HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Hot Or Not : Darche COLD

Old
12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
ericd

vCash: 500
NHL Hot Or Not : Darche COLD

What is wrong with Mathieu Darche?

http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff...hl&mode=hotnot

ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:06 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
not enough pp time

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
habtastic

Wastes too much energy being polite to the opponents, diffusing controversial situations and saying sorry.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Darche had one good (and surprising) year in the NHL. Made a lot of people, including management, forget why he's a career AHLer.
Re-signing him was just useless.

Nothing against the guy, but he brings close to nothing. Last year he played with a magic stick, pretty much tying his career goal total. But that's all it was. He should be in the AHL. If our forwards are healthy when White comes back, then I expect Darche to be the first guy out.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Darche had one good (and surprising) year in the NHL. Made a lot of people, including management, forget why he's a career AHLer.
Re-signing him was just useless.

Nothing against the guy, but he brings close to nothing. Last year he played with a magic stick, pretty much tying his career goal total. But that's all it was. He should be in the AHL. If our forwards are healthy when White comes back, then I expect Darche to be the first guy out.
With JM running the show I expect Cole to be out and Darche replaces him!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Krnage

maybe Darche missing Gomez

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Pleky Roks

He should have been put on waivers long ago....just like Gomez!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

He's colder than Antartica.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
tdecheno

Nothing wrong with him. He just always sucked, good for him and his close to million dollar salary for sucking.

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Maitz
Chucky#27

6 min of icetime less and not in the top 9 anymore

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:33 AM
habtastic

to be fair, I think he's just holding a spot for Ryan White on the 4th. The PP thing I don't get aside from that it worked a number of times last year, but this year we don't have two bomb shots from the point, just one on each wave, so I'd rather see Eller out there rather than him. Even Moen would be a better idea.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I think Darche is a good 4th liner. Seems like a lot of people would love to have a EA Sports kind of 4th line with Forsberg, Selanne and Fedorov on it. Truth is, the 4th line really doesn't make that much of a difference in a game. Darche and Nokelainen are doing a good enough job there. They play 5-10 minutes of solid hockey every game and everyone who whines about them is just really looking for things to ***** about.

That said, I am looking for the return of White. If only to boot the 7th dman out of that line. Also, White can create some energy and momentum. I enjoyed watching him last year, and I'm looking forward to his return. But don't kid yourself, he's not going to make that big of a difference.

Edit - As for the PP time... Yikes. That was bad. But the reason he was on the power play was that he was one of the few players on this team that was willing to sacrifice the body and screen the goalie.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:12 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Darche is a solid 4th liner. He made two great plays in the first period last game, both close to Price. First one probably saved a goal. As long as he doesn't get PP time, he's a responsible and smart player who can chew up 8-10 minutes a game.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:52 AM
coolasprICE

i'm happy a guy like darche took 1.5 mil off the books over the last 3 years

local guy, worked hard for a dream, and it's not like he's the reason the team didn't win the cup in the last 2 seasons

I find it odd to rag on 35 yr guys who committed everything for a dream and finally make it, who make close to league min., while there are bigger problems such as overpaid millionaires doing nothing...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:55 AM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Darche is a solid 4th liner. He made two great plays in the first period last game, both close to Price. First one probably saved a goal. As long as he doesn't get PP time, he's a responsible and smart player who can chew up 8-10 minutes a game.
Exactly this. The PP time has got to go.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:06 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

So much hate for a guy who's giving his 100% every shift, who's responsible defensively, who's a great veteran presence and a good teammate and who rarely takes any bad penalty. I dare every Darche hater to express the same kind of hate for Nokelainen, who's a very similar player with similar offensive numbers, but who's immune from the hate of anglo fans because he's lucky enough not to have a French name.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
i'm happy a guy like darche took 1.5 mil off the books over the last 3 years

local guy, worked hard for a dream, and it's not like he's the reason the team didn't win the cup in the last 2 seasons

I find it odd to rag on 35 yr guys who committed everything for a dream and finally make it, who make close to league min., while there are bigger problems such as overpaid millionaires doing nothing...
i hate myself for this, but i agree with this man. ill just add that he is on the pp because that's one of the things he does well, is screen the goalie. no hard shot from the point, he is much less useful there...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Andy

He sucks, that's what's wrong. I don't say this because I hate him, I just think he's been awful outside of a few defensive plays. He seems totally 1 step behind every offensive play. Looks like an old man out there.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:20 AM
PunkinDrublic*

So we should have a guy in the line up because it was his dream, and he's living out his dream ? Ahhhh so cute ! I couldn't give a rats ass. We all know he is JM's mole in the room. Little frickin snitch. This i have heard personally from other former NHL players, and yes Quebec players. Once JM's gone so is the mole.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

It was a nice story seeing him in the NHL doing well last year after being a minor leaguer all those years, but plain and simple he's not an every day NHL player. I don't mind him playing 10-20 games a year but the guy shouldn't ever be playing every day if your team wants to actually make the playoffs.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:50 AM
TheRedKnight

Guys stop hating the players on your favorite team, it just stupid.
He's a 4th line replacement player. Jacques Martin for some reason plays him on the PowerPlay and on occasion the top 9, which I think is rarely effective. But on the 4th line to throw a few hits is just fine.

TheRedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

he's being used outside of his role by JM, which isn't doing darche any favors. he was signed as a 13th forward. when white comes back, darche sits

Old
12-05-2011, 08:07 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
So we should have a guy in the line up because it was his dream, and he's living out his dream ? Ahhhh so cute ! I couldn't give a rats ass. We all know he is JM's mole in the room. Little frickin snitch. This i have heard personally from other former NHL players, and yes Quebec players. Once JM's gone so is the mole.
i personally think you're full of it, but you need to put up or shut up.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:20 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Maybe he's garnered more respect from the opposition. Although older he was relatively new a few years ago. They've caught onto him and he doesn't have the talent to adjust. Reminds of a sophomore slump that will never end.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:32 AM
otto bond

Darche to me is a perfect 13th forward. Last year's offensive # where a real bonus but at the same time, I can see him potting 10 goals or so. He can help you in a jam, will not complain to the media, helps young guns, motivates just about anyones and is a coach's suck up.
What exactly are we expecting from the guy? Sure he's not a top 6 winger but if he was, he would cost more. Bottom line is, he is fine.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote