HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Hot Or Not : Darche COLD

Old
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
id rather have a goon that can barely skate than mathieu ****ing darche on the 4th line
This x 1000 !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
FlavorFlav

Hmmmm...what could it be, what is up with Darche...

OH! that's right. He's garbage and only Montreal would grant him a charity shift every night. But such a hard worker! SO WAS RUDY...

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
id rather have a goon that can barely skate than mathieu ****ing darche on the 4th line
Bring back BGL !!!

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

Darche... What a bad 4rth line player...

A plug, nothing more nothing less. What's bad, though, is that we need toughness and he dosen't bring any. But what do I know heh ?

SmurfsFTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Asamu

Here is his interview at l'antichambre on May 21st if you missed it. (With English subtitles)

Part 1

Part 2

If we lose him, RDS will have only DD to interview before and after the game. Seriously, he was able to fill Metropolit's spot last year but this year he's playing with less talented players and with no PP time, of course his stats decrease. Good heart however but I doubt that he will be back next year.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:47 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
Darche... What a bad 4rth line player...

A plug, nothing more nothing less. What's bad, though, is that we need toughness and he dosen't bring any. But what do I know heh ?
Do you think it is fault ?

The guy was a carreer AHL player who has done impressively well last season , and probably helped the Habs to make the playoffs (with Halpern). The guy was the only one, and he is still one of the few, who's not afraid to park in the of the opponent's goalie.

Of course, he is far of being talented, and this year, he doesn't deserve a full time job. Injuries to other forwards had kept him in the line up.

But, please, stop bashing a spare part bottom liners who is making 600K.

Bash Gauthier to had been unable to get the competent, gritty, big 4th line players that we badly need.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

True Darche is the default interview subject and it's better him than Leblanc right now IMO let the rookie alone. So if Darche is, basically, an RDS reporter embedded with the Habs, can we find a better way to get those interviews? Is he the best we can do? I mean, until 2009 Darche was in the AHL, he was hardly an undiscovered gem, he is 35 years old. This is not a regular roster player -- never mind a guy to have on the PP unit when we have youngsters who need experience.

Good guy but bad decision to have him play so much, is it that hard to find a gritty franco to replace him? Have to say, if Michael Blunden was Michel Belanger I think he'd be playing and we might have a real 4th line.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM
PunkinDrublic*

interview the actual players on the team that count Price, Subban, Patches etc. Who gives a **** what language they speak.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

I have nothing against Darche but his period of usefulness is coming to an end. I'd rather have Chris Higgins (if Gainey hadn't also squandered him as well as McDonagh in his eagerness to get Gomez).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

Good guy but bad decision to have him play so much, is it that hard to find a gritty franco to replace him? Have to say, if Michael Blunden was Michel Belanger I think he'd be playing and we might have a real 4th line.
you want to know something funny? Both J-F Jacques Létourneau-Leblond were on waivers this season...

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
smon

Darche is the definition of expendable, but if confined to limited time and a PK role would not be a liability. So I wouldn't rush to criticize him provided Martin keeps him off the PP.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I have nothing against Darche but his period of usefulness is coming to an end. I'd rather have Chris Higgins (if Gainey hadn't also squandered him as well as McDonagh in his eagerness to get Gomez).
Where's that violin...I can't seem to find it.

Crying about losing Higgins is as "hindsight is 20/20" as it gets.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You can't have 3 Chris Higgins' making 1.6/1.9m on the fourth line, that doesn't make any sense. That means 4.8 to 5.7M in cap space just for the fourth line. Plus, it means talented players who will want top line minutes or at the very least 3rd line minutes. Plus, if you give 4th line minutes to a guy like Higgins, he isn't going to produce any more than Darche.

What you want is a defensively responsible fourth line that you can play 5 mins a game because you want to give more ice time to your top-9. So really, who gives a damn about the fourth line? Plus, you want to be able to pay them 500-600k max. You want to spend as little as possible on that line.

I'm happy with Darche because when he plays the role he's supposed to play, he does it fine: he's a filler that produces little offense but that creates little offensive chances for the opposite team, and he's out there only to kill time until the other lines get their breath back.

A goon wouldn't help. Laraque was a total failure and even if he had fought more often, he was so painful to look on the ice, he didn't belong in the NHL anymore. I really hope we don't ice that kind of player anymore. He got some pretty bad penalties, he played so little he was never on the ice in crucial moments so his fighting skills made no difference as a deterrent to the other team's dirtiness and he couldn't back check to save his life he was so god damn slow.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Where's that violin...I can't seem to find it.

Crying about losing Higgins is as "hindsight is 20/20" as it gets.
Substantial loss of brainpower on your part. Higgins wasn't the major loss in the trade, but a player who scored 20+ goals for several seasons and has been useful to Vancouver vs. Darche's totals? Or Gomez's, for that matter?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:34 PM
dcyhabs

I'd actually like to see the 4th line eat a few more minutes. Some of the top players in the league play better with more minutes. A number of habs need rest (Gionta, Gomez, Cammalari... Plekanec could use a few less defensive minutes, too). Shortening the bench leads to late game collapses lately.

A shutdown line would be a really good thing to have. A shutdown line without the first line centre on it.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:39 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
I'd actually like to see the 4th line eat a few more minutes. Some of the top players in the league play better with more minutes. A number of habs need rest (Gionta, Gomez, Cammalari... Plekanec could use a few less defensive minutes, too). Shortening the bench leads to late game collapses lately.

A shutdown line would be a really good thing to have. A shutdown line without the first line centre on it.
All smallish players playing too many minutes, especially Plek with PK and PP time. the guy is always exhausted whne playoffs start.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:06 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I think Darche is a good 4th liner. Seems like a lot of people would love to have a EA Sports kind of 4th line with Forsberg, Selanne and Fedorov on it. Truth is, the 4th line really doesn't make that much of a difference in a game. Darche and Nokelainen are doing a good enough job there. They play 5-10 minutes of solid hockey every game and everyone who whines about them is just really looking for things to ***** about.

That said, I am looking for the return of White. If only to boot the 7th dman out of that line. Also, White can create some energy and momentum. I enjoyed watching him last year, and I'm looking forward to his return. But don't kid yourself, he's not going to make that big of a difference.

Edit - As for the PP time... Yikes. That was bad. But the reason he was on the power play was that he was one of the few players on this team that was willing to sacrifice the body and screen the goalie.
He's not a good 4th liner, he doesn't hit nor can he skate and forecheck too well either. The 4th line should come in and shift momentum with energy. He doesn't have that ability.

He's more of a good 13th forward, someone that appreciates simply being paid like an NHLer and won't complain being in the pressbox, yet can come in and make intelligent plays if need be.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote