HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 01:14 PM
FTK

vCash: 500
Lineup

What do you think the lineup will look like next Saturday's game against Buffalo.

here's mine

Hossa-Ribiero-Zednik (With second line duties this line produces)
Bulis-Koivu-Kilger (I just love this line, And it doesn't mix things up on the other lines)
Ryder-Perreault-Sundstrom(Perreault has scored 5 goals, you don't bench your top scorer, and he seems to have some chemistry with Ryder. I preffer Sundstrom to Audette, at this point. I have more hope that his play will get any better)
Bégin-Juneau-Dackell(Bégin is working pretty well and the Juneau-Dackell duo is pretty good)

Markov-Rivet(He has been playing horribly lately, but I think he needs Markov to look like a NHL Calibre D-man)
Souray-Quintal(They're playing decently)
Hainsey-Brisebois(They're not bad, and Hainsey will improve)

Garon(Theo will play friday)
Theodore

Old
11-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Mike8

Soft to the extreme. This team needs a checking line.

Frankly, I don't know of a lineup I like once the injured players return. I think some vets need to be shipped out somehow.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:03 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Ribeiro with Zednik over Koivu? You've got to be kidding me. In 2002-03 Julien wanted to spread out the scoring, this year he just wants some scoring. There is only one proven formula for goalscoring on this team.

Saku Koivu + Richard Zednik = Goals.

JL Line-Up:

#20 Richard Zednik - #11 Saku Koivu - #25 Chad Kilger
#38 Jan Bulis - #71 Mike Ribeiro - #73 Mike Ryder
#81 Marcel Hossa - #90 Joey Juneau - #24 Andreas Dackell
#15 Darren Langdon - #22 Steve Bégin - #82 Donald Audette
------
#37 Niklas Sundstom, #94 Yanic Perreault

#44 Sheldon Souray - #43 Patrice Brisebois
#65 Ron Hainsey - #52 Craig Rivet
#79 Andrei Markov - #05 Stephane Quintal
-------
#51 Frankie Bouillon

Old
11-02-2003, 05:21 PM
DEBASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Ribeiro with Zednik over Koivu? You've got to be kidding me. In 2002-03 Julien wanted to spread out the scoring, this year he just wants some scoring. There is only one proven formula for goalscoring on this team.

JL Line-Up:

------

#44 Sheldon Souray - #43 Patrice Brisebois
#65 Ron Hainsey - #52 Craig Rivet
#79 Andrei Markov - #05 Stephane Quintal
-------
#51 Frankie Bouillon
i like the idea of putting hossa with juneau and dackell. he'll still get plenty of playing time and i think he would learn a lot defensively. he can then play on a scoring line next year after he has adapted to a full NHL schedule.

i also thought that kilger played well with koivu and zednik and think this is a realistic possibility. the problem with this lineup is the fourth line. audette can't be there - he is a liability. replace him with ward and i like it.

the defense could use a shakeup too. have they even tried using rivet and markov with different partners?

Old
11-02-2003, 05:56 PM
zurg999

[QUOTE=jl.roberts]Ribeiro with Zednik over Koivu? You've got to be kidding me. In 2002-03 Julien wanted to spread out the scoring, this year he just wants some scoring. There is only one proven formula for goalscoring on this team.

JL:

I completely agree Koivu and Zednick need to be reunited, and soon. Right now opposing teams can key too easily on Ribiero/Zednik.

For the most part, I like your lines:

Good, as long as Kilger can show lots of drive and consistency, Maybe it will help to have Ryder and Bulis threaten for his spot.

I agree Bulis needs a spot on the top two lines. Having Koivu back should give Ribiero some space.

Juneau is the best thing I've seen from the Habs forward this year.
Sundstrom I see as being interchangeable with Dackell or Hossa. Hossa impresses me more each game, subtle speed and quick on his man.
I think you have him in the right spot, in Bulis' former spot on the checking line.

======

The fourth line I see a team problem. Langdon I can't see as a regular. Maybe Sundstrom instead of Langdon? I also think Perreault has to play. For better or worse, he's the only pure sniper this team has. Could Julien should alternate him on the top two lines, taking face offs but playing a wing positionally? He is too much of a liability defensively to play a centre, IMO. I guess I would go Sundstrom, Perreault, Begin for this line. Also, is there a reason why Koivu or Ribiero couldn't be doubleshifted at times to centre the 4th line? Then we'd see (Koivu/Ribiero , Begin and Sundstrom/Perreault).

Closed Thread