HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#25|Dec. 3, 2011|Flyers at Coyotes |8:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

vCash: 500
Looks like the team played with some heart and emotion in the first then sat back for the rest of the game.They scored 4 in the first then nothing for the next 2 periods.Cant keep doing that they have to play for 60 mins not 20.......

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Go figure I miss the bulk of the game where Bryz was Bryzing it up...I was more occupied by watching Virginia Tech stumble, fall over, and pee in their own mouths on national TV. From what I saw though, it seemed like Bryz really held the team in it after the first. This is what happened, right? Confirm/Deny?
It was what you'd expect. The Coyotes pressed for two periods while the Flyers sat on a lead (doesn't really play into their style of hockey). Kind of ugly but nothing surprising and Bryz was good in that he had to make a high volume of saves, some on decent chances but nothing amazing. It's pretty much the kind of game you brought Bryz in here to play. I.e. "we gave you a four spot, now hold **** down".

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Doyle

Flyers Strange Road Trip; So Far, So Good
http://nhlhotstove.com/flyers-strang...o-far-so-good/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Looks like the team played with some heart and emotion in the first then sat back for the rest of the game.They scored 4 in the first then nothing for the next 2 periods.Cant keep doing that they have to play for 60 mins not 20.......
'Yotes changed goalies, which might have been part of it too.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:09 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
they could hav ebeen tired, they played less than 24 hours prior

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Also travelling to phoenix from Anaheim, they got in late. Makes a big difference.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
It was what you'd expect. The Coyotes pressed for two periods while the Flyers sat on a lead (doesn't really play into their style of hockey). Kind of ugly but nothing surprising and Bryz was good in that he had to make a high volume of saves, some on decent chances but nothing amazing. It's pretty much the kind of game you brought Bryz in here to play. I.e. "we gave you a four spot, now hold **** down".
Good summation. I had a laugh at the hit totals being so skewed. This was partly because the Coyotes were out of it early and spent the whole game running at Flyers instead of trying to get back in the game. Torres is a dirtbag. Doan was frustrated. Glad to see Smith get run out of the net.

Bryzgalov was very good this weekend. Cogliano goal was a bit fluky. He could never raise the puck over the goalie's pokecheck with one hand again in a million years. After that he literally saved the game with the save on Selanne.

Vs. the Yotes, he was solid thoughout. Very few rebounds, square to the shooters, agile.

Four big points.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I don't think so, really. The Flyers still had good scoring chances throughout the rest of the game, it wasn't like they laid back completely. It's only natural to try to protect the lead. Dump it out vs. passing, dump it in vs. a risky rush, etc.

The Yotes had a PP to start the 2nd. They needed to score. They didn't - the PK held. Game over.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:40 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Couldn't disagree more here, and I've been one of Bryz's biggest critics. He was outstanding last night. That one save where he had to make 3 saves in very close proximity (the last one throwing the pad against the post to stop what should've been an easy goal) was outstanding. And there were a couple more spectacular stops. Bryz was every bit the goalie we paid for last night, and if he continues to play like that, there will be no complaints from me.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Good summation. I had a laugh at the hit totals being so skewed. This was partly because the Coyotes were out of it early and spent the whole game running at Flyers instead of trying to get back in the game. Torres is a dirtbag. Doan was frustrated. Glad to see Smith get run out of the net.

Bryzgalov was very good this weekend. Cogliano goal was a bit fluky. He could never raise the puck over the goalie's pokecheck with one hand again in a million years. After that he literally saved the game with the save on Selanne.

Vs. the Yotes, he was solid thoughout. Very few rebounds, square to the shooters, agile.

Four big points.
yet when the Flyers do that its "at least they were physical even tho they lost."
If the Flyers had a player with 14 hits in a win or loss there would be several threads here on the subject.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote