HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max vs. Shanny

Old
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Jeez. Just shut up Patch and play. So he's denying it... Who gives a flying ****? It's done and you're back in the lineup next game. Move on.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Young Gun

I started out thinking shanny had something good going on for protecting the players but it's turned into a ****in joke. The NHL is turning into a joke ever since that bonehead bettman showed up. If a new all canadian hockey league(one team in each province) started up today, i would never turn on a nhl game again.
**** you bettman for turning the nhl into a money making ***** league.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Jeez. Just shut up Patch and play. So he's denying it... Who gives a flying ****? It's done and you're back in the lineup next game. Move on.
In a way you are right, in another, I'm kind of glad that Pacioretty pointed out that Shanahan's lying, maybe it will bring more accountability on the part of the league.

What reason would Shanahan have to deny it anyway? Nice to see him called out for it, but at the same time you don't want to come off as a whiner.

I wonder what explanation will be given from Shanahan now that he's been called out on his lie.

Definitely some bad blood between Patches and the league now.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
neofury*

Is it bad that I'm losing a ton of respect for a player I once loved?

Shanny is just a damn joke in this role. He's a borderline puppet at this point. I don't see how a person of such a position in this league could make such poor judgment calls and decisions. It must be that he's just a figurehead or the fall guy or something. Seriously it's gotta be a bad joke.

Because quite frankly I believe Max Pacioretty whether or not PG backs him up. It's horse **** we always get the bad end of these exchanges. I can't blame Shanny for the Chara non-suspension but I'm quite annoyed with how he's been inconsistent to the point of bias actually being questionable.

This is why it should be a committee/jury or people who know the game and even some who don't who put a vote based on how brutal/bad they think the hit is. Then the player gets a suspension/fine based on whatever the average # of games is. If it's 0.49 or less on avg with 12 people voting... then 0 games. 0.5 1.5 etc = round up.

I don't see why they would make one guy do the suspensions unless they did want to make it bias. This way you get a solid group of 12 people some who are heavily hockey connected and others who even aren't to get different perspectives of what is and isn't acceptable. Obviously they would have to use the rule book but at the end of the day it would be a lot more consistent.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
habsjunkie2*

I am pretty sure I remember reading shanny comparing this to the matt cooke hit when his explanation came out.

Why the about face shanny? how come? I am liking Pacioretty more and more for going against the grain here.

FU NHL. You suck.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Not like Patch is sitting there whining about it...I just heard the interview and they ASKED him about it...All he said was "ask my agent, he was there too".

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:59 PM

I wanna see a Pacioretty vs Shanahan fight.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
WHY LIE GUY

Good on Max for not being a doormat and letting the NHL walk all over him. I know if I threw a hit that I felt was legal, and someone was comparing it to Cooke's hit on Savard, I'd certainly stand up for myself. It sucks that some people here wouldn't, but everyone's different, I guess.

WHY LIE GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
**** you bettman for turning the nhl into a money making ***** league.
Yeah, the nerve of that guy and the owners!

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Et le But

This probably won't end well but good on Pacioretty. I get more respect for the man by the day.

It would be nice if PG defended him on this one. Shananhan has been a joke.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:23 PM
googlymoogly

No one should get on Patch for this. I seem to recall the media even printing that Shanny compared it to the Cooke hit. Shanny is the flip flopper so I don't believe anything he says now.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I hope the players will start with throwing more hip checks. You risk suspension with open ice shoulder checks...especially on the follow through.

The league suspension process is somehing like the wizard of oz with a magic 8 ball.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

From the TSN article: Shanahan said on Montreal station TSN Radio 990 last week that while he mentioned that the Cooke hit was part of what moved the NHL to crack down on headshots, he specifically told Pacioretty and the Canadiens he did not compare his hit to Cooke's.

Why did Shanny even bring up the Cooke-Savard hit then if he's not using it as a point of reference? It's like me saying "I'm not thinking of a big pink elephant". Are any of you then gonna believe that i'm not thinking of a big pink elephant???

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
@carl carmoni...I doubt there is a bruins bias, if there was, Marchand and Paille would have not gotten suspensions last year, but they did, how is that explained?
Well if you want to play that game, because they aren't Bruins superstars like Lucic and Chara (although I really don't care that they didn't get suspended)

I don't understand how people think Tootoo won't be suspended. Arms high, contact with the goalie, in the crease. This is nothing like the Lucic hit where it was in open ice.

I still don't quite understand why Max was suspended. You see Letang look at Max, decides to take the shot anyways and he puts his head down. The funny part to me is how you see Max try and avoid the hit. His body doesn't go through Letang, but in fact he goes parallel to him as he skates away from the hit.

Whatever, the 3 games are done now. Just makes me realize that if it wasn't for the habs being a part of the NHL, I would never watch a game.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
From the TSN article: Shanahan said on Montreal station TSN Radio 990 last week that while he mentioned that the Cooke hit was part of what moved the NHL to crack down on headshots, he specifically told Pacioretty and the Canadiens he did not compare his hit to Cooke's.

Why did Shanny even bring up the Cooke-Savard hit then if he's not using it as a point of reference? It's like me saying "I'm not thinking of a big pink elephant". Are any of you then gonna believe that i'm not thinking of a big pink elephant???
This makes sense. It's all a word game now. No one will ever get to the bottom of this, but unfortunately Max will be looked down upon for questioning a superior.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Protest the Hero

Someone take a picture of the NSYNC video when they're puppets, and replace the faces with Shanny and his friends in hockey operations.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:42 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This probably won't end well but good on Pacioretty. I get more respect for the man by the day.

It would be nice if PG defended him on this one. Shananhan has been a joke.
I dont get it. What more can happen to Pacioretty?

He had his neck broken and Chara received nothing.

He made a good hard play on Letang and he got suspended for 3 games even though he has no "history" (remember last year when they said Chara had no "history"?)

So dont even worry about something "ending well" regarding Pacioretty. He is being a man and standing up for himself instead of taking it like we too often see coming from this organization.

Kudos for Max. And I am willing to bet that Gauthier will NOT stand up and take Max's side in this discussion. Gauthier has no balls and does not mind getting shafted by the NHL all of the time.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:

Why did Shanny even bring up the Cooke-Savard hit then if he's not using it as a point of reference?
I was thinking the same thing.

"I know you're anxious to hear what we've decided Max, and we'll get to that... But first, here's a thorough retelling of the history of rule 48 in the NHL...."

That seems ridiculous, but that's Shanny's version of events. If he's telling the truth, he's pretty much a real life version of Abe Simpson.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Lshap

What Shanahan may have said is irrelevant at this point. Plus, none of us will ever know. I respect Pacioretty for not being the typical assembly-line athlete who mumbles cliches. He speaks his mind, for better or worse. That takes balls. He hits Letang and immediately apologizes to his face; he doesn't appreciate Shanahan's characterization and calls him on it. Agree or disagree with him, it's refreshing to hear someone unwilling to play politics.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
This makes sense. It's all a word game now. No one will ever get to the bottom of this, but unfortunately Max will be looked down upon for questioning a superior.
I wouldn't call Shanny a superior He's pretty inferior to me.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I wouldn't call Shanny a superior He's pretty inferior to me.
In terms of NHL structure, he is "National Hockey League's Vice President of Hockey and Business Development and head disciplinarian".

Old
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
24Cups

Quote:
I believe Shannahan, if it was comparable to Cooke v. Savard then Pacioretty would have gotten the same punishment -- nada.

Seriously though, the NHL's Magic 8 Ball approach to curbing thuggery is quickly becoming what Lindy Ruff calls it, a joke.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
OneSharpMarble

The savard hit was what made them want to crack down on headshots but the chara hit made them want to encourage them. Gotcha shanahan

Pacioretty getting suspended while a hit like lucics goes away with a "attaboy thanks for helping the game"

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
dutchy29

I don't know to me, the bottom line is Letang is still hurt, speaking out and being upset about how many games you got suspended when the other player is still hurt isn't too classy. Even if he feels he has a point.
Its too bad that Chara got away with what looked like purposefully injuring someone, but theirs no alternative but to move on.
And agreed being on bad side of Shanny will not help your career.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I think Max should keep his lips zipped on the subject, at least publicly.

Nothing good comes from this. If he has a problem with Shanahan... say it to him directly. Don't go to the press with this stuff. Not a smart move.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote