HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players the leafs could/should get.

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
TML1967

vCash: 500
Players the leafs could/should get.

I am a big advocate for bringing up Marcel Mueller, but that doesnt look like its going to happen. I think the leafs need to get some size in their top 9, preferably in their top 6.
SO this is a list of players I think the Leafs have a good chance of being able to attain, that can really add some more grit with a bit of skill.

Matt Martin, 6'3 210, LW, 22 years old, NYI. Leads league in hits. He a friend of mine from my home town, we used to watch HNIC. Favourite player was tucker and Roberts. Would love for him to be on our team. Hes fast as hell, him and brown would make one hell of a 'Honey Badger' line, or put him third line and see if he can develop some more offence.

Troy Brower, 6'3 213, RW, 26 y.o., WSH. I love watching this guy play. Decent speed, good vision for a big guy. He can put up 30-40 points, so if need be can play second line when were playing bigger more aggressive teams.

Chad LaRose, 5'10 190, RW, 29y.o. CAR. This guy has some serious speed and hits like a bus. Good defensively and another guy who can chip in +-30 points.

Derek Dorsett, 6'o 192, RW, 24y.o. CLB. Now this is the kind of guy I though Burke would bring in when he first got here. A guy who can skate decently, play solid defensively, but can actually hit and fight. In his WHL days he showed he could put up some points, and so far in the NHL has shown he can go toe to toe with most fighters, plays a scrappy grinding game, and can be a good fourth liner.

David Backes, 6'3 225, RW, 27y.o. STL. This by far and away the best skilled guy out of the bunch, but he still plays hard nosed hockey. His stats from last year were unreal to say the least. His cost would be high, but him being in our top 6 makes us bigger and more skilled (IMO).

I understand that none of these guys are coming for free or cheap, but most of them can skate pretty well/ decent for the spot in the line-up im picturing them. Id love to see us get bigger without sacrificing to much speed or offensive power.

Think any of these guys can be had? Please dont be too critical, just the hopes and dreams of a fan

Old
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
mooseOAK*

How on earth would anyone know if any of those guys would be available? Most of the people here can't even spell common words properly.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
TML1967

My response to that is two fold.
1. Any player can be had for a price. If as a GM you think you need size or grit, you go looking.
2. Only two of these guys are playing on teams that are doing well, so the possibility of a trade with slumping/ poorly performing teams is not uncommon.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:35 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

There is a speculation / trade / proposal stickied.

Move your eyes to the top of the screen and squint!

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread