HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Miller is BACK

Old
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
woah! you described Ryan Miller and elite in the same thought? What happened to the Jame i am used to?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
woah! you described Ryan Miller and elite in the same thought? What happened to the Jame i am used to?
He played an Elite game... curtis stanford has done the same this year

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
HockeyTerror

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Aside from booing the major call, I really didn't have a problem with Nashville's crowd toinght. I think it's damn impressive they were on their feet and chanting throughout a commercial break while it was still 2-1. There was a tangible energy in the building while Nashville was pressing to tie the game.
As someone who attends enough home games to know and has had no success getting my section to join in any sort of chant for longer than 5 seconds...THIS. It's embarrassing. I get that their home success hasn't been great so far this year, but I've been to 3 WINS and the crowd was dead. What's the point of spending the money to go if you're just going to sit there. You can do that at home for free!

This phenominom has been getting progressively worse over the last 10 years.

HockeyTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTerror View Post
As someone who attends enough home games to know and has had no success getting my section to join in any sort of chant for longer than 5 seconds...THIS. It's embarrassing. I get that their home success hasn't been great so far this year, but I've been to 3 WINS and the crowd was dead. What's the point of spending the money to go if you're just going to sit there. You can do that at home for free!

The management needs some sort of way to inject life into the crowd, I don't know how. Do something like the Caps horn, I know we got some organ **** but c'mon our barn needs to be loud and proud.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
The management needs some sort of way to inject life into the crowd, I don't know how. Do something like the Caps horn, I know we got some organ **** but c'mon our barn needs to be loud and proud.
Or, take people's cell phones away when they come through the turnstiles.

I've never seen a group of fans at a sporting event that are more interested in texting and surfing the net than Sabres fans are.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:58 PM
ohheyimmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Or, take people's cell phones away when they come through the turnstiles.

I've never seen a group of fans at a sporting event that are more interested in texting and surfing the net than Sabres fans are.

It's a can of worms we need not open again, but what a vicious cycle FNC is. The team plays poorly, fans act despondent. But the fans hardly bring any energy to "inspire" the team. It can get so loud at the Ralph (obviously way more people) no matter how bad the Bills are, but hardly the same level of excitement for the swords. Kind of sad.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
oldgoalie
thanks Millsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTerror View Post

Bring back the Aud!!!

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
It's a can of worms we need not open again, but what a vicious cycle FNC is. The team plays poorly, fans act despondent. But the fans hardly bring any energy to "inspire" the team. It can get so loud at the Ralph (obviously way more people) no matter how bad the Bills are, but hardly the same level of excitement for the swords. Kind of sad.

As someone who has been going to games for about 30 years and goes to about 15 games a year, I sometimes wonder if most of the people in the building really like hockey. It seems like a ton of people like the "being at the game experience" more than watching the game. They want to see and be seen and have a story of their night.

I'm not going to tell anyone who spends money on a ticket how to behave. But, I wish the home crowds acted more like the Leaf or Canadian fans do when they're in town.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
As someone who has been going to games for about 30 years and goes to about 15 games a year, I sometimes wonder if most of the people in the building really like hockey. It seems like a ton of people like the "being at the game experience" more than watching the game. They want to see and be seen and have a story of their night.

I'm not going to tell anyone who spends money on a ticket how to behave. But, I wish the home crowds acted more like the Leaf or Canadian fans do when they're in town.
Yet it's been that way for a long time. Anyone else remember the embarrassment that was Gil Perreault's jersey ceremony in the Aud? Dead. Lifeless. Nothing for the team -- and yes, it wasn't all that likeable with Turgeon, Housley and pre-LaFontaine Mogilny as the keys but there was a sense of entitlement and a dower outlook even then. And that was what, '89? The presentation was pretty typical and there wasn't any technology tugging at anyone's attention.

When the team wins, the place rocks. When they aren't winning regularly, it will rock if there is a lot of physical play and/or fighting. And if they aren't winning regularly and aren't physical... it's a morgue. So basically, if they want to improve the fan experience... win games. And if they don't win the games, win the fights.

12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
Folks go into a Bills game after 3+ hours of drinking and partying. Many of them are buzzed, drunk or completely hammered when they enter the Ralph. You''re surprised a crowd like that is louder than one thats just getting to the game 10-30mins before it starts?

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote