HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official MLB Thread 4 (Marlins, Reyes close)

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
savebyrichter35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
I'm disappointed in some of you guys saying you don't care anymore and you won't support them. I would have expected everybody on a sports forum remain loyal to their team through the winning and especially the losing. It's all a part of being a TRUE fan. Us Rangers fans have seen some bad teams, but seeing them win like they are now makes it feel even better. You can't give up on your team!
Give me one reason why any of us Mets fans should give the Wilpons a penny of our money when we all want them to sell the team. The less money they make = the more likely they are to sell the team. I know I won't be giving the Mets a penny of my money until the Wilpons sell them. I'm a Mets, Jets, Rangers, and St. John's basketball fan. No team/organization has gotten me more incensed than the Mets of the last 2-3 years. I've absolutely had it. I'm PRAYING the Wilpons lose every single one of their lawsuits.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Jon Stewart summed up how I'm feeling when he said, "As a Mets fan who do I hate more the yankees, the braves, or the phillies? That would have to be the Mets. As a Mets fan I hate the Mets the most."

Old
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
I'm disappointed in some of you guys saying you don't care anymore and you won't support them. I would have expected everybody on a sports forum remain loyal to their team through the winning and especially the losing. It's all a part of being a TRUE fan. Us Rangers fans have seen some bad teams, but seeing them win like they are now makes it feel even better. You can't give up on your team!
Im not a Mets fan, but i'll answer this.

There's a difference between giving up on your team if they're just bad and losing compared to giving up on a team because of the ownership. The Wilpn's refusal to spend money and sell the team... They don't care about you so why should you care for them?

Old
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
useref15

I get it. But you guys are also the same people who make fun of the Islanders for not showing up to games and etc. Isn't it the same thing? You are a fan of the sweater/jersey....not the owner.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:43 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
I get it. But you guys are also the same people who make fun of the Islanders for not showing up to games and etc. Isn't it the same thing? You are a fan of the sweater/jersey....not the owner.
I'm sorry, but when your owner continues to **** you (again, far FAR more than anything Dolan has ever done) then you need to re-evaluate your priorities. I've liked the Mets since I've been a kid (86 World Series FTW). I have never seen an owner **** their own fans like this in what should be a big market. This is some sad, pathetic small market garbage.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Can't wait til this team has a new owner. Sandy is doing what he can with the cards he was given by management. I hope he outlasts the owners of this team cause he is amazing at what he does.

The day I'll watch this team consistently again is when they buyout Jason Bay, trade Santana at the deadline and put pieces together to potentially win games. My hope is within 2-3 years our young pitching comes around (Wheeler, Mejia, Familia, etc) combine with our current players (Wright, Davis, Niese) and we can somewhat put a good product on the field. It's amazing, but 5 years ago the same team was 1 game from playing in the World Series. How quickly things plummet. This team has 2 years where it'll be the red-headed stepchild of the NL East and possibly the entire NL.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

What are the Marlins trying to do; be the Yankees?

It was cool when we bought the whole league. Now everyone's doing it

Old
12-05-2011, 01:16 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

I agree with most...i mentally and physically can not support this team anymore. I ve been a diehard fan my whole life, but how much more can we really take? Why should I put more time and money into a team that isnt going to put anything back. It one thing if you jump ship just because your team loses, but our ownership literally could care less about the fans. This is NEW YORK, not Kansas City...its an absolute disgrace that we don't have the resources to resign a fan favorite homegrown talent. Wright and Reyes are the equivalent of letting Hank walk away from the rangers. Could you imagine if we let hank walk away without even an offer?! Im tired of investing so much into a team that doesnt invest in me.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:21 AM
darko

Poor Mets fans.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:47 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Honestly, I can't be too furious. 6 years+ at that money is nuts, especially when it's very possible Jose will do what he did after his DL stints this year.

I know I haven't been a Mets fan as long as you guys and I loved watching Jose play this year, but honestly it's not going to turn me off of baseball.

The Wilpons are really trash though. That's the worst thing, that this team has such ****** owners.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:08 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Honestly, I can't be too furious. 6 years+ at that money is nuts, especially when it's very possible Jose will do what he did after his DL stints this year.

I know I haven't been a Mets fan as long as you guys and I loved watching Jose play this year, but honestly it's not going to turn me off of baseball.

The Wilpons are really trash though. That's the worst thing, that this team has such ****** owners.
Nor should it; whether you've been a Mets fan for 1, 10, 20, or 50 years, not making a bad decision should never have that effect. Overpaying to keep a homegrown fan favorite is one thing, but the contract the Marlins gave him is really absurd.

That being said, this blows so much.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm sorry, but when your owner continues to **** you (again, far FAR more than anything Dolan has ever done) then you need to re-evaluate your priorities. I've liked the Mets since I've been a kid (86 World Series FTW). I have never seen an owner **** their own fans like this in what should be a big market. This is some sad, pathetic small market garbage.
This doesn't really answer his question though.. Islander fans go through this crap every year and Ranger fans make fun of them all the time because they don't show up. I don't see the difference here. My family is mostly Met fans and we go to games all the time because they are still fans and want to see their favorite team live. It's weird that you were one of the main people rooting against the Islanders during the vote for their new arena for this reason and you support Met fans not showing up. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

12-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
This doesn't really answer his question though.. Islander fans go through this crap every year and Ranger fans make fun of them all the time because they don't show up. I don't see the difference here. My family is mostly Met fans and we go to games all the time because they are still fans and want to see their favorite team live. It's weird that you were one of the main people rooting against the Islanders during the vote for their new arena for this reason and you support Met fans not showing up. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.
If isles fans don't support the team it's leaving. If mets fans don't support the team, the wilpons are leaving. Also the leagues are completely different in terms of how much each team spends on the players. Part of the reason mets fans are upset right now is we were outbid by the marlins. How is that possible? We're a NY team, not some small market team. Plus the isles started rebuilding when they were bad. The mets don't seem to have a clear plan the fans can get behind. It seems like they're somewhat trying to be decent now and hope to be better in the future. If we're in rebuilding mode than why is wright still here? Why did we keep reyes last year? Why is Dickey here? And where are the promising young players?

Old
12-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
If isles fans don't support the team it's leaving. If mets fans don't support the team, the wilpons are leaving. Also the leagues are completely different in terms of how much each team spends on the players. Part of the reason mets fans are upset right now is we were outbid by the marlins. How is that possible? We're a NY team, not some small market team. Plus the isles started rebuilding when they were bad. The mets don't seem to have a clear plan the fans can get behind. It seems like they're somewhat trying to be decent now and hope to be better in the future. If we're in rebuilding mode than why is wright still here? Why did we keep reyes last year? Why is Dickey here? And where are the promising young players?
That still has nothing to do with the question. If the fans are loyal, they would show up no matter what. Plenty of the Ranger fans here said they would show up to the games no matter what and those same fans kept criticizing Islander fans. The weird thing is that some of those Ranger fans are also Met fans and now have no problem with people not showing up to Met games. If I was a Met fan, I would go to the same amount of games as I would go to if they were winning.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
That still has nothing to do with the question. If the fans are loyal, they would show up no matter what. Plenty of the Ranger fans here said they would show up to the games no matter what and those same fans kept criticizing Islander fans. The weird thing is that some of those Ranger fans are also Met fans and now have no problem with people not showing up to Met games. If I was a Met fan, I would go to the same amount of games as I would go to if they were winning.
Doublethink? What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander? I doubt people actually boycott, but I understand people not going out of their way to be at every game this year. It's hard when your team stinks, it's harder when they seem to be choosing to stink. That's part of the difference between the Mets and Islanders. The islanders are trying to be good, look at them trading for the rights to Ehrhoff. It's just no players want to sign there. With the Mets it's we just don't feel like paying people. That's a little tougher to swallow. We could have had Reyes if we were willing to pay him.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Continue here

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post40446641

Closed Thread