HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 3.0 - The "Does Anybody Want Christensen??" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 08:49 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
With only quarter of the season done, i doubt the Ducks are writing off the playoffs. I can't see them waiting until February to make a trade if things continue like this.

Signing BB was big mistake. he's screaming at these guys already, he's desperate and he just got fired himself. Unless they go on a serious run, which is highly unlikely, a trade will happen before Feb.
They certainly aren't writing them off just yet...but the writing is on the wall. The will need to win about 35 of their remaining 56 games, as well as earn at least half a dozen loser points to sniff the post season. It's hard to win 2 of 3 for that long a stretch.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
They certainly aren't writing them off just yet...but the writing is on the wall. The will need to win about 35 of their remaining 56 games, as well as earn at least half a dozen loser points to sniff the post season. It's hard to win 2 of 3 for that long a stretch.
i agree, that's why i think the BB signing was just a PR move to save face temporarily. They don't have too much leverage in the trade dept. and i think they're just trying to buy time.

I think the rangers trade with one of Anhiem, Calagary, or Columbus at some point.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Ryan looked like **** last night as he did against Philly and Montreal. Boudreau demoted him to the 2nd line with the two Finns. Selanne replaced Ryan on the top PP unit. Anaheim wants 3 or 4 prime pieces for this guy. They need a #1 or #2 D in any deal they make for Ryan. Fowler is a horror show. He looks worse than MDZ did in his own end last season. That teams has big issues. They really miss Vishnovsky. They have no depth upfront. The two Finns are 100 years old. Their bottom 6 forwards stink. Belleskey was waived a few weeks ago and now he is a top 6 forward. Getzlaf looks like a different player. Let some other pay overpay for Ryan. I wondered last week why Anaheim wanted to dump Ryan. After watching them last week,Ryan looks lost. He has no confidence. Anaheim is not contracting after this season,why would they lower the price on Ryan? He is signed for 3 more years. Murray should unload Getzlaf ASAP. Getzlaf is free to walk after 12-13. Be proactive and move him.

Boudreau is not the problem.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ryan looked like **** last night as he did against Philly and Montreal. Boudreau demoted him to the 2nd line with the two Finns. Selanne replaced Ryan on the top PP unit. Anaheim wants 3 or 4 prime pieces for this guy. They need a #1 or #2 D in any deal they make for Ryan. Fowler is a horror show. He looks worse than MDZ did in his own end last season. That teams has big issues. They really miss Vishnovsky. They have no depth upfront. The two Finns are 100 years old. Their bottom 6 forwards stink. Belleskey was waived a few weeks ago and now he is a top 6 forward. Getzlaf looks like a different player. Let some other pay overpay for Ryan. I wondered last week why Anaheim wanted to dump Ryan. After watching them last week,Ryan looks lost. He has no confidence. Anaheim is not contracting after this season,why would they lower the price on Ryan? He is signed for 3 more years. Murray should unload Getzlaf ASAP. Getzlaf is free to walk after 12-13. Be proactive and move him.

I agree, but I also think that he has no confidence because his team is garbage and to fix it management just took on a failure of a coach IMO. Ryan is a very, very good hockey player. A few weeks of poor play on an awful, hopeless team is something I'd be willing to look past quickly if there were a reasonable deal for him on the table. He's a great player, just the LW that NYR needs. He's like Dubi only he's more or less a lock for 30 goals.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:49 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Boudreau wasn't going to be the answer. They have too many holes. I'd still take Ryan but I'm not going to pay the price ANA is asking for given how poorly he has played lately.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Ryan looked like **** last night as he did against Philly and Montreal. Boudreau demoted him to the 2nd line with the two Finns. Selanne replaced Ryan on the top PP unit.
This has nothing to do with Boudreau. Selanne always plays on the top PP unit. This has been going since at least last season. Ryan looked like **** just like the rest of their team looked like ****.

Quote:
Anaheim wants 3 or 4 prime pieces for this guy. They need a #1 or #2 D in any deal they make for Ryan. Fowler is a horror show. He looks worse than MDZ did in his own end last season. That teams has big issues. They really miss Vishnovsky. They have no depth upfront. The two Finns are 100 years old. Their bottom 6 forwards stink. Belleskey was waived a few weeks ago and now he is a top 6 forward.
I'd like to see how Del Zotto would have done if you switched his fellow blueliners with the likes of Sbisa, Beauchemin, and Alberts, and if you switched the Rangers defensively responsible, deep group of forwards with the Ducks' top-heavy group.

Quote:
Getzlaf looks like a different player. Let some other pay overpay for Ryan. I wondered last week why Anaheim wanted to dump Ryan. After watching them last week,Ryan looks lost. He has no confidence. Anaheim is not contracting after this season,why would they lower the price on Ryan? He is signed for 3 more years. Murray should unload Getzlaf ASAP. Getzlaf is free to walk after 12-13. Be proactive and move him.

RB, I always knew you weren't human with the way you gather data, but I think your robot brains are short circuiting. Trade Getzlaf? That would be one of the worst moves that franchise could possibly make. You want a team with some of the worst center ice depth in the league to trade a bonafide Stanley Cup winning #1 center in a league where the chances of them receiving a #1 center in return in such a trade are slim to none? A terrific passer with size and strength who has great chemistry with a top goalscorer. If they trade Getzlaf, they might as well trade everyone under the age of 23, because they'll be starting a rebuild with a deal like that, where they could never hope to receive a player as good as Getzlaf in exchange for him.

You don't trade players like Getzlaf, even if they are slumping. You said it yourself: their team stinks. No forward depth, terrible blueline. But they already have some of the big pieces. It makes sense for them to trade Ryan for some depth. Not Getzlaf. What the hell are Perry and Ryan going to do without Getzlaf? Who's going to center their first line? Koivu? Don't say Ryan, because as good as Ryan is, he's not much of a center.

Ryan may not be playing with confidence, but that's hardly a reason not to trade for him. Hard to play with confidence when you're playing for a poorly constructed team with little chance to do anything.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:03 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Anybody listening to NHL home ice just now? They mentioned the rangers and one of them said "now there's talk that they might swing a big deal?"

Probably just left over from the Ryan rumors but who knows

Old
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Anybody listening to NHL home ice just now? They mentioned the rangers and one of them said "now there's talk that they might swing a big deal?"

Probably just left over from the Ryan rumors but who knows
I just dont think they make a big deal until right before or somewhere after the ASG. The team is playing too good right now to do any tinkering. I'm not saying no moves should be made. I think they should definitely consider options but there's a time and place.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Wonder how Hagelin is on the shootout?
Doesn't matter if you keep winning in regulation.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Good, we can get Ryan while his stock is low.

Erik Christensen and Wade Redden for Bobby Ryan. DO IT!!!!

Old
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I just dont think they make a big deal until right before or somewhere after the ASG. The team is playing too good right now to do any tinkering. I'm not saying no moves should be made. I think they should definitely consider options but there's a time and place.
I am in total agreement here. Why fix what's not broke at the moment. Let's wait a bit and see what happens with the team/what's available towards the trade deadline.

Nothing wrong with throwing feelers out either...esp when its someone who does have skill.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Pizza

In a situation like the current Ryan Scenario, the waiting game is the best option. If Ryan's play continues it's down ward trend, the chances of doing a deal for less increase. I'm thinking the Ducks may want to change the GM before too long. Wait, and wait some more.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:50 PM
gotmonte

I dont care what ANYONE says. I want to keep EC on this team. Not at any cost. But to ship him off for anyone is silly.

He scores in the shootout and you cant take away the idea that the shootout gives you another point. And the seasons we have had, we got in the last game of the year. SO EACH AND EVERY POINT IS IMPORTANT.

I might be the minority, but I dont care. I want to keep him. When he shows his talents, he is pretty good. When he stinks, he stinks. It is what it is.

Atleast he has good moments.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Sather has shown a tremendous resolve to stay with and build the core of the team. There really haven't been any blockbusters the last several years and the only chance I see of something happening is if a perceived one sided deal falls into their lap. History is littered with plenty of examples of teams ruining their chemistry (see Philadelphia Flyers) in trying to upgrade their roster. Any changes will continue to come on the edges.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 50
I think you guys are right. There's no reason to trade for Ryan given how the Rangers are playing. Murray will surely ask for roster players in any trade and it wouldn't be worth it for the Rangers to mess up a roster that's playing very well. My feeling is that he's still quietly fielding offers even though he told Ryan that "things should quiet down now". Ryan didn't like Carlyle and the mgmt. wants to see how he responds to BB, but I believe that if he keeps playing poorly, and Murray gets a nice offer, he'll be moved. At this point, he doesn't even appear to be trying and has once again been removed from the 1st line. We'll see what happens...

Old
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Sather has shown a tremendous resolve to stay with and build the core of the team. There really haven't been any blockbusters the last several years and the only chance I see of something happening is if a perceived one sided deal falls into their lap. History is littered with plenty of examples of teams ruining their chemistry (see Philadelphia Flyers) in trying to upgrade their roster. Any changes will continue to come on the edges.
History is also littered of trades of multiple assets for all-star level players. The majority of those deals have the team getting the all-star player winning those deals.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I said this past summer that the Ducks were in huge trouble. But I was told that Fowler was going to build on his rookie success, that Perry was going to continue his MVP form, that Ryan would take the next step, that Koivu would keep up his stellar two way play, that Selanne will keep his motor running. The last one is the only thing that the Ducks apologists were right about.

I remember having a discussion with my friend (who also posts here) about this. He said moreorless what those defending the Ducks said. I said that while their top line is impressive, they have an old 2nd line and barely any bottom 6 depth, and at the time, I think they only had 10 NHL forwards under contract. I believe this was before they swung a deal for Cogliano. My solution for them was to trade either Ryan or Perry for a top 6 forward in their 20's and a bluechip offensive prospect that could step in as soon as this season. I got shot down by my friend back then, and flash forward to present day, the team is a mess, just as I thought it would be.

Boudreau isn't going to fix anything overnight there. Anaheim doesn't have anything near the depth that Washington had when he took charge there. As much as I dislike the guy, he's a good coach, but it's going to take a while for him to get results. The Ducks need depth, and fast, if they want to salvage this season.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
NYR Viper

Just for those people who think adding a Ryan-like player wouldn't be feasible:

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.666m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.500m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Carl Hagelin ($0.875m)
Michael Rupp ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Brandon Prust ($1.100m)
/ / John Mitchell ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.250m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($0.130m)
Steve Eminger ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($1.666m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,038,334; BONUSES: $1,462,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $5,261,666

Old
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Just for those people who think adding a Ryan-like player wouldn't be feasible:
Umm...Boyler

Quote:
Michael Del Zotto ($0.130m)
Not quite.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:28 PM
bernmeister

Quote:

I lowered my offer for Ryan when it was said in the last thread somebody thought his knees were bad.

While we should be careful what we wish for, Getzlaf and Perry still intrigue me.

Do we want to consider those two, and at what price?

Old
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Umm...Boyler

Not quite.
Hahaha. Caught that too.

'Course, doesn't change the fact that with Wolksi, Avery, Drury's cap hit & other nickles and dimes coming off the cap, it works just fine for next year. The issue is fitting him this year - and of course that works too if you trade Dubi the other way or if you move Wolski or any other of a number of other options.

One of the things that makes Ryan so attractive IS his cap hit for his production.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
hagsfan924

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Learn how to read. Seriously.

First of all, Ryan's value isnt as high as it was before as well.

The Ducks are one of the worst defensive teams in hockey. Dubinsky is infinitely better defensively than Ryan ever was, and he can play the wing or center.

Dubinsky has a higher PPG than Ryan this season. He can instantly play left wing with Perry and Getzlaf, and be on the top PP and PK unit.

Second, if you knew how to read, you'd see that i said that even our prospects' value increases with the NHL team winning, simply because the Rangers have had a reputation of drafting and developing good players.

For example, a GM might think...."The Rangers are one of the best defensive teams in the league, and have drafted or developed five really good defensemen as of right now, so they probably will do the same with McIlrath and Erixon"..
thank u for ur kind post. i am 16 years old and I have dyslexic problems. I really appreciate ur comments about my reading skills i hope that makes u feel better about urself.
all i was doing was saying what i thought about ur proposal and u attack me. that was really mean!

ryan is not a bad defense player and is a pretty good all around game. dubinski has less ppg this year than ryan so I dont know where you came up with that thing. unless my math is off-my math skills arent that good eitehrr so who knos.
erixon was not drafted by us and has only been in the system for like 4 months so I dont know if that makes much sense.
lastly I dont really think dubinsky would go from fourth line here to top line in anaheim.

by the way please dont make fun thats not rite and i didnt go and say anything bad about u based on ur username.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Told Carolina offered D Tomas Kaberle and a 2nd round pick to #CBJ for C Derick Brassard last month, but #CBJ GM Scott Howson declined
https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...61463404199938

Kaberle has a horrible contract. Brassard isn't much better.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Ughh Kaberle. Talk about your all-time coat tail riders.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...61463404199938

Kaberle has a horrible contract. Brassard isn't much better.
I wondered where all the posters are now that were clamouring for this guy the last few years...The Bruins won despite him.

Canes just got their version of Redden.

Closed Thread