HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 3.0 - The "Does Anybody Want Christensen??" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 03:11 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
They fired their coach, and the players still suck.

People keep talking about how BB turned around Washington in 2007 -- look at the division and the teams they had to leapfrog -- Atlanta, Tampa, Carolina, Florida. Atlanta were the reigning div champions

No way the Ducks can leapfrog much better teams in the WC. BB needs horses on his bottom lines and on defense.

The fact that there was no reported rift between Ryan and anybody in the Anaheim organization shows how desperate the team is -- to the point where they are shopping him.

But I dont know why theyre shopping him. Money isnt an issue. They have 25 million in cap space coming off at the end of this season.

If the Ducks are smart, they trade all their useful UFA's at the deadline for picks and prospects, draft in the top-3, then use all that cap space a-la Florida to lockup Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf long terms while signing useful depth players on the cheap after July 1.

Trading Ryan is the last thing that organization needs to do, but if they do, the Rangers should definitely make a pitch

Old
12-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Vitto79

Whens deadline day?

Old
12-03-2011, 03:53 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Whens deadline day?
feb 27th

Old
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
They fired their coach, and the players still suck.

People keep talking about how BB turned around Washington in 2007 -- look at the division and the teams they had to leapfrog -- Atlanta, Tampa, Carolina, Florida. Atlanta were the reigning div champions

No way the Ducks can leapfrog much better teams in the WC. BB needs horses on his bottom lines and on defense.

The fact that there was no reported rift between Ryan and anybody in the Anaheim organization shows how desperate the team is -- to the point where they are shopping him.

But I dont know why theyre shopping him. Money isnt an issue. They have 25 million in cap space coming off at the end of this season.

If the Ducks are smart, they trade all their useful UFA's at the deadline for picks and prospects, draft in the top-3, then use all that cap space a-la Florida to lockup Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf long terms while signing useful depth players on the cheap after July 1.

Trading Ryan is the last thing that organization needs to do, but if they do, the Rangers should definitely make a pitch
Apparently it is though.

They have an internal budget and too much - in the way of real dollars - committed to too few players. They also have way too much depth they need to fill out. Hence, pick one of the big three, trade him and get meaningful cash relief as well as 3-4 assets that go towards billing a more complete team (along the lines of what we have with the Rangers).

I am SO rooting for that team to keep losing, because the above scenario makes sense and the further out they get from PO position, the more obvious it is that they're building for future seasons and the more acceptable it is to get, say, one current NHL player and 2-3 meaningful prospects/picks.

Old
12-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
It occurs to me that Cammalleri would be terrific on Richard's LW.

If he wasnt 6 million a year, that is.

12-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
What are you basing that on? 1-way and 2-way contracts have nothing to do with waiver status. Either player can be sent down and either player would require waivers.
Correct, both players have to pass through waivers to be sent to the minors, but Christensen would have to go through re-entry waivers and Mitchell doesn't. For that reason alone, I think Christensen stays with the Rangers. As others have mentioned, he's the perfect depth forward to have.

Old
12-03-2011, 05:11 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
It occurs to me that Cammalleri would be terrific on Richard's LW.

If he wasnt 6 million a year, that is.
I concur. If he made a million less (and didn't get hurt so often) i'd pull the trigger if he was available. Maybe in a year or two.

Old
12-03-2011, 05:13 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
I'd take Cammalleri.

He + Richards in the playoffs would be terrifying for the other team.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-03-2011, 05:47 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOTiKM3 View Post
No GM worth a damn would trade the reigning Calder trophy award winner and budding superstar for depth. ... McDonagh, Stepan, 1A Propsect and 1st round pick. Throw in Dubinsky just for the hell of it as well.
That is exactly what u just suggested unless you really believe McDonagh is a 1D, Stepan 1AC.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:49 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Anaheim loses again, blowing a multi-goal lead once again - this time in regulation.

How much more of this before they capitulate and start planning for next year...?

Still thinking we have a shot at Ryan. Let's hope Thomas and St. Croix continue their recent dominance in juniors and increase their desirability as trade pieces as Anaheim gets more resigned to the notion that they don't need players that can necessarily contribute this season.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

haha somehow I knew this thread was gonna be bumped.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I really think that Ryan is going to end up getting delt. I really hope that if it is to the Rangers that they will not have to gut our prospect pool or lose important pieces to the team for him.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:09 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I really think that Ryan is going to end up getting delt. I really hope that if it is to the Rangers that they will not have to gut our prospect pool or lose important pieces to the team for him.
You have to give to get. And if you're getting the best player in the deal you have to be willing to part with important pieces.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Gibson Les Palms

I don't know if you guys will even want him. He's been ****ing awful, gutless performance again tonight.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You have to give to get. And if you're getting the best player in the deal you have to be willing to part with important pieces.
understood but I do not want a massive overpayment

Old
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
understood but I do not want a massive overpayment
Nobody wants that. Fortunately Sather is fairly competent at getting good value in trades, so I don't see us getting fleeced. No doubt any initial demands by Anaheim will be quite high, but the final package will be more reasonable...assuming they move him at all.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:35 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

According to the GDT on the Ducks board, Hiller called out the whole team after the loss. Apparently he went on a rant where slammed basically everyone (although without naming names). There's a small chance that serves as a momentum changer, but honestly, it sounds like they really do need to blow it up - not just change the guy at the top, but change the pieces he's working with so he can forge a new identity.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I don't know if you guys will even want him. He's been ****ing awful, gutless performance again tonight.
Still want. If he's giving you guys that much of a headache though, we'll gladly take him for Eric Christensen and Wolski.

12-04-2011, 11:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Still want. If he's giving you guys that much of a headache though, we'll gladly take him for Eric Christensen and Wolski.
Come on...that's unreasonable. Throw in a 2nd. lol

Old
12-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Gibson Les Palms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

But, really, he's gotta be one of the most tantalizing players in the NHL. Be careful for what you wish for. Hope that somebody offers up their farm near the deadline, but that's not likely. BM is also known to get worked on trades, though, so who knows. The Ducks are just so ****** right now.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:37 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post

But, really, he's gotta be one of the most tantalizing players in the NHL. Be careful for what you wish for. Hope that somebody offers up their farm near the deadline, but that's not likely. BM is also known to get worked on trades, though, so who knows. The Ducks are just so ****** right now.
If he's traded at the deadline, that more than likely means the Ducks aren't going to be heading to the playoffs. Do you think the deal would be more Futures heavy at that point?

Old
12-05-2011, 07:43 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Correct, both players have to pass through waivers to be sent to the minors, but Christensen would have to go through re-entry waivers and Mitchell doesn't. For that reason alone, I think Christensen stays with the Rangers. As others have mentioned, he's the perfect depth forward to have.
While that's true, I don't think that would factor too much into the Rangers' decision. If he's sent down, we can just leave him there. There are plenty of other players who can be called up instead (MZA, Newbury, Deveaux). And I think we can still bring Christensen back in an emergency situation without him passing through re-entry.

It's also possible that when Rupp and Wolski are back, 2 people get sent down. In that case, I would have to think that it would be 2 of Hagelin, Mitchell and Christensen. And I can't see Hagelin getting sent down, given the way he has played.

Christensen is only perfect as a 13th forward because he doesn't make a lot of money and we don't care if he never plays. But when he's actually needed to play, I'd say he's less than the perfect choice. Mitchell costs less and I'd much rather have him on the bench, should he be needed, than Christensen. Mitchell isn't much younger than Christensen anyway, so it's not like we'd be hurting his development by having him sit out some games.

Old
12-05-2011, 08:40 AM
NikC

With only quarter of the season done, i doubt the Ducks are writing off the playoffs. I can't see them waiting until February to make a trade if things continue like this.

Signing BB was big mistake. he's screaming at these guys already, he's desperate and he just got fired himself. Unless they go on a serious run, which is highly unlikely, a trade will happen before Feb.

Old
12-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
feb 27th
thanks Sir, the way its going I dont expect a move till that day and may have to take the day off work and make up the hrs another time,lol

Old
12-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
While that's true, I don't think that would factor too much into the Rangers' decision. If he's sent down, we can just leave him there. There are plenty of other players who can be called up instead (MZA, Newbury, Deveaux). And I think we can still bring Christensen back in an emergency situation without him passing through re-entry.

It's also possible that when Rupp and Wolski are back, 2 people get sent down. In that case, I would have to think that it would be 2 of Hagelin, Mitchell and Christensen. And I can't see Hagelin getting sent down, given the way he has played.

Christensen is only perfect as a 13th forward because he doesn't make a lot of money and we don't care if he never plays. But when he's actually needed to play, I'd say he's less than the perfect choice. Mitchell costs less and I'd much rather have him on the bench, should he be needed, than Christensen. Mitchell isn't much younger than Christensen anyway, so it's not like we'd be hurting his development by having him sit out some games.
we need to give Mitchell more time to keep it up. He didnt in TO but I think he is a NHL caliber player

thing is Rupp is back soon then what? who sits? Mitchell makes the most sense

also I want to see what people say at the end of the yr, Would you give Mitchell a 1 way deal as the spare F on the cheap?

If no big moves are made they already have in no particular order
Richards, Stepan, Boyle, Rupp
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Kreider, Hagelin
Gaborik, Callahan, Prust(re-sign)........u have to think a UFA winger?

Closed Thread