HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 23 @ Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 78 58.65%
Ryan Callahan 15 11.28%
Michael Del Zotto 11 8.27%
Ruslan Fedotenko 22 16.54%
Marian Gaborik 12 9.02%
Dan Girardi 9 6.77%
Carl Hagelin 7 5.26%
Henrik Lundqvist 12 9.02%
Ryan McDonagh 33 24.81%
John Mitchell 2 1.50%
Brandon Prust 2 1.50%
Brad Richards 49 36.84%
Michael Sauer 31 23.31%
Derek Stepan 102 76.69%
Other 1 0.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem we have been lucky the last 2 games. Coming from behind against 2 poor teams. We played well against the Pens even though they kind of self-destructed. But the last 2 games we really didn't play well. Even Hank had a soft game last night. Good thing he only faced 26 shots. We are going to have to be better vs Toronto.
We were a lot better than Carolina and Tampa IMO, but flukey goals made those games closer than they should have been. Actually none of the goals allowed in the last two games came from being outplayed.

One-timer directly off of the face-off.

Weird bounce from blocked shot that only Skinner saw gave him time and space.

Joslin's shot was heading for the corner until it hit Fed's stick.

Puck just ended up in the slot while Stepan screened the goalie.

Pyatt takes a low shot from the outside that Hank decides not to save for some reason.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:38 AM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Think he was benched. Pretty much a complete non-factor throughout the game, albeit not a liability, either.
He was a non factor in five minutes of ice time. You don't get benched for that while on the 4th line. You have to do something to get benched. You have to screw up somehow. There's some reason for why he was benched the entire third. It's not because he was a non-factor in his limited ice time.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

My harddrive decided to screw me over, so I missed yet another game exept for the 2 first minutes. Had to hook up the old rig eventually.

Nice to see the boys rally from that start. There's no way we would've managed to do that a year ago.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:48 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

1. Stepan
2. Richards
3. Anisimov

This team just keeps winning. Showed a lot of guts tonight.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Whole defense was the star of the game, should have been a shutout, Hank probably wishes he had both of those goals back

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:21 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
He was a non factor in five minutes of ice time. You don't get benched for that while on the 4th line. You have to do something to get benched. You have to screw up somehow. There's some reason for why he was benched the entire third. It's not because he was a non-factor in his limited ice time.
He was benched because Torts doesn't trust him defensively in a close game. He did the same thing last year with MZA.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:00 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem we have been lucky the last 2 games. Coming from behind against 2 poor teams. We played well against the Pens even though they kind of self-destructed. But the last 2 games we really didn't play well. Even Hank had a soft game last night. Good thing he only faced 26 shots. We are going to have to be better vs Toronto.
good teams find ways to win...you aren't gonna play perfect every night but you find a way to get the 2 points

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

So ****ing happy right now, I was refreshing the score every second and seeing that we won again is great. 15-5-3 record is ****ing awesome.

Hanke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
i had to miss the game becaue my wife and i had to pick up our new dog we adopted about an hour and a half away from where we live, but i was refreshing my phone the whole ride...so excited we came back again and won it...that's awesome!!! 5 game winning streak, #2 in our division only 3 points behind pittsburg with 4 games in hand!!!!

side not i cannot believe boston's goal differential +34 i think i saw it, they have scored more than us, but we have the same goals against as them

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
That was also ten years ago. A lot has changed since then.

Great game, although sort of boring for the first two periods. Richards is on fire.
Yeah and if I remember correctly, 10 years ago that team also had a December/January where they went like 2-12-4 or something.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Even Woywitka has I think 5 points on the season.

Eminger actually is decently skilled, don't know why he doesn't put up more points. He doesn't seem to be the brightest player on the ice.
Hah, that's putting it mildly. Eminger is functionally retarded. One of the main reasons he's had such a hard time staying with one team in the NHL (and even remaining in the NHL). There are very few players with worse hockey sense than him.

One of the main reasons he is effective with us is that we limit his ice time and pair him with someone who lacks skill but at least has a decent head on his shoulders (Woywitka).

I do like Eminger a lot as a bottom pairing guy with limited time. I didn't even think he'd work out this well when we first brought him in (granted, NO one did). Nice to see him become useful as a NHL player.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:10 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Hah, that's putting it mildly. Eminger is functionally retarded. One of the main reasons he's had such a hard time staying with one team in the NHL (and even remaining in the NHL). There are very few players with worse hockey sense than him.

One of the main reasons he is effective with us is that we limit his ice time and pair him with someone who lacks skill but at least has a decent head on his shoulders (Woywitka).

I do like Eminger a lot as a bottom pairing guy with limited time. I didn't even think he'd work out this well when we first brought him in (granted, NO one did). Nice to see him become useful as a NHL player.
His pass in the defensive zone last night was hilarious.

And I agree, he's easily the dumbest player on the squad (yes, even dumber then Boyle).

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Eminger reminds me of one of my old friends. Stupid with more stupid on top. He is solid for a third pairing guy, but man he needs to get smarter. He holds onto pucks behind the net way too long and makes bad decisions with the puck. Needs to learn the game better with the puck.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Im not going to call him a dumb hockey player, but I think that if he was more sure of what type of a player he is he would be more effective.

At times, for a guy with 0 assists he almost looks like he thinks he is a PMD. Then he'll go way out of position to throw huge hit or get caught pinching up ice like last game.

12-04-2011, 12:34 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Eminger reminds me of one of my old friends. Stupid with more stupid on top. He is solid for a third pairing guy, but man he needs to get smarter. He holds onto pucks behind the net way too long and makes bad decisions with the puck. Needs to learn the game better with the puck.
Exactly like my friend. Even looks like him. We call him Steve jokingly. Pansy with the puck, over stick-handles like he's trying to impress someone, when he would get too comfortable in high school he would play awfully. When he knew his role he was actually capable of playing sound.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:15 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i had to miss the game becaue my wife and i had to pick up our new dog we adopted about an hour and a half away from where we live, but i was refreshing my phone the whole ride...so excited we came back again and won it...that's awesome!!! 5 game winning streak, #2 in our division only 3 points behind pittsburg with 4 games in hand!!!!

side not i cannot believe boston's goal differential +34 i think i saw it, they have scored more than us, but we have the same goals against as them
What kind of pooch did you get?

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Im not going to call him a dumb hockey player, but I think that if he was more sure of what type of a player he is he would be more effective.

At times, for a guy with 0 assists he almost looks like he thinks he is a PMD. Then he'll go way out of position to throw huge hit or get caught pinching up ice like last game.
He was drafted as a first round pick after having a monster offensive season for Kitchener. He's not a very bright player, and every so often, he tries to show that he has the ability to contribute offensively, but most of the time, he ends up hurting his team in these moments. He was always a poor defender until he got here and Tortorella must have made it very clear to him that dedication to defense will be the only thing that let's him stick in this league, yet he still has these brain farts where he chases guys for hits, Exelby style.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Eminger has only been noticeably bad in 3 or so games.

Ideally he's a number 7 but i'm fine with him so far.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Gotta like his toughness...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM
stasiewich
Monahan 4 president

Just love watching this team win!

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
24 sv 26 shots = .923
That's above average. People need to quit picking on things that aren't wrong.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

And he would be a number 7 if we had a certain someone playing, rather than just starting to skate this season

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
And he would be a number 7 if we had a certain someone playing, rather than just starting to skate this season
I'm fairly certain that Woywitka will get bumped out of the lineup before Eminger.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
OverTheCap

My biggest gripe with Eminger right now is his lack of speed. Good Lord, is he slow. He did his best impression of a pylon last night during Pyatt's goal.

Ideally, Eminger should be a healthy scratch against fast teams such as Montreal, Tampa Bay, Florida, etc. He gets beat too easily against speedy skaters.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
My biggest gripe with Eminger right now is his lack of speed. Good Lord, is he slow. He did his best impression of a pylon last night during Pyatt's goal.

Ideally, Eminger should be a healthy scratch against fast teams such as Montreal, Tampa Bay, Florida, etc. He gets beat too easily against speedy skaters.
Think Stralman is going to do much better out there?

I'd rather defer to Eminger, at least he knows the system/style the Rangers play and the coaching staff knows what to expect of him...

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote