HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Where is Highschool hockey in the United States the best?

Old
12-05-2011, 10:39 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Is that why Hingham won two years ago because the public schools can't keep up? I would say the public schools are getting better and better because the talent overall is growing not the other way around.

So, you say the Catholic schools are struggling but every team you mentioned is Catholic and are almost always the most dominate schools with the except of Highham, Weymouth and Arlington.

Actually, the publics (Reading and Hingham) have recently won, precisely for the reason I mentioned, that the talent level overall has decreased. The gap is closing between the catholics and the publics...like I said, last year St. John's had a great team, they lost players to graduation, and more importantly, they lost their star freshman, Eiserman, to a Cushing Academy. I think you are seeing more kids take that route, or juniors, and less actually stay and play for their town teams, unfortunately.

I didn't say they are struggling, I said they have a tougher time maintaining great teams, with great talent year after year...see CM

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Minnesota. Theres a reason why its called, "the state of hockey".

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote