over it. The athletes have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
All of that for your personal enjoyment, nothing else
That's the crux of the issue isn't it: I want it, and you don't. The difference is, the athletes themselves are on my side, and you don't have a single valid reason to change the sport as we know it.

BTW, fighting isn't exactly a legal play anyways: you get a 5 minute major for it, as well as an instigator if it permits. If you do something more severe you can get a game misconduct(ie. punching a player/ref when they're down, defenseless etc). This is pretty on par with other illegal plays.

edit: Also, three of your points are all the same point. So take my responses to them as all part and parcel.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:21 AM
  #415
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,666
vCash: 1707
the real question is: can leblanc fight?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:00 AM
  #416
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
its quite obvious that you are still in the "i am slightly aroused by men punching each other's face" closet ad that you pro fighting discourse ont prove it by stating rethoric facts and misguided opinions
The Rocket is rolling in his grave.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:23 AM
  #417
psychonaut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Not nearly at the rate of other things in hockey: like hitting.



Likewise.



HERE IT LIES!

Wont someone please think of the children! Change the record buddy.

Violence exists in this world. There is no sense in blinding children to this fact. One beautiful thing about the north american brand of hockey is it teaches kids how to stand up to bullies.

You meet people in this world who have never learned this, and you know exactly who they are. It shows.



To whom, and why do you care?




All solutions should be come to by consensus, absolutely.

I give this point major down-twinkles.



Inherent in any sporting activity is some element of risk to one's health, safety, and well-being. Get over it. The athletes have.



That's the crux of the issue isn't it: I want it, and you don't. The difference is, the athletes themselves are on my side, and you don't have a single valid reason to change the sport as we know it.

BTW, fighting isn't exactly a legal play anyways: you get a 5 minute major for it, as well as an instigator if it permits. If you do something more severe you can get a game misconduct(ie. punching a player/ref when they're down, defenseless etc). This is pretty on par with other illegal plays.

edit: Also, three of your points are all the same point. So take my responses to them as all part and parcel.
Not sure how this became a fighting debate but your 1st too points you (and many hockey fan) are cherry picking the information.

Yes there a more injuries from hitting then fighting but there what 20-30 hits in a game while there maybe 1 fight.
Bring that number up too 10-20 per game and its would no longer be there same.

The standing up too bullies (hockey style) is not really something I would want too teach my kids. The idea of if someone is bullying you, pay a bigger kid too kick his a**.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
  #418
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,493
vCash: 500
Hum... This is a thread about Louis Leblanc or about fighting? Quit the verbal *****-slapping guys, you won't solve the issue here and now.

So, LL in the NHL 3rd line or AHL 1st line?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:57 AM
  #419
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hum... This is a thread about Louis Leblanc or about fighting? Quit the verbal *****-slapping guys, you won't solve the issue here and now.

So, LL in the NHL 3rd line or AHL 1st line?
3rd line NHL! i really liked what i saw from him on the line with Eller and AK

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
  #420
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hum... This is a thread about Louis Leblanc or about fighting? Quit the verbal *****-slapping guys, you won't solve the issue here and now.

So, LL in the NHL 3rd line or AHL 1st line?
With Gomez & White out, we don't have to make that decision. Put him on the NHL 3rd line and see how he fares. When the Gomer is ready to come play we evaluate what Louis has done. I don't want to jump the gun but I think Louis will bring more to the rink than our 7.3 million dollar myopic & anemic man.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:26 AM
  #421
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,493
vCash: 500
Agree with both of you. He has good energy and chemistry with our Puck Possession Grandmaster and Shooting Magician.

It's probably all about giving these two the opportunity to create a good play.

AK ain't very good in Boucher-events but he shoots amazingly.

Eller carry the puck like almost no one but just can't finish for the Love of Roy.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
  #422
Mr Rogers
Registered User
 
Mr Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Of course, Martin goes with the most logical choice and puts Leblanc back on the 4th line. Darche and 5 minutes of ice time suit him better. There's no point in having a 2B line on this offensive juggernaut team we already have.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/hio-at-practice

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
  #423
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Send the kid back. JM's brilliant decisions will only hinder his developement.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM
  #424
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
Leblanc better play with Eller and Kostitsyn tomorrow or JM is a complete fool....

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:51 AM
  #425
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,493
vCash: 500
Seriously. Putting him on the 4th line over sending him back to the AHL?!?

THATS THE WORST DECISION TO MAKE..

Although he does have this "energy" factor that would help the 4th line.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.