HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey @ Winnepeg - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I'd like to keep Sykora with Elias. Other than that I don't care what they do but I think something should be done unless they enjoy losing streaks and not scoring.
Exactly. Sykora should stay with Elias no matter where he is.

Everyone else is fair game.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:20 AM
apice3*

Why does Sykora need to have Elias? Are people confusing Sykora and Rolston?

The only time he was without Elias was the preseason, which was the best he's been all year. It's not like Sykora is setting the world on fire anyway. He has what, 4 goals and 3 of them came off of faceoff quick shots.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:47 AM
MadDevil

If putting Elias with Kovy gets Kovy going, I could care less where Sykora ends up. I think it's a little more important to get the star winger that's signed for another 14 years going than the guy who made the team as a tryout.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Agreed with both of the last two posts.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:57 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
If putting Elias with Kovy gets Kovy going, I could care less where Sykora ends up. I think it's a little more important to get the star winger that's signed for another 14 years going than the guy who made the team as a tryout.
A great point that I didn't even think of. Well done.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:21 AM
GDDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
A great point that I didn't even think of. Well done.
Not to mention that Zubrus and Elias are better together than Sykora and Elias.

Sykora doesn't cycle well and the other two have proven they can do it pretty well without a third participant. I'd rather have Kovy be on the receiving end of their hard work than Sykora. Also both Elias and Zubrus are defensively responsible and may help cover some of Kovy's giveaway.

Not sure I'd put Sykora with Parise though. I think he should slide to the third line for now. Both Teddy and Clarkson have shown they have chemistry with Henrique. One of them should get a shot on the first line.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Why does Sykora need to have Elias? Are people confusing Sykora and Rolston?

The only time he was without Elias was the preseason, which was the best he's been all year. It's not like Sykora is setting the world on fire anyway. He has what, 4 goals and 3 of them came off of faceoff quick shots.
Couldn`t agree more.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

They've gotta turn it around now cause it's getting bad. I don't think we can lose over 30 games, and expect to make it into the playoffs with how tight things are looking to be this season. At least not over 30 regulation losses. It's not too late to turn it around yet. We were on pace to maybe get a 6th-8th seed spot before this streak started to happen.

It's okay to lose, but not because of shorthanded goals like this. This is uncalled for. No reason this should be happening. Pretty sure Washington, and one other team that's over in the Western Conference has 4 shorthanded goals against. I forgot the other team. That was as of earlier this evening. Those are the highest next to us. Don't know what Chico was talking about saying the Devils were tied in shorthanded goals given up before last nights. Maybe last week we have.

We've lost 3 of the last 7 games due to shorthanded goals, and that was the difference in this 3. 3 of the last 7 games I mean. I'm not even talking about 3 of the last 7 losses. I'm talking games.

We lost 2 of the last 3 to sloppy play, and gave up more than one shorthanded chance last night, and a few in Minnesota which never came to be.

This team was the best team in the NHL the second half of last season. Mostly the same team. Minus Rolston, Anssi Salmella, Jacob Josefson, and the biggest loss Zajac. And we are plus Zach Parise, Adam Henrique, and Petr Sykora, Bryce Salvador, and the 4th overall pick Defenceman Adam Larsson, and a few others less significant like 4th liners.

Nick Palmieri was great last season don't know what happened. Henrique makes up for Josefson, Sykora makes up for Rolston, because Rolston wasn't really playing any better, Larsson, and Salvador at least combined should make up for Salmella. Parise should make up for Zajac right now, but really Zajac plays better D.

Zharkov played more games last year too right?

SNAP OUT OF IT! I have to blame coaching to an extent. They're trying things that don't work.

Also stop playing Kovy for 25+ minutes a night! What's the point? That opens him up to even more criticism!

Closed Thread